Celebrity site new login screens

Z'Loth

They seemed to have managed to lose my cruise history. It looks like I will have to provide the booking numbers but the first one was rejected as it wasn't associated with my surname. Lovely. Data conversion problems?

Hello. We are sorry you are having problems. Please take a look at our FAQs. If you're still having issues, please call us at 1-866-755-2171. We will be happy to help!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56188434#post56188434

--

Mine is broken already. Won't let me sign in with either my email or my user name.

They really, really, really messed up with this one.

They seemed to have managed to lose my cruise history. It looks like I will have to provide the booking numbers but the first one was rejected as it wasn't associated with my surname. Lovely. Data conversion problems?

Once I entered my CC# my cruise history got loaded. Worked for my DH also.

My Experience in Chrome so far:

1. LastPass doesn't work

2. System now only takes Email addresses

3. I had a 7 character password so I had to do a password reset - This required re-entering all of my information

4. My captains club number didn't make the transition so I re-entered it to get my past cruises

5. I cleared my cookies

6. Signed off and signed back on - New lastpass entry created

7. Signed off and signed back on - LastPass still doesn't work even with the new entry

8. Tried to search for a cruise...

- Filled in the dates

- Filled in the destination

- Clicked on Find Cruise

. Got Select your Country of residence

. Down arrow doesn't work, but you can type in Canada if you put your cursor over the word 'Country'

. Pressed the GO button

Went back to the main page without showing any trips. Dates and destinations have been cleared.

Tried everything in step 8 again with the same results, so as it stands, I can't use Celebrities website to search for trips!

As an ex-IT guy, this is a horrible update.

1. Run a scan through the database, find all users with a Username or a password that doesn't match the new standards. Send them all an email that outlines how the new system will work and when it will be implemented.

2. Make sure the system works with standard browsers like IE, Chrome, Edge and Safari

3. Make sure the system works with standard apps like LastPass.

4. If cookies are getting in the way of the new system, let everyone know via email before the update.

5. Don't drop any information during the transition.

6. Drop down arrows should work.

7. Gotta make sure that folks can search for trips once they can sign on

Anyone else having search problems? Anyone know a fix for them?

I get a black screen, with polka dots if I search for a flight, my history, my cruises....

using firefox though..

If I had a hammer...

Once I entered my CC# my cruise history got loaded. Worked for my DH also.

I just tried that Mary Lou. Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately they can now no longer trace my CC# !!!

This upgrade was tested before it was released? Or are they letting us do the shake out testing for them?

There is no other word for their use of IT that I have seen other than appalling.

If I was the manager of this migration I would expect to be fired. Mind you if I was the manager this would not have happened.

I tried Chrome and Edge. Both did not work. Tried the email link to reset password. The website said email address already in use. Next in Chrome I only put in my email address and rest my password and I was in. All looks good. I did not clean out my cookies.

Hi - We are sorry about this! Please see our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56188434#post56188434

If you have additional questions about your experience, please call 1-866-755-2171. Thank you.

1. LastPass doesn't work

2. System now only takes Email addresses

3. I had a 7 character password so I had to do a password reset - This required re-entering all of my information

4. My captains club number didn't make the transition so I re-entered it to get my past cruises

5. I cleared my cookies

6. Signed off and signed back on - New lastpass entry created

7. Signed off and signed back on - LastPass still doesn't work even with the new entry

8. Tried to search for a cruise...

- Filled in the dates

- Filled in the destination

- Clicked on Find Cruise

. Got Select your Country of residence

. Down arrow doesn't work, but you can type in Canada if you put your cursor over the word 'Country'

. Pressed the GO button

Went back to the main page without showing any trips. Dates and destinations have been cleared.

Tried everything in step 8 again with the same results, so as it stands, I can't use Celebrities website to search for trips!

1. Run a scan through the database, find all users with a Username or a password that doesn't match the new standards. Send them all an email that outlines how the new system will work and when it will be implemented.

2. Make sure the system works with standard browsers like IE, Chrome, Edge and Safari

3. Make sure the system works with standard apps like LastPass.

4. If cookies are getting in the way of the new system, let everyone know via email before the update.

5. Don't drop any information during the transition.

6. Drop down arrows should work.

7. Gotta make sure that folks can search for trips once they can sign on

Hi John. We are so sorry you are experiencing these issues. Please view our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56188434#post56188434

Give us a call at 1-866-755-2171 to speak to someone about these issues. Thank you.

I just tried that Mary Lou. Thank you for the hint. Unfortunately they can now no longer trace my CC# !!!

This upgrade was tested before it was released? Or are they letting us do the shake out testing for them?

There is no other word for their use of IT that I have seen other than appalling.

If I was the manager of this migration I would expect to be fired. Mind you if I was the manager this would not have happened.

I was just now able to reset my old account sign in and new password without too much difficulty. LastPass is working now with the new user ID and password. Did not do any unusual cleaning of my browser (new version of Chrome, just released). I do not have any cruises currently booked so cannot comment about that, but my old cruises are showing up as do my Captain Club's information trips, points, etc. All seems OK for me as of now anyway.

Past I have My and DW accounts with the same email (different nicks), I have to change the email for my DW account, after login I only add his CC number and the history for she was loaded. Everything is OK.

I had the same sort of mess trying to complete details for the new screens in My Account to get access. It ended up by only being able to see an empty black screen. Now, some two hours later, it seems to have sorted itself out and all the past and future cruise details are there. Perhaps Celebrity should have warned that it would take time to action new accounts?

According to the email I have been sent, they are merging the sites.

39fc592094b304d77b84e967ccd9a980.jpg

Omg..what a poor idea....this merger seems to be another step in the obliteration of X as a sep entity..

Some of us no longer cruise Royal C so no reason to merge it all..

You bring up a good point. I have two friends who share one email account. I wonder what they are supposed to do now?

Hello there - You can see our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56188434#post56188434

If you cannot find the answer to your question there, or you have additional questions, please reach out to us at 1-866-755-2171 with any inquiries. Thank you.

So it appears that couples who share one email address (yes there are people out there in that situation, my friends Tony & Judy are one couple, friends Lee and Susan are another, all former Celebrity passengers, all Captain's Club members) are just out of luck? No more accessing their Captain's club accounts. S.O.L.?????

So it appears that couples who share one email address (yes there are people out there in that situation, my friends Tony & Judy are one couple, friends Lee and Susan are another, all former Celebrity passengers, all Captain's Club members) are just out of luck? No more accessing their Captain's club accounts. S.O.L.?????

Hello - Please take a look at our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...4#post56188434

If you cannot find the answer to your question there, or you have additional questions, please reach out to us at 1-866-755-2171 with any inquiries. Thank you.

The bottom line is that this is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to be jumping through a bunch of hoops because the IT dept is completely incompetent. In all my years of using the internet I've never seen such a fouled up mess as the Celebrity website over the past 3 or 4 years.

Maybe a bit of flogging and keelhauling and they might straighten up.

The bottom line is that this is ridiculous. We shouldn't have to be jumping through a bunch of hoops because the IT dept is completely incompetent. In all my years of using the internet I've never seen such a fouled up mess as the Celebrity website over the past 3 or 4 years.

Maybe a bit of flogging and keelhauling and they might straighten up.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT... disrespect for the customers.

Edited by hcat

1. LastPass doesn't work

Yes, somewhere on that page, the auto-fill function is disabled.

Here is a helpful hint: Some of us use a password manager such as LastPass or KeePass nowadays in order to have a unique password for each website we log into, and think that 1TWvw|(u^DU@GJeiUS("44X^y+hL,2~| is a nice secure password that will take 2 QUATTUORDECILLION YEARS to crack. Because of previous data breaches, a short, easy-to-remember such as Krewzin65! used across all of the sites is simply asking for trouble.

Of course, I would love to see some two-factor authentication (2FA) such as Authy or Google Authenticator implemented on the site as well. 2FA is used on where I shop (Amazon), on my email (Google Mail), on online gaming (Blizzard Battle.net, Steam), and for social media (Facebook, Twitter). It really needs to be better utilized in business applications.

Uhhhh, no, that won't quite work. As a business administration-MIS graduate working for a major IT company and someone who has done webwork in the past, what you would be suggesting is impossible. At the very minimum, the passwords would be stored in a separate database table in a encrypted form. Ideally, passwords should be "salted" with some sort of unique identifier, then hashed using a one-way algorithm such as SHA-256 (e.g. 8282674642+1TWvw|(u^DU@GJeiUS("44X^y+hL,2~| becomes 1C6389F41E3BF2FCC946E5028D9782DDE5B5F7A667EBC2DC5BE1533B238770A8, 8282674642+Krewzin65! becomes 61C82AD2B2BC365480DF796E31AA057648067D47E826445C0239E6032B36708F) so that it is impossible to reverse-decrypt the password. Companies who implement this have to send you a password reset link. The advantages of using a hash is that passwords can be a unlimited length, and can use letters, numbers, symbols, and foreign characters.

Oh, and this was good advice from ten years ago. I haven't directly worked with authentication systems in years. The closest I get to that nowadays is troubleshooting SAML assertions on Single-Sign-On systems for corporations.

Try clearing all of the cookies for Celebrity Cruises in your web browser, then try again. I posted links to instructions here. There should have been a check for legacy cookies and to clear them out prior to logging in.

I normally don’t post about website issues and honestly, don’t understand lots of the technical points, but I do know how to use the Internet and had many issues today. I could not access my account on an iPad. I had to use a PC to do so and only after many tries. The information was correct. Further, I cannot get Celebrity emails to an aol address.

Celebrity will lose a lot of customers because of a website that is difficult and frustrating to navigate. We have a cruise coming up and many recent posters cannot sign up for the Connections Party...but that is another issue.

Hello - Please take a look at our FAQs here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/show...4#post56188434

To Celebrity Cruise Official, rather than continue to point people to an FAQ that doesn’t answer the question of “How do two people sharing the same e-mail address log in” maybe you can actually provide a real response. If it can be done, update the FAQ with that question and answer.