Holiday is falling apart

I'm so sorry to read about what you are going through. As a parent myself I'd be a basket case with worry. Hoping they find out what is wrong and your son will be on the road to recovery soon.

Sending good thoughts your way.

Good news, bladder is ok. The damage is in the urea tube but at the moment his blood pressure is on the floor so doubt the doctors would allow him to fly.

He’s been looking forward to this holiday for months and in fact was giddy with excitement on Sunday night. I’m totally gutted to miss our first cruise but totally devastated for him.

Good news, bladder is ok. The damage is in the urea tube but at the moment his blood pressure is on the floor so doubt the doctors would allow him to fly.

Best to get it all sorted out and worry about the cruise later. Prayers for a speedy recovery.

Definitely won’t be making the holiday, one very sick wee man. Lost quite a bit of blood and has either fainted or had a couple of fits. Very scared

SO very sorry. Thoughts are with your little guy for a speedy recovery.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a bit of advice. Keep very accurate records of your expenses, your time line and lots of documentation from the hospital and doctors. Having insurance is a very good thing, collecting on the policy can be very trying. Check with the airline to see if your canceled tickets still have any value, they may but there may be a change fee that would be covered by insurance. Make sure you have full records for the money you lost on the canceled hotel too. Most of all, take good care of your son and be thankful you spotted the problem before you were in the air.

The silver lining in this is that it happened while you were still at 'home' rather than in the air, at your hotel or on the ship. Then it would have been so much more complicated to deal with. Wishing him a speedy recovery and I hope you get your cruise soon.

:(

Best wishes for a speedy recovery and a bit of advice. Keep very accurate records of your expenses, your time line and lots of documentation from the hospital and doctors. Having insurance is a very good thing, collecting on the policy can be very trying. Check with the airline to see if your canceled tickets still have any value, they may but there may be a change fee that would be covered by insurance. Make sure you have full records for the money you lost on the canceled hotel too. Most of all, take good care of your son and be thankful you spotted the problem before you were in the air.

The hospital cost aren’t a concern because it’s in Dublin Ireland which like the UK is part of the EU and we are covered.

The holiday itself it more the concern, I paid the bulk through Credit card but the cruise part which was separate was paid by my debit card.

The wife spoke with the surgeon last night who appeared to be happy with him despite the low blood pressure which they put down to he’s blood lose and lack of food and drink intake all day, so far he’s had either 6 or 8 litres of fluids and currently another 2 is going in. She (the surgeon) thinks he should be fit to fly later but will need to see the head of the department before that would be decided. I’m just happy to see him on the mend.

Since 6am Sunday morning I’ve had a total of 4 hours unsettled sleep, 2 paper cups of tea and a kitkat.

TOTALLY BUSHED

Hi, just wanted to check you have good travel insurance? They will cover your losses on the flights, cruise, all of it, contacting them is priority over calling RCL at this stage.

They will handle everything too, so that you can stop worrying about the admin and concentrate on your son bless him, really hope that they can get him better, and that you can then plan to take the trip in the future.

Its heartening to see so many kind messages of support here too! Take care. Louise. (loopylooloo ;))