***HAL's website - what a mess!

Hal&Rob

How does one book the pricing posted on the first page for a specific cruise? . . . .

As others said, it might be the lowest price for the same itinerary, but for a different date.

Always be sure to login, as prices can vary greatly. Recently, the site would log me out when I’d click on a link (and cause the lower price to disappear) and I would need to login again for some unknown reason.

What you’re describing was happening frequently in late May, there wasn’t always an explanation for it. When I could go between the “old” and “new” websites, there could be great pricing disparity between the two sites for the same sailing. Sometimes agents couldn’t see prices I could see. If you come across something you want, take a screen shot. Good luck!

As others said, it might be the lowest price for the same itinerary, but for a different date.

Always be sure to login, as prices can vary greatly. Recently, the site would log me out when I’d click on a link (and cause the lower price to disappear) and I would need to login again for some unknown reason.

What you’re describing was happening frequently in late May, there wasn’t always an explanation for it. When I could go between the “old” and “new” websites, there could be great pricing disparity between the two sites for the same sailing. Sometimes agents couldn’t see prices I could see. If you come across something you want, take a screen shot. Good luck!

Last May, hmm. Sounds as if this has been going on for a while, as we had the same problem in March.

Yes, screen shot and on the phone with a PCC or two. They couldn't see the pricing either. They do use Polar Online, so maybe that is why. In the end, this was attributed to a price that was, in fact, "real", at one point for a very short period of time. They went to great lengths to get the low pricing removed. It took hours.

This time I did use the "Feedback" on the booking page and the price was changed to the low price showing up on all three pages. Fast, too. Hmm.

I haven't looked today to see what has happened overnight, which appears to be when regular changes are made.

UGGH! Can't get on their website again today!!! Cruise in under 30 days and can't manage my cruise at all!

Please make frequent and compelling use of the small "feedback" side bar on the lower right hand side of the !#$@!#$%^^^%##!!!!! new website. . They do ask if you need someone to call you back. I would hate to be in your shoes and we are glad we had at least one prior cruise booked because there is no way we would have found it on the website today. Will it look any better in 72 days when it is time for us to get our boarding passes? Not looking hopeful.

UGGH! Can't get on their website again today!!! Cruise in under 30 days and can't manage my cruise at all!

I could not get on earlier today, but just now it took me right to the old website! Must be having more issues.

I sure understand for all of you your frustration over the HAL website. I have had no problem at all navigating their website and frequently look at Flightease for a price check and never lose my reservation like others have.

We got off a Celebrity cruise last month. We are Elite. Their website is also a nightmare! When I received the post cruise online evaluation, I rated the cruise a 10 but on the next question "would you recommend Celebrity to a friend?" I gave it a 6. They got right back to me and I made it clear that their website was user UNfriendly and until it is fixed, we will not book with them again. For me, the booking and planning is a part of the joy of cruising. The Celebrity survey never mentioned ease of use of their website.

I am so beyond frustrated as well. Tried booking my Alaska excursions on the website. finally go thru to the payment page...then every card I tried was rejected. Called the bank to make sure everything was ok. No problems on my end. Long story short, by the time I decided to just call them it was after 6pm and the office was closed! Called at 6am the next morning and 2 or my 3 excursions that were in my cart at 6pm the night before were full!!! I am so mad. Plus I am beyond tired of trying to finish my docs. They keep sending me emails saying they are available to finish but every time I go thru the whole page filling everything in, I submit it and get some occupation error. Serious, there is not even a lline for occupation!!!!SO DUMB

Wow! My Mariner Status and My Bookings finally made it back to the website.

AND... I was able to book our HMC cabana today, miracle of miracles! And I didn't even have to sacrifice a goat to Poseidon or stand on one foot while rubbing my tummy and patting my head. Red letter day for the website!!:evilsmile:

All kidding aside... that the HAL website is the first "touch point" for many possible guests is disheartening. We know the truth but new potential customers might be very turned off by that jumbled up, half baked mess of a website.

I sure understand for all of you your frustration over the HAL website. I have had no problem at all navigating their website and frequently look at Flightease for a price check and never lose my reservation like others have.

We got off a Celebrity cruise last month. We are Elite. Their website is also a nightmare! When I received the post cruise online evaluation, I rated the cruise a 10 but on the next question "would you recommend Celebrity to a friend?" I gave it a 6. They got right back to me and I made it clear that their website was user UNfriendly and until it is fixed, we will not book with them again. For me, the booking and planning is a part of the joy of cruising. The Celebrity survey never mentioned ease of use of their website.

Maybe living in the Pacific Northwest does the trick!

I wish I'd gotten the new survey for the website, but I didn't.

I hate the new site. The coloring book maps on the Find a Cruise page are a joke. I keep having to pull out our hard copy atlas to see the lay of the land.

Also, when managing multiple bookings, I must log in again, and I keep getting stuck in an endless loop.

I agree the Mariner details were easy to find today on the new website. The itinerary for my booked cruise is impossible to see. I just want a list of ports, arrival and departure time, and whether or not it is a tender port. I can't be that hard. I don't want all these pictures of day by day excursions available.

I always go to List View in my "find a cruise section." On Manage bookings, doesn't the itinerary page still work?

I printed several itineraries this week so I could register the trips at S.T.E.P.

I was also horrified to find the old links now take you to not so new and improved site.

Isn't HAL the name of that computer in 2001 A Space Odyssey ?? He was a MESS also!

Now I don't care who ya are...thats funny! You need a stress pill to deal with the site.

I found the site works best with Internet Explorer - before I was using Mozilla Firefox.

I have IE, windows 7, and a 7 yr old computer and have no problem with the website. One should not need specific equipment to use the HAL website.

I kept giving feedback reporting that the last website update was bad. Now they have managed to make it FAR worse! For days, my 979 sea days were MIA, with it telling me I needed to sail one day to achieve 1-star mariner status! I finally called Seattle. They lady said she'd spent the entire morning apologizing to people for the website. It appears that now that has been fixed - finally!

We have five bookings lined up. Trying to move from one to the other is a real pain! Every single time I want to get to a different booking, I have to sign in again! Extremely inefficient and inconvenient! .

HAL needs to find someone who knows how to design a user-friendly website. I agree with the people who say that it will discourage cruisers who may be new to HAL! :loudcry:

Internet Explorer

Wanted to chime in and agree with other posters who have said checking in online is best using Internet Explorer. I tried to today with Chrome and it kept spinning and even gave error messages. Had no trouble checking in with Internet Explorer (for today, at least!).

Happy Sailing! :)

Internet Explorer

Wanted to chime in and agree with other posters who have said checking in online is best using Internet Explorer. I tried to today with Chrome and it kept spinning and even gave error messages. Had no trouble checking in with Internet Explorer (for today, at least!).

Should HAL dependent upon online sales and marketing information intentionally disengage other major search engine formats? Or at least up front tell potential viewers what these format requirements are so they don't waste hours trying to find a way to make sense of the newly selective HAL website?

I apologize if this has already been mentioned. For the longest time when I tried to find Alaska sailings, all I could select under "Sail To" was "Alaska/Yukon." Then when I to "Depart From" I was presented with only Fairbanks or Anchorage, not Seward or Vancouver or Seattle or San Francisco. It sent me right to another big online TA to find a cruise. It's now been corrected, thanks to all of you who complained. But how much business did HAL lose in the interim?

Internet Explorer

I've seen the same thing with Chrome.

Internet Explorer

Interesting. Microsoft hasn't supported any version of Internet Explorer except 11 since 2016. And it doesn't totally support that any longer. Yeah, I'd want my website to work on only that platform. :eek:

Hi,

Need help I don’t know how to find my travel summary page on the new website, I could always find it on the old website. I am on the phone with HAL now and customer service does not know how to look either, he said he could verbally tell me but he doesn’t know where to find it on the part of the website that is for the end user. He is checking with someone else have been talking over half an hour already with HAL. Not very impressed at all. I want to be able to see it for myself I don’t want to call into HAL for information every time. Does anyone know how to find travel summary info on new website?

Hi,

Need help I don’t know how to find my travel summary page on the new website, I could always find it on the old website. I am on the phone with HAL now and customer service does not know how to look either, he said he could verbally tell me but he doesn’t know where to find it on the part of the website that is for the end user. He is checking with someone else have been talking over half an hour already with HAL. Not very impressed at all. I want to be able to see it for myself I don’t want to call into HAL for information every time. Does anyone know how to find travel summary info on new website?

Already Booked (top right)

My Account (top left)

For those of you still having website issues, try the old site using this link. It seems okay at this time.

https://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-deals?legacy=true

As of July 5, this link still works. You’re a hero for posting the link . Like everyone else I have been standing on my head spitting nickels trying to get the new website to work. I also wrote HAL. So Houston, we don’t have a problem anymore. Much appreciated !!

As of July 5, this link still works. You’re a hero for posting the link . Like everyone else I have been standing on my head spitting nickels trying to get the new website to work. I also wrote HAL. So Houston, we don’t have a problem anymore. Much appreciated !!
Happy it works for you ... it takes me to the new website:

10xwkuf.jpg

I am very jealous of anyone able to even load the new website. I have tried different devices, different browsers...to no avail. I booked, and paid for, an October Mediterranean sailing back in March. Have never, not even once, been able to get their website to load completely. Get the blue ocean, the logo in left corner and then just circling until finally a "404 not found". Incredibly frustrating.