Elite laundry ??

39august

Back in the day yes they used to write the cabin number directly on the clothes - now they put it on a little sticky tape on a seam somewhere - some are hard to get off, some I'm still finding that I missed from the last cruise.

But no matter what its shortcomings, I still think it is a really nice perk.

Yes, I’m often removing those taped in tags for weeks or months after a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad luck just a change in benefits! The website says 1 bag for Elite. Not 20-30 items as it did previously.

We were never charged additional, we would put eveything on 1 ticket and specify 2 bags.

You might be correct, but I am not convinced that the benefit has changed. Certainly nothing was published saying the benefit has changed. As you point out the wording most have changed in some places? At least it was not in January. I will let you know after my cruise in October.

You might be correct, but I am not convinced that the benefit has changed. Certainly nothing was published saying the benefit has changed. As you point out the wording most have changed in some places? At least it was not in January. I will let you know after my cruise in October.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

We are actually Elite + and get 2 bags per cruise, this was true on our last 3 cruises and I’m sure it will be the same in 3 weeks. The Captains club hostess confirmed the change a year or so ago.

We can stuff as many items as will fit into that small white bag though!

Didnt know that jeans and other clothes can be included in the laundry bag. I thought that it was only to include shorts and tee shirts, underwear and night clothes like on rccl. Havent been on Celebrity for a while.

Didnt know that jeans and other clothes can be included in the laundry bag. I thought that it was only to include shorts and tee shirts, underwear and night clothes like on rccl. Havent been on Celebrity for a while.

You get 20-30 items (pair of socks = one item) per Elite member. We send out jeans, sweat shirts, t-shirts, and the like. It's wash, dry, and fold. If you can't get your 30 items in one bag, use two or three. It doesn't matter.

It varies by the cruise . My last one was 20 items . One before was 30 items. Timing varies as well. Never been back before 24 hours. Depends on if they are busy. I no longer sends whites as some had yellow spots

It varies by the cruise . My last one was 20 items . One before was 30 items. Timing varies as well. Never been back before 24 hours. Depends on if they are busy. I no longer sends whites as some had yellow spots

Yes, 20 items for shorter cruises, i.e. the 7-night Bermuda run out of Bayonne.

Whites can be an issue. I take my older undershirts. If they turn a slight yellow, not a big issue.

My wife always writes on the slip WASH IN COLD WATER. We've not had any issues.

Never send anything you really care about. All laundry is done in hot water & hot rinse. Writing wash in cold doesn’t help, it’s all hot. Great for DH underwear & socks & occasionally a couple pair of his cargo shorts. Never send mine; however, the dry cleaning is fabulous

Sent from my iPad using Forums

You get 20-30 items (pair of socks = one item) per Elite member. We send out jeans, sweat shirts, t-shirts, and the like. It's wash, dry, and fold. If you can't get your 30 items in one bag, use two or three. It doesn't matter.

Thanks a mill!

We are actually Elite + and get 2 bags per cruise, this was true on our last 3 cruises and I’m sure it will be the same in 3 weeks. The Captains club hostess confirmed the change a year or so ago.

Each elite + gets two bags per cruise so you actually have 4 bags per cruise. The number of items varies 20 or 30 per free laundry...it's not unlimited. If one bag won't hold what you want washed, our experience is that you can put it in two bags...as long as the total number of articles is within the allowed amount.

Yes, I’m often removing those taped in tags for weeks or months after a cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL!!!

I equate it with finding a $20.00 bill in my ski pants. Brings back happy memories

Each elite + gets two bags per cruise so you actually have 4 bags per cruise. The number of items varies 20 or 30 per free laundry...it's not unlimited. If one bag won't hold what you want washed, our experience is that you can put it in two bags...as long as the total number of articles is within the allowed amount.

My experience as well. In fact I have been told that the cabin stew prefers if you DO NOT over stuff.... Use as many bags as you want, and count the items.

Thanks for the tip about not needing to fill out the form... I'll ask next cruise. We used to do it mainly to make sure everything came back but in fact we never check.

Yes, 20 items for shorter cruises, i.e. the 7-night Bermuda run out of Bayonne.

Whites can be an issue. I take my older undershirts. If they turn a slight yellow, not a big issue.

My wife always writes on the slip WASH IN COLD WATER. We've not had any issues.

It was 20 items on our 15 night Eclipse cruise in April

Yes, I know we each get 2 bags! Unlike Azamara where the benefit is per cabin not per person!

I must be cruising on the wrong ships, we have only been on Equinox and Solstice in the last year and each time the sheet we get when we board says 2 bags (per E+) and does not specify how many items, whereas it used to say a specific number of items. The way I read it is, as many items as I can get in 1 bag! When it was 30 items we would always use more than 1 bag and label 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 etc...

The website also specifies 1 bag or 2, in the past it used to state the number of items.

Edited by lovecruzin

I assume that they use the hottest water possible...wouldn't want to send anything good. On Carnival we just sent underwear; I know they use the hottest water possible! This will be our first time Elite on X so just wondering if it's okay to send good items for laundry.

I assume that they use the hottest water possible...wouldn't want to send anything good. On Carnival we just sent underwear; I know they use the hottest water possible! This will be our first time Elite on X so just wondering if it's okay to send good items for laundry.

I have sent many things to the laundry, but nothing delicate or really expensive.

Yes, I know we each get 2 bags! Unlike Azamara where the benefit is per cabin not per person!

I must be cruising on the wrong ships, we have only been on Equinox and Solstice in the last year and each time the sheet we get when we board says 2 bags (per E+) and does not specify how many items, whereas it used to say a specific number of items. The way I read it is, as many items as I can get in 1 bag! When it was 30 items we would always use more than 1 bag and label 1 of 2 and 2 of 2 etc...

The website also specifies 1 bag or 2, in the past it used to state the number of items.

I know that you confident that the benefit was changed some time ago to just want you could fit into one bag. (As you were told) This has not been my experience or the experience of many people who have posted on this thread. I have used more than one bag for many years.

I guess over time we will see if this is just a misunderstanding or another poorly implemented change. In the meantime just bring a really big bag to use, but personally I would not include more than 30 in the bag. As far as I can tell there is nothing that says you have to use a certain bag for the Elite and Elite Plus laundry benefit.

Enjoy.

I know that you confident that the benefit was changed some time ago to just want you could fit into one bag. (As you were told) This has not been my experience or the experience of many people who have posted on this thread. I have used more than one bag for many years.

I guess over time we will see if this is just a misunderstanding or another poorly implemented change. In the meantime just bring a really big bag to use, but personally I would not include more than 30 in the bag. As far as I can tell there is nothing that says you have to use a certain bag for the Elite and Elite Plus laundry benefit.

Enjoy.

Funny, between the 2 of us, we usually have plenty of free laundry.

Celebrity is consistently inconsistent so I I have no doubt

others have different experiences relating to laundry.

Have a great weekend :)

Enjoy.

The bag you use is the bag that is in your cabin that is used by people sending out regular laundry. Unless you count each sock as an individual item, we've never been able to come anywhere near sending in 30 pieces. The bags aren't that big and they tear really easily.

Were you in the Baltics where they do have some sort of a restriction?

It was a TA from Miami to Dublin. We were surprised by the limit as we usually see either 30 or no amount at all. We had a 'discussion' as to whose socks were getting washed.

Maybe it was because there were about 1600 Elite and above onboard

Am I correct that each Elite member gets one bag of free laundry each cruise ( 7 nights or longer) with up to 30 pieces? Does this include any type if clothing? Can this be done any day of the cruise? Will the bags be in the cabin or do we ask the steward for them? I believe we each get one free pressing as well.

"Any type of clothing" can be a misnomer. I would not put anything that might shrink or get destroyed by intense hot water or dryer. Great service for underwear, socks, night gown/pj's and basic Tshirts. I will be folded but full of wrinkles.

They also do a nice job with polo shirts, which come back neatly folded.

We have never had a problem with sending polo shirts to the laundry.

Women's tops in travel fabrics that don't require ironing are fine too.

When we send 2 pairs of trousers to be washed, we also use a free pressing coupon to have them pressed.

If you want trouser creases pressed in front, write the instructions in large letters right on the laundry slip.

Otherwise, they may put the trousers on a machine that flattens the front and presses the creases into the sides. :eek:

We found this out when we failed to list specific pressing instructions.

Even if you list instructions, they may occasionally fail to follow them, but if that happens you can just send the item back and have it done over again at no charge.

I know that some don't bother to do this, but we always itemize how many of each item we are sending on the laundry slip.

That makes it easy to check that nothing is missing when the laundry comes back.

Edited by varoo