Would YOU Do It???

Had a blast on the sailing to Bermuda with DW and the kids, though her and I reminisced a bit on our past trips with formal night dinners, specialty restaurants, and being able to float as we pleased without the kids (trying not to make it sound horrible!).

Anniversary is coming up in September and I wanted to surprise her with a quick trip - just the two of us.

In Laws have no problem watching our boys for an extended weekend (Friday - Monday).

I'm sure we can find some cheap airfare, and I'm having our TA look into it.

The question I have is - has anyone that lived in the Midwest (or far enough away from a port) found it worth a quick 3 night cruise just to get away? (I know that a lot of it is subjective, and it's all on what you want to spend... but I'm still curious about others' input!)

Had a blast on the sailing to Bermuda with DW and the kids, though her and I reminisced a bit on our past trips with formal night dinners, specialty restaurants, and being able to float as we pleased without the kids (trying not to make it sound horrible!).

Anniversary is coming up in September and I wanted to surprise her with a quick trip - just the two of us.

In Laws have no problem watching our boys for an extended weekend (Friday - Monday).

The question I have is - has anyone that lived in the Midwest (or far enough away from a port) found it worth a quick 3 night cruise just to get away? (I know that a lot of it is subjective, and it's all on what you want to spend... but I'm still curious about others' input!)

I personally would never bother with a cruise that short, coming from the midwest. Between the flying, and just the disembark and embarkation, it does not seem worth it. We did do a few weekends when the kids were smaller, but it was easier trips - down to San Antonio for 2 days on the riverwalk - out to vegas for a long weekend, but could not see going on a cruise for less than 7 days myself.

For me, I probably wouldn't but that's more because I don't have any interest in the 3/4 night Bahama "Party Cruises", but I definitely would for a Cuba cruise (4 or 5 night usually)

So in that sense, I would do a short cruise as a getaway if the destination interested me. We haven't done a short cruise getaway, but we have done some other quick getaways for a long weekend that required a bit of travel, like going to Iceland for a 5 day weekend (About 9/10 hours of flight time), to Seattle for a 4 day weekend (12 hour drive time), and several trips to national parks for 3/4 day weekends (6-8 hour drive time)

Nope waaaay too short a cruise for me since final day isn’t a real day but get off boat. And I don’t like booze cruises.

I would fly to Vegas or NYC for weekend and take in a couple shows etc.

I'm afraid it's another no from me. We won't do it for less than six nights and the few short ones we were on years ago were party sailings! I do think you are so sweet to want to surprise your DW with a cruise so do what you desire. BTW, it is not horrible to want some alone time.

Unless the ship was across the street, no way! Never been on a cruise less than 7 days. Except a 5 night to Bermuda which we can drive to port, never will go on one less

The 5 day Bermuda cruises to me are too short but we do them from time to time. 3 days even from NJ where we live I wouldn't do, forget about flying somewhere. I wish RCI would switch to all 7 day Bermuda cruises.

The 5 day Bermuda cruises to me are too short but we do them from time to time. 3 days even from NJ where we live I wouldn't do, forget about flying somewhere. I wish RCI would switch to all 7 day Bermuda cruises.

They won't. I'd actually guess that in the coming years they'll add more 3/4 night cruises. They're popular with families and millenials who might have a harder time taking 7 days (+ travel time) off of work/school. I know quite a few people who work for companies that "strongly encourage" employees to take their vacation time in smaller increments; 1 day here, two days there, rather than take an entire week or two weeks off at once.

Used to love the Bermuda, Caribbean 9 nighters from Bayonne, but they stopped having them in Sept and Oct when we want to go

We live in New York. I wouldn’t fly anywhere for less than a 7 day cruise or vacation. It’s not worth the hassle. We are booked on the Anthem for 9 days just for the fact that we don’t have to fly to port. If it wasn’t for that fact I would have booked Princess or Celebrity out of a Florida port.

To add I don’t find the short cruises to be of the same value per day as a longer itinerary. I would drive to the closest city for a weekend get away and with that I don’t mean Manhattan.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A yes from me. We've never done a 3 nighter, but we fly from Pennsylvania (2.5 hour flight from PHL to MIA) for the 4 night cruises. Can you add one night in a nice hotel before the cruise? We think that gives a nice bit of relaxation between the flight and the cruise.

I live in MN and I vote YES! As someone said, a short vacation is better than no vacation. I have small children so the appeal to be gone just for a short time from them but to be relieved of all duties is great. I think if you can get good airfare then it is totally worth it. Have fun!

We actually did a short cruise like one you are suggesting in the spring of 2017. I prefer longer trips but for the time off that I had at the time (very few days) it was fun and we would do it again! Have fun!

We have been on several 4 days and have another booked for December. We can drive to the port BUT we have never been on one longer than 5 days. We love the short ones :-)

BUT 3 nights is way too short imo esp if your flying

Used to love the Bermuda, Caribbean 9 nighters from Bayonne, but they stopped having them in Sept and Oct when we want to go
Exactly, I was just talking about this with my TA. We love the way NCL does Bermuda. 7 days and a great deal with free perks and all that. But love RCI ships WAY better, Anthem way better than Escape and hate the Manhattan port and love the Bayonne terminal. I just wish RCI would do 7 day bermuda cruises instead of these too short 5 day ones.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk