Current Cruise Director (CD) List

On 12/13/2019 at 1:17 PM, DELTABLUE said:

Home again,  home again!  "Hello Clo" on Grandeur said that she will be on through 2-20-20, though there might be some wiggle room.  At the moment, she has no idea who will be following her.

Hello, Deltablue!

Hello Clo!

Clo O'Connor was the Cruise Director on our Regal Empress cruise in 2000!  Nice to see a familiar name (as well as yours, Deltablue).

We were just looking at the photo of our dinner at the Captain's table on that cruise.  Clo is directly across from us. Good times!

ADVENTURE:   Drew Devine #1397
ALLURE  Jimmy Rhodes #1578, Michele Scarpato May to September, 2020 #1652

ANTHEM  Mitch Merucci September 21 #1477 to January 16, 2020 #1692, then Mercedes Lafuente #1676
BRILLIANCE:    Rob McNally  #1566
EMPRESS  Elvis Pinto returns from vacation 9-7 #1690
ENCHANTMENT:  Bobby Broughton. Elizabeth Hackett to cover vacation, early October #1476 Is Elizabeth aboard? Please update.
EXPLORER:  Mike Whitte #1545
FREEDOM:    Cory Rogers for 30 days in Dec to take ship to Cadiz in Jan for drydock #1444 then Elvis Pinto #1671
GRANDEUR:  Clo O'Connor #1626 Through 2-20-20 #1657
HARMONY:    Marc Walker as of  9-29-19/3-15-20, 5-3/9-13-20 and 11-15-20/3-7-21 #1619
INDEPENDENCE:  Cuddy Cudsworth  #1677
JEWEL:         Andrea Oliver on through March, 2020 #1687
LIBERTY:  Brian Leavitt returned October 13 #1620

MARINER:    Dan Whitley as of 9-20 #1477
MAJESTY:   Tanya Yates Tongue #1676
NAVIGATOR:   Hugo Arenas returned 10-18 #1621
OASIS:           Michele Scarpato #1654 should be aboard 12-21-19 #1659 Please confirm.
OVATION:     Joff Eaton as of 12-4-19 #1675
QUANTUM:  Ken Jones  #1535
RADIANCE:   Mark Rous  #1430
RHAPSODY:  David Bradshaw #1666
SERENADE:  Katy McCullagh from UK #1652, filling in.  Will be gone by 1-31-20 #1656, then Chris Brown #1651
SPECTRUM: Fang Lixin through December #1394 Any update?

SYMPHONY:  Mike Szwajkowski as of 11-2-19 #1602

VISION       Steve Davis  for transatlantic crossing, will be on for 8 months #1518 then John Blair #1678
VOYAGER:  Michelle Oliveria #1565

12 hours ago, Ivana Cruise said:

0DE19F7D-FC60-4357-AE51-0B585100EAE1.png

she's clearly filling in for two months. I think I've had her before as the name sounds familiar, but her reviews seem a little mixed? Can anyone that's had her in the past care to give some insight on how she is? I'll be sailing on the Anthem on 1/27/2020.

Edited by toad455

1 hour ago, Aza1972 said:

Cruising Susan is currently on Radiance. By all accounts the reviews on her are not great.

Has anyone had her as CD before ?

I am.boarding Radiance 30 Jan and I am little worried.

According to the list above it is supposed to be Mark Rous, or is that incorrect??

Edited by KazAllen
forgot name

51 minutes ago, ante2001 said:

How do you rate Mercedes Lafuente as a cruise director? I have never heard of her before.....

11 minutes ago, ante2001 said:

Anyone ever had her or is she new?

Mercedes is not new, she's been around at least for several years.  Very nice lady, personable, visible around the ship, easy to talk with.

20 minutes ago, WaveSplasher said:

Currently On Quantum, CD is Gordon Whatman

Any idea how long Gordon is staying?  We board on 15/02, we had Gordon years ago on a Liberty TA and loved him, didn't know he was still around.

14 hours ago, kernow said:

Any idea how long Gordon is staying?  We board on 15/02, we had Gordon years ago on a Liberty TA and loved him, didn't know he was still around.

Hi, I’m on that cruise too and just checked with Gordon. He will be staying on for 7 weeks and he will be leaving the ship in Hong Kong once the cruise is over. 

4 hours ago, WaveSplasher said:

Hi, I’m on that cruise too and just checked with Gordon. He will be staying on for 7 weeks and he will be leaving the ship in Hong Kong once the cruise is over. 

Brilliant thanks, look forward to seeing him.

On 1/6/2020 at 4:50 PM, BillHana said:

I would give Crusin Susan a thumbs down. We had her on radiance earlier this year and were not impressed.

On 1/6/2020 at 8:17 PM, Aza1972 said:

Friends on Radiance at the moment and definitely Cruisin Susan

Susan is a top 5 CD in our opinion. There are many who don't care for female CD's.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Beachammo said:

Susan is a top 5 CD in our opinion. There are many who don't care for female CD's.

I don't think that people's opinions are anything to do with gender. For example, Clo O'Connor seems to always get good reviews. Also many female Activities Managers that are well-liked.

I've never had a female CD but have seen some good female AM's.

On 1/6/2020 at 4:56 AM, Aza1972 said:

Cruising Susan is currently on Radiance. By all accounts the reviews on her are not great.

Has anyone had her as CD before ?

I am.boarding Radiance 30 Jan and I am little worried.

I had the misfortune to sail with her on a Radiance 11-night Hawaii cruise this past May.  She was just back from vacation and due to immigration restrictions, she was not allowed off the ship in port (first cruise back from vacation, this restriction applies to non-US crew members in many, if not all, US ports).  On her morning show, she let everyone know how unhappy she was, repeatedly.  It was annoying and gave me an unpleasant impression of her.

Fortunately, she was not onboard when I sailed Radiance again in September.