Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

On 3/1/2022 at 10:09 AM, caradara said:

We took this cruise several years ago and I'm happy that they are still in business.  It was different as we were the only Americans onboard and very few people spoke English.  We do not speak anything but...  We had a wonderful time and saw and did a lot.  They accomodated us by separate English explanations, etc.  Have fun.

At this time 100% of guests are from Brazil. Some pictures.

20220301_100138.jpg

20220301_100317.jpg

20220302_101301.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/28/2022 at 11:19 PM, Lirio said:

Today we boarded for a 4-night cruise on Rio Negro (Black River) at Iberastar Gran Amazon. I will make a review on Other Cruise Line board.

Passing under Rio Negro bridge.bridge.thumb.gif.a79d3b8077b7806678af94779321c4cf.gif

Passing under the bridge again....

20220303_175516[1].jpg

• Like 4

Not always Chas.   Thank Goodness!  This morning was the dreaded clean the oven day.   I sprayed the crap out of it last night and needed to wipe it down this morning.   I just wanted to get it over with.  I don't make a very good "Susie Homemaker ".  😅

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, QueSeraSera said:

Yes, me too.  Brought me to tears.  I can't shake the idea that there has got to be more that we can do

I have cried multiple times as well. Did you see the stories about the children...they are terminally ill and the strength of their mothers to get to safety. Unbelievable.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, TrulyBlonde said:

My exhusband was born in the Ukraine and sent me the history of their flag. I found it quite interesting.

https://news.yahoo.com/brief-history-ukrainian-flag-124730380.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=ma

Thank you so much for sharing this. Being from Polish heritage I understand the sadness coming from a country who has had way too many invaders especially in the last 100 years. 

10 hours ago, QueSeraSera said:

Yes, me too.  Brought me to tears.  I can't shake the idea that there has got to be more that we can do

10 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have cried multiple times as well. Did you see the stories about the children...they are terminally ill and the strength of their mothers to get to safety. Unbelievable.

I have also been in tears it is way too sad and frustrating.

• Like 3

I wasn't sure whether to post this as it feels a bit needy, especially with all that is happening in Ukraine. But I am feeling sad and this feels a safe space. 

My MIL went into aged care last December but had lived by herself with a little bit of assistance for the last year. She is due to turn 93yo next Wednesday. She was tired but okay till this morning when we got notified she had deteriorated significantly and is dying with little chance. You think you are ready and I know this is what she wants but it is still so sad. She became my dearest mother when my parents passed a few years ago. 

At times we may disagree with our family but times like this it makes me love them more. Sending my love to all families wherever they are. 

• Like 9

34 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I wasn't sure whether to post this as it feels a bit needy, especially with all that is happening in Ukraine. But I am feeling sad and this feels a safe space. 

My MIL went into aged care last December but had lived by herself with a little bit of assistance for the last year. She is due to turn 93yo next Wednesday. She was tired but okay till this morning when we got notified she had deteriorated significantly and is dying with little chance. You think you are ready and I know this is what she wants but it is still so sad. She became my dearest mother when my parents passed a few years ago. 

At times we may disagree with our family but times like this it makes me love them more. Sending my love to all families wherever they are. 

Thoughts are with you!  We are never really ready!  Even though we all know everyone's time is limited we are still taken by surprise whenever the unavoidable happens!  Hope you can find some peace and maybe a smidgen of unexpected joy! 🥰

• Like 1

I'm struggling a bit - I haven't mentioned this on the cooler before but lost my DH on 28th December.  He was 94,  but had not been ill until near the end.  It is silly human nature to think people are going to last ever; we know they don't.  I seemed to cope very well at first, with praise from the family for being so 'brave', but there is a lot to do at first.  Just the last few weeks, with seeing the family less, it has really come home to me.  My children are massively supportive, but live 3 hours away, in different directions.

Seeing and chatting to friends, and even reading all your news and enjoying the funnies, helps a lot, but as for everyone who struggles to sleep it all feels a bit hopeless at 2 in the morning - though a lot better by breakfast time.

My lovely neighbour has just phoned, and is coming round, so I am off to put the kettle on (or maybe get the sherry out).  There, better already.

Lola

• Like 11

22 minutes ago, lincslady said:

I'm struggling a bit - I haven't mentioned this on the cooler before but lost my DH on 28th December.  He was 94,  but had not been ill until near the end.  It is silly human nature to think people are going to last ever; we know they don't.  I seemed to cope very well at first, with praise from the family for being so 'brave', but there is a lot to do at first.  Just the last few weeks, with seeing the family less, it has really come home to me.  My children are massively supportive, but live 3 hours away, in different directions.

Seeing and chatting to friends, and even reading all your news and enjoying the funnies, helps a lot, but as for everyone who struggles to sleep it all feels a bit hopeless at 2 in the morning - though a lot better by breakfast time.

My lovely neighbour has just phoned, and is coming round, so I am off to put the kettle on (or maybe get the sherry out).  There, better already.

Lola

So very sorry to hear that you have lost your love Lola!  As you said there is always a struggle and challenges once the necessities of dealing with the practicalities are over.  You have been missed here in the Cooler Bar.   We did keep your seat dusted though!  Wishing you peace and comfort as you forge your way into a new phase of life! 🥰

• Like 1

Lola, sending lots of ((((((((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))........virtually is the best I can do................my heartfelt condolences go out to you.