Diamond, asking for his free drinks in a bar

mcatmcat

I have found that they are extremely strict about the timing of happy hour. They had to clock the drinks into the register and that is timed. Order before or after designated time and you will be charged.

Of course they provide mixers to go with the drinks! Just no frozen drinks at all.

This has been my experience as well. I once had a bartender tell me I had to wait 2 minutes before I could use my voucher.

Can someone tell me if u can get vodka mixed drink (Bloody Mary, etc). Also, r they strict in adhering to 5:30-8:30. Can I get a drink in either the MDR or specialty restaurants?

Is the lounge open during the day for cappuccino, etc

Thx in advance

Roz

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Yes, the lounge is open during the day but not staffed. Assuming the machine is working, you can make yourself a coffee drink anytime.

Can someone tell me if u can get vodka mixed drink (Bloody Mary, etc). Also, r they strict in adhering to 5:30-8:30. Can I get a drink in either the MDR or specialty restaurants?

Is the lounge open during the day for cappuccino, etc

Thx in advance

Roz

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Don't know about the drinks, but yes strict adherence to the times as the bartender needs to swipe your sea pass at the register. On Oasis class, the happy hour drinks allowed in the MDR, SR and other venues. Asked on recent Anthem and the our Headwaiter said no, He also was not aware that Oasis class allowed it.

I always hand a couple of dollars to the waiter and to date never had any problems.

Maybe they by-pass swiping your sea pass. A few times at theatre missed by a few minutes and got an apology and an explanation that it is time clocked.

Maybe they by-pass swiping your sea pass. A few times at theatre missed by a few minutes and got an apology and an explanation that it is time clocked.

That makes sense. I figured it was time clocked and they don't want to get in trouble.

That makes sense. I figured it was time clocked and they don't want to get in trouble.

Plus, it's the only proof if you get charged for the

drink(s). Happened to us in the theatre on our recent Anthem's cruise. Had to go to GS for the credit.

Plus, it's the only proof if you get charged for the

drink(s). Happened to us in the theatre on our recent Anthem's cruise. Had to go to GS for the credit.

When I hand dollars with my card I rarely get asked to sign for the free cocktail hour drinks.

Do you mean that they don't count them? Or you just don't sign?

No receipt is given. If you ever get one to sign, question it as it may be a misunderstanding as it happened to us in the theatre as the waiter applied the BOGO coupon rather than the happy hour.

• 2 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 5:44 PM, mcatmcat said:

Hi everyone. [emoji3]

Assuming I am between the hours where they allow me to have 3 drinks at any bar do I have to tell the bartender that I’m diamond and also can I ask for the 3 drinks at once? Also, can I share those drinks or is not allowed.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

sounds funny, you can ask for the free drinks at once but they may frown upon you lol

I also would like to know if you get regular vodka mixed drinks gin and tonic seabreeze= vodka and cranberry ,rum and coke the regular cocktails are they included or is it just straight vodka gin and whiskey?? I am appreciative of the free drinks but don't like them straight. I am so excited about this perk. Also is it 3 vouchers a day . That's what my sister said she is diamond but hasn't cruised this year. If that's the case it is a wonderful perk and i will always consider rccl first.This will be our first cruise on the serenade in a few weeks and we will be diamond on this cruise so excited.

38 minutes ago, the mistral wind said:

I also would like to know if you get regular vodka mixed drinks gin and tonic seabreeze= vodka and cranberry ,rum and coke the regular cocktails are they included or is it just straight vodka gin and whiskey?? I am appreciative of the free drinks but don't like them straight. I am so excited about this perk. Also is it 3 vouchers a day . That's what my sister said she is diamond but hasn't cruised this year. If that's the case it is a wonderful perk and i will always consider rccl first.This will be our first cruise on the serenade in a few weeks and we will be diamond on this cruise so excited.

I was on Allure 2 weeks ago and ordered Cosmo's at one of the bars and wasn't charged for them.  We also used our vouchers in the MDR for wine.  

1 hour ago, the mistral wind said:

Yes, of course you can get mixed drinks. If you get a drink at the bar, they are fully stocked with mixers. If you get a drink in the Diamond Lounge, they are limited, but will have your usual mixers, like sodas, tonic, and some juices. And yes, it is 3 vouchers a day. 

On 9/7/2018 at 5:36 AM, grapau27 said:

Our cabins have always been properly hoovered especially under the bed with lady cabin stewards and generally are cleaner.

With male CS this is rarely done and only the basics are done.

Our experience recently is the opposite!

3 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

I'm pleased that was the case for you recently.

We have done 48 cruises and always found our cabins hoovered more thoroughly by lady cabin stewards.

Wish my memory was as good as yours that I could state with such absolute certainty over presumably a fairly long period of time (48 cruise) whether the men or women did a better job cleaning my cabin.

Me, I can barely remember if it was a male or female cabin steward on our last cruise let alone a couple of cruises ago.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Wish my memory was as good as yours that I could state with such absolute certainty over presumably a fairly long period of time (48 cruise) whether the men or women did a better job cleaning my cabin.

Me, I can barely remember if it was a male or female cabin steward on our last cruise let alone a couple of cruises ago.

We have had only 4 women cabin stewards in 48 cruises and each 1 have thoroughly hoovered our cabins moving furniture in the process including the bed.

My understanding is that the 3 drinks is a gift to the person that earned those gifts.  The drinks were a solution to the overcrowding, and the fact that some people were with people who did not earn that gift yet, so they can now socialize in other clubs, and still get the gift.  So what happens when you abuse a gift?  Well, it gets removed.  My suggestion is this.  Don't talk about how you "break" the rules of the gift.  Don't talk about the employees who you bribed.  Don't talk about sharing.  Just take the gift, and be quite about it.  Eventually, the gift will be removed, if it is abused.

• Like 2