Straws

cincicruisers

Here is a comment about the Bliss from an entire thread about the elimination of straws on the NCL board.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=56986222

"We were just on the Bliss and they still had straws for milkshakes at Coco's. But we survived the remainder of the cruise straw free. Even with frozen cocktails."

Still a lot of speculations about the straws. I went ahead and ordered some paper straws. My hubby says I am nuts but I can't imagine having a mudslide without a straw.;p

:eek: The mudslide would be coming out of your nose if you tried to drink it without a straw! ;p

I'm not a fan of paper straws....just ordered a pack of stainless steel straws and silicone straws...4 stainless (with removable silicone tips so it doesn't get too cold) and 4 larger silicone straws for smoothies and frozen drinks. Comes with a brush to clean the insides and a carrying case. Less than $10 on Amazon. Toss them in my backpack and I'm good to go.

I'm not a fan of paper straws....just ordered a pack of stainless steel straws and silicone straws...4 stainless (with removable silicone tips so it doesn't get too cold) and 4 larger silicone straws for smoothies and frozen drinks. Comes with a brush to clean the insides and a carrying case. Less than $10 on Amazon. Toss them in my backpack and I'm good to go.

Great suggestion ... Thank You! (y)

Seriously, do ships that no longer have plastic straws have paper straws? :confused:

Seriously, are straws THAT important. Sure, I can see that some frozen drinks might be a bit easier to drink through a straw than by sipping — but can it ever be so much better that it would be worth getting metal straws, cleaning brushes, etc. and spending cruise (or any other) time cleaning them?

But can you attach them to your lanyard? I would need my personal straw right next to my seapass card.