Can someone explain this new Sticky to me please?

VennDiagram

What I don't like -- the new feature "like". Had this on another forum I used to post on. It was a contest between seeing how many people got a lot of "Likes". Example, some people would hit the "Like" button for a person who just said "good morning". UGH!!

LIKE :cool:

Just guessing, but the announcement is probably talking about putting the boards into read-only mode until the migration is complete.

I don't think there's any need to guess. That's what it says. :)

Our existing forums will become read-only on Tuesday, October 9th at 7:30am ET. We're hoping to re-open for new posts shortly thereafter, with minimal downtime to our members of only a few days.

They said after the last upgrade that the "like" feature was one of the most requested and it would be rolling out in a future update. I guess this is that update. I think it's better than people filling up the board with posts that do the same thing.

Thanks for pointing this out, Venn, because I too would have missed it. I am hoping it fixes the issues I have with posting pictures. I was able to overcome this on my LIVE thread by using Tapatalk. But I was only ever able to post one pic at a time using that app, with a wait of 60 seconds between pics, so it got a little tiresome.

There will probably be some bugs to work through in the beginning but I am hopeful it will be worth it in the end.

If it makes you feel any better Miss G, I had the same problem on my live thread and I was operating "by the minute". Others are still able to do up to 5 pics. I have no idea why or how.

I very much enjoyed you LIVE thread and thank you for the patience to wait and continue to post pics :D

I just read the "sticky" today and I am hopeful when they said they wanted to do it right!

The last time--don't ask me when because it was some time ago--when they improved the web site, I had to re-register as if I was a new member, although I did not have to change my screen name or password. But, I did loose my posting count of the low 3 digits; the exact number I don't recall and is unimportant.

I am hopeful that this roll-out will be more user friendly than what some of the cruise lines have attempted to do.

They said after the last upgrade that the "like" feature was one of the most requested and it would be rolling out in a future update. I guess this is that update. I think it's better than people filling up the board with posts that do the same thing.

But will it stop those who don't read previous comments, and just jump in and say the exact same thing that has been posted several times already? I doubt it. ;p

LIKE :cool:

So......................you like the soon to be introduced "like" feature or don't you don't like the soon to be new "like" feature..............that's the question. Btw, sure glad they are leaving the infamous "post count" alone ;p

Can someone please explain to this technology challenged person how I will access CC from my iPhone if there is no longer an app for it, or do I misunderstand what this says[emoji33]

I’ve never used tapatalk.

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm assuming that you would use Safari or whatever other web browser you use on you iPhone, but that's just a guess.

Does this mean the various boards, as they exist now, will no longer exist? Or what does it mean? Can someone please explain this to me?

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/announcement.php?f=171&a=518

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mysteriously my total post count has dropped.

Has anyone else noticed that their post count has dropped?

It means, beginning on Oct 10th you can only come to Cruise Critic and read the various forums. You cannot post on them.

As the new software is installed, various forums will again be accessible for posting on. The time line for all of Cruise Critic to again be functional (well, at least able to be posted on) is unclear.

Actually, the thread title has an error in it -- it says read only starts "Tuesday, Oct. 10th." Of course, Tuesday is October 9th, which begs the question: does read only start on Tuesday the 9th, or Wednesday the 10th? Since the more detailed body of the thread says read only starts at 7:30am ET on Tuesday, Oct. 9th, I think it's safe to say that's what was meant. We go read only on Tuesday the 9th at 7:30am ET until they are finished with the transition.

(It has been a long lament of mine that proof-reading, especially when it comes to important documents, seems to be a thing of the past.)

Actually, the thread title has an error in it -- it says read only starts "Tuesday, Oct. 10th." Of course, Tuesday is October 9th, which begs the question: does read only start on Tuesday the 9th, or Wednesday the 10th?

I'd been waiting to see if anyone else caught the fact that TUESDAY was the 9th and not the 10th. :eek: Since that posting was probably authored by the "tech" department and not Laura herself it does little to calm my fears that this new rollout will go as poorly as their last one did. We, the CC users, will again become the unpaid (and greatly frustrated) QA/Test Team.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Mysteriously my total post count has dropped.

Has anyone else noticed that their post count has dropped?

It really doesn't mean anything to me, but yes, I have noticed several times in the last few weeks that my total post count went down quite a bit over night.

It really doesn't mean anything to me, but yes, I have noticed several times in the last few weeks that my total post count went down quite a bit over night.

I just looked at mine. Not sure what it was exactly but I know over 2,000 and now it's 1300+. Weird.

It's all your objectionable posts that the moderators have finally decided to delete! ;p

Venn Diagram, count me as another grateful member who also never reads the stickies, and who would never have learned about the CC reboot without you bringing it to our attention. I guess I should start reading the stickies, LOL. I hope I can remember my password when it's time to sign in again:o