Change the Subject

Ginnyd

I read  that someone was complaining that there were no robes supplied on Princess.  Somewhere in the registration process I accidentally came upon a section where you can request a robe in your cabin.  Check it out!

23 minutes ago, Ginnyd said:

I read  that someone was complaining that there were no robes supplied on Princess.  Somewhere in the registration process I accidentally came upon a section where you can request a robe in your cabin.  Check it out!

Hi Ginny,

You posted this in the Princess Roll call section/board.

It should be on the regular Princess board which can be found here.....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/119-princess-cruises/

Yes you can put in a standing request in your online profile for a robe in your cabin which will carry over to any cruise booking you make.

Interesting.  We have never requested a robe and have always received them.  We’re not much for hanging around our cabin so we don’t feel the need for them.  Even when we hang out on the balcony we don’t use the robes.  Needless to say we would never take up luggage space by bringing a robe.  At home we have robes that we received on the Princess Ultimate Ship’s Tour and two DCL robes that our children gave us as a gift.  We still seem to prefer our own regular robes.

Different strokes I guess.

36 minutes ago, terrysko2000 said:

If you order room service......you better have one. More than once they have woke me up and I have grabbed it in a hurry. Poor room service. Probably scared them

As  I have suggested in the past, first time room service shows up without calling first, don’t grab the robe.  Next time you order room service, they will call first. 

42 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

In a booked cruise,  guest check-in, onboard preferences. 

Interesting, in that section I only have dining preferences, bed preference and document language. I wonder if it is different for non USA guests.

On 10/23/2018 at 4:35 PM, centralcalicruzer said:

I have had the standing request for a robe in my personalizer for years. If there's not one in the cabin upon embarkation, I mention it to the steward. Usually they tell me they are being laundered and will be in the cabin as soon as possible. I've never not gotten one.

This is my experience, too.

On 10/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, terrysko2000 said:

If you order room service......you better have one. More than once they have woke me up and I have grabbed it in a hurry. Poor room service. Probably scared them

so does their card key override the interior lock? if so then whats the point of me turning the lock

On 10/25/2018 at 9:26 PM, lorri111 said:

Interesting, in that section I only have dining preferences, bed preference and document language. I wonder if it is different for non USA guests.

This is what shows on our booking. We are in Canada.

Untitled.thumb.png.f41ffa2418fd017399513a7b22164e41.png

6 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

so does their card key override the interior lock? if so then whats the point of me turning the lock

No - the interior lock is like a dead bolt. They can’t get in until you let them. They just woke me up when I overslept a few times. Bed head and shortly nitie! Love my robe 

On 10/25/2018 at 8:09 PM, terrysko2000 said:

This is why I make my wife answer the door if she wants morning room service. The sheer trauma of me answering the door in some baggy boxers would likely scar the poor person for life. (I know it's not a pretty sight in the mirror...)

2 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Ours is exactly the same here in Australia, except that box on robe is missing. Weird eh?

Actually not so weird.  Princess' Oz cruises are run out of Chatswood NSW, not Santa Clarita, Calif.

(That's why OBC down under is issued in $AU, not $US, and the onboard currency is $AU)

FWIW, last time I cruised down under, Princess had robes if you asked the cabin steward.