Upsell Offer

chiokie

4 minutes ago, chiokie said:

We are on the Royale Princess leaving Ft Lauderdale on January 12, 2019 in a Mini-suite guarantee. The offer is $459/person for a s3 - s5 suite. Is this a good offer.

I accepted that same offer on the sailing a week earlier.   It's still a better deal that paying full price, but its on the upper side of what I would like to pay for it.    But, the Sabatini's breakfast and the Club Class dining are nice perks.

7 minutes ago, chiokie said:

We are on the Royale Princess leaving Ft Lauderdale on January 12, 2019 in a Mini-suite guarantee. The offer is $459/person for a s3 - s5 suite. Is this a good offer.

Just a  comment: When asking a question of this sort it's usually important to let people know the length of the cruise. The value of an upsell price is very dependent on the length of the cruise. What might be a great upsell price for a 10 day or 30 day cruise might be a terrible price for a 4 day or 7 day cruise.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Just a  comment: When asking a question of this sort it's usually important to let people know the length of the cruise. The value of an upsell price is very dependent on the length of the cruise. What might be a great upsell price for a 10 day or 30 day cruise might be a terrible price for a 4 day or 7 day cruise.

It is a seven day cruise.

That comes to $65 per day per person - seems a little high in my estimation - I have taken upsells from mini's to full suites in each of the last 3 years and have never paid that much per person per day

• Like 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

That comes to $65 per day per person - seems a little high in my estimation - I have taken upsells from mini's to full suites in each of the last 3 years and have never paid that much per person per day

You've been fortunate.  Every upsell I've gotten from mini to full suite on the Regal has been in the $459 range. 

Mine have been on longer cruises 15 - 20 days on the Coral (Panama), Pacific (TransAtlantic), Crown (20 day Eastern/Southern) and have generally been $50/day or less.  I refuse to pay full price for a suite but love the suites and gamble that the upsell will come - if not I am happy in a mini.

I really like the smaller ships and have not sailed on the Regal or Royal

Seems like a good deal to me.  Good enough that I accepted the same deal on our December cruise on the Royal!  That is far under the price differential between mini suite and suite that you'd see if you were pricing a cruise.  So yes, good deal, but if you're interested, call immediately and leave a message to call you about the offer.  These offers are made to several people and they call back in order of the calls received.

I turned down a similar offer.  The Move-Up price was OK but adding approx. $900 to the price of a seven day cruise seemed a bit much, especially as a percentage of the total price.  

We have toured the suites on turn-around day when doing back-to-back, and my wife decided that the booking price differential is not worth it (we were not considering a Move-Up Offer) .  I am afraid that if we actually accepted a Move-Up Offer and spent a cruise in a suite, my wife might start to insist on suites in the future.  So no matter how great the price on a Move-Up Offer, I'd be reluctant to take it!!  At least, so long as my wife didn't know about it!!!  (She doesn't read this forum!!)

I think the daily price is a good deal.  $65 a day pp for Club Class Dining, Speciality restaurant breakfast, one crown dinner, a mini bar set up, an outstanding bathroom and a bigger cabin and balcony looks like a bargain to me.  

4 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

Seems like a good deal to me.  Good enough that I accepted the same deal on our December cruise on the Royal!  That is far under the price differential between mini suite and suite that you'd see if you were pricing a cruise.  So yes, good deal, but if you're interested, call immediately and leave a message to call you about the offer.  These offers are made to several people and they call back in order of the calls received.

Congratulations on your upsell for the Royal!  

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, big aft said:

I was offered a Window Suite for $329 per person from an OIVfor 10 days on the Caribbean Princess and took it.

I got this same offer on my last sailing on the Caribbean Princess -- I also took it.  Love the location and size (and perks) of the window suites!!

When we took an upsell to a suite, it was $80 per person per day--but we were going from a balcony not a mini. It was worth it to me for a few reasons: we hadn't paid much for the balcony cabin to start with and it was a cruise that included my birthday. I figured it was our only opportunity to sail in a suite. It worked out to be less per day than the cost of some of our inside cabins on other cruises.

Edited by geoherb

I think it’s definitely an individual choice - lol. As you read in the answers here, price and value is subjective.  Did you get excited about it? Will it break your budget? Sometimes it’s just a matter of “hey - let’s do it just to say we did”

My hubby and I recently had an opportunity to go to a fancy airport lounge at the beginning of an overseas trip.  We thought “hey why not?!” It’s rare that the 2 of us travel alone so that made it fun and special.  Not necessarily a great deal... but a good experience 

• Like 1

Another thing to consider, if you are trying to get to Elite, is that you will get two cruise credits for sailing in a suite, as long as it is a paid upsell and not a free upgrade.  That adds to the upsell's "value" for some of us.

13 hours ago, jagoffee said:

I think the daily price is a good deal.  $65 a day pp for Club Class Dining, Specialty restaurant breakfast, one crown dinner, a mini bar set up, an outstanding bathroom and a bigger cabin and balcony looks like a bargain to me.  

Absolutely agree with you, as we took the upgrade from a mini without club class dining.  I have paid the same for a balcony stateroom on other cruises of seven  days.   Lots of additional perks and a balcony you cannot beat.  The only way to celebrate my 70th  birthday. 

Edited by hbrote

21 hours ago, chiokie said:

How do you receive these offers?   Is it by email or a call?

thanks!