Millennium Revolution -

Jim_Iain

Well, when something new is intruduced some people tend to be negative as a rule- so it seems. I like most of what I saw- not all- of course- but I like the idea in general that X is keeping their Millenium Class ships up to snuff!

The new aft deck bar- one my favorite´s looks nice- and fresh- I loved the old teak chairs and tables- so very " ocean liner like" !

The cabins and bathrooms are stunning- and were in dire need of an update- what an incredible job to redo all those cabins and bathrooms! No more shower curtains- oh i know how  we all will  miss them- so nice when they attachted themselfes around ones behin...!

I can´t wait to see what they have done to Al Baccio, Martini Bar ...

• Like 5

34 minutes ago, WonderMan3 said:

Co Bigelow products are only in suites. Not sure if there is a change in product for standard verandah cabins. Maybe someone who was in a verandah on Edge can advise if the products were different from verandahs on S or M class.

The toiletries on The Edge IV room are from Lather. 

1 hour ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

And now we have seen the photos on the Royal Suite about 5 times now!

I'm really surprised at all the negativity on this board 👎

OMG this company is doing SO MUCH for everyone and all they can do is COMPLAIN!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

We had Bigeliw in our Edge concierge IV - maybe it has since changed...

499F70E0-5164-443F-AE10-91BA7A095EA5.jpeg

I think this shows there are different toiletries for the higher class rooms. 

Fun Fact: I was a bank branch manager in Manhattan many, many years ago and the original Bigelow Pharmacy was my customer! 

• Like 1

Wow, I am amazed to see how much time people invest in worrying about the brand of a ship’s toiletries... even more so in the context of a fabulously remodelled cruise ship taking you out to see the world...

Note to self: if toiletries ever become an issue over all the joy of cruising, stop cruising!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Miaminice said:

😂 Lather is just the purpose of the soap written on the package.

Soap says „lather“, another product „refresh“...

Not in this case. Lather is an actual toiletries company. 

https://www.lather.com

http://www.latherhotel.com

Edit:

Here's a review of the preview cruises that's confirms what I said. It's a brand that's used in many higher end hotels:

https://www.johnnyjet.com/first-look-celebrity-edge-cruise-ship/

Edited by kwokpot

1 hour ago, Miaminice said:

Note to self: if toiletries ever become an issue over all the joy of cruising, stop cruising!

The greatest joy in returning home from cruising is the realization that toilet paper does not have to be made of thin sandpaper.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

I'm still holding out hope that someone will post photos.  Celebrity SHOULD post floorplans for us to view.... 

I just picked up a copy at future sales on reflection.

I will attempt to scan them.

The new OV poertside cabins in the former Wine Cellar appear to be much smaller, perhaps by the width of the new hallway..

• Like 1

We are currently looking to book a cruise on millennium for 2020 and I am amazed that there are absolutely no pictures or video  on the Celebrity UK website about the new look, nor any changed deck plans. 

I have tried looking at the area about the "Revolution" but all the links just revert back to the home page. 

Edited by jo-b

23 minutes ago, citruscruiser said:

Wonderman3: Regarding the bath products, the Edge IV's product are also in the large bottles and a different company than Bigelow. No more little tubes of products. This was explained as "cutting back on the use of plastics".

Exactly. The different company is called LATHER. 

56 minutes ago, jo-b said:

We are currently looking to book a cruise on millennium for 2020 and I am amazed that there are absolutely no pictures or video  on the Celebrity UK website about the new look, nor any changed deck plans. 

I have tried looking at the area about the "Revolution" but all the links just revert back to the home page. 

The deck plans are here

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Deck_Plans_Staterooms/Millennium-Deck-plans.pdf

10 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

Well, I'm not impressed with what I've seen of the Royal suites; so I'm preparing to be disappointed when I finally see photos of the Penthouse.  I may be releasing the FOUR I currently have deposits on.

I'm still holding out hope that someone will post photos.  Celebrity SHOULD post floorplans for us to view.... 

How awful for you.  I'm sure the butlers will be disappointed. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Olive1950 said:

Well, I'm not impressed with what I've seen of the Royal suites; so I'm preparing to be disappointed when I finally see photos of the Penthouse.  I may be releasing the FOUR I currently have deposits on.

X has had a couple of pictures of the Penthouse online for months now. If you don’t like the look of the Royal Suite, you probably won’t like the PH either. The layouts haven’t been changed, just the decor as has been mentioned.

https://webapps.celebritycruises.com/revolution/accommodations/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, citruscruiser said:

Wonderman3: Regarding the bath products, the Edge IV's product are also in the large bottles and a different company than Bigelow. No more little tubes of products. This was explained as "cutting back on the use of plastics".

Out of curiosity, can you bring the big bottles home, or are they 'secured', and are simply refilled after each guest? I like taking the toiletries home (assuming their good)... they remind me of being on the ship when I use them in the morning.

28 minutes ago, gg88 said:

Out of curiosity, can you bring the big bottles home, or are they 'secured', and are simply refilled after each guest? I like taking the toiletries home (assuming their good)... they remind me of being on the ship when I use them in the morning.

Sorry they're NOT meant to be taken home;however, you can always ask for extra bar soap and take that home!

Edit: I'm one of those hotel toiletries hoarders too, and I'm not ashamed to admit it!

IMG_20190211_100306170.jpg

Edited by kwokpot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3