quick UBP question

Pwrmaster7

Hi all! If I were to buy drinks at say happy hour would I still have access to 15 included drinks with the UBP? At sea days I could see myself easily reaching the 15 (depending on the strength of their pours. all inclusives are my previous experience and those go down almost too easily). Not saying this will be needed but would like to know just in case. Also any  tips for a newbie in regards to the UBP (or anything else for that matter)? Cannot wait april 13th on the epic. Thanks all!

5 minutes ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

There isn't? I am so confused lol! I have read so much info maybe I misunderstood. Appreciate the response!

Maybe this will help!  Here are the Terms and Conditions for you to read (re-read):  

Ultimate Beverage Package (Unlimited Open Bar)
Ultimate Beverage Package is applicable to all qualified sailings excluding Pride of America and 3-6 night Sun & Sky sailings.
Applicable to guests 1-2 on the reservation. 
Guest must be at least 21 years of age at time of sailing to qualify for the Ultimate Beverage Package. Guests under 21 will receive the soda package. 
Eligible guests are entitled to two beverages per person per transaction. 
Includes a variety of spirits and cocktails, wines by the glass and bottled or draft beer up to $15 USD retail price. Includes fountain soda, juice, and non-alcoholic beer. 
A 20% discount will be given on bottles of wine (champagne and sparkling included), Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights purchased on board.
Offer is not applicable at Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
Does not include: Wine and Spirit Experiences, tastings or Flights, Starbucks, Ice Bars, room service, package sales, bottled water, ship specific promotions or beer buckets, designated super premium brands (subject to change), bottled wine, mini bar purchases, fresh squeezed juices, Lavazza coffee beverages, wine dispenser, energy drinks or vending machines.
Guest who receive the Soda Package may obtain fountain soda at any bar, lounge or restaurant throughout the duration of the cruise, excluding Harvest Caye bars, restaurants, or venues.
Guest's check may reflect applicable VAT and/or taxes for certain ports or itineraries.
Guest is responsible for 20% gratuities on the retail value of the Ultimate Beverage Package ($19.80 USD per person per day) and/or Soda Package ($1.59 USD per person per day) prior to cruise.
Retail value of Ultimate Beverage Package is $99.00 USD per person per day. Package price is subject to change.

I just thought I read somewhere that at 15 it was "their discretion" if you could have more and you would be billed at full price. I may have read something older or from another cruise line. Thanks all sorry for the dumb question lol

48 minutes ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

I just thought I read somewhere that at 15 it was "their discretion" if you could have more and you would be billed at full price. I may have read something older or from another cruise line. Thanks all sorry for the dumb question lol

Nope. You can drink as much as you want as often as you want when you want. Start with mimosa and bloody Mary’s and progress throughout the day. 

2 hours ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

Hi all! If I were to buy drinks at say happy hour would I still have access to 15 included drinks with the UBP? At sea days I could see myself easily reaching the 15 (depending on the strength of their pours. all inclusives are my previous experience and those go down almost too easily). Not saying this will be needed but would like to know just in case. Also any  tips for a newbie in regards to the UBP (or anything else for that matter)? Cannot wait april 13th on the epic. Thanks all!

I believe it is MSC that has the 15 drinks per day limit. You will be good to go on NCL.

12 hours ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

Princess has a 15 drink limit on their drink package. NCL has no limit for quantity, just the cost limit.

14 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

I believe it is MSC that has the 15 drinks per day limit. You will be good to go on NCL.

MSC  does not at a 15 day drink limit, at least not in the Med, haven't sailed them out of the US.

12 minutes ago, electro said:

MSC  does not at a 15 day drink limit, at least not in the Med, haven't sailed them out of the US.

I could well be wrong. I was researching a Caribbean MSC cruise and read some threads on them--someone was talking about the 15 limit. In any case, if I can't be fine with 15 drinks a day, I would worry myself, lol.

40 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

I could well be wrong. I was researching a Caribbean MSC cruise and read some threads on them--someone was talking about the 15 limit. In any case, if I can't be fine with 15 drinks a day, I would worry myself, lol.

I've only sailed MSC once and didn't have any type of numerical limit. While in the Yacht Club, my card/wristband wasn't even needed so there was no count at all. I could've had 50 drinks in one day and nobody would know/care.

18 hours ago, Pwrmaster7 said:

There is no 15 drink limit on NCL, it's literally drink till you drop I suppose.

You must've been reading on Carnival because they have the 15 drink limit with the Cheers drink package, and the computer system automatically cuts you off after 15.

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, pinklucky61 said:

I know I can order two drinks at a time (usually beer for me) any problem asking for bucket w/ice from bars?

If they have them available then it's not a problem to ask but they usually reserve the "buckets" for the "beer bucket special" which is not included in the PBP.

15 minutes ago, Roxybee12 said:

I was just on the epic.  I drank grey goose and soda the entire trip.  It was included in the package.  Charged extra for anything over 15.  Chocolate martini is a couple dollars extra.   

have a drink menu by chance? I am disappointed to hear that a martini isn't covered by the UBP.