Charge for second entree?

Just now, Biker19 said:

Scarlet Lady next year. 

Is the format on that ship that all restaurants are included with the cruise fare?  

What I envision coming is ships with two or three different buffets that will be included with your cruise fare, and a ton of specialty dining for additional charges.   No MDR means no MDR serving staff.  More space for rooms.  Less space needed for crew rooms also is more space for rooms or revenue generating venues.  Older (current) ships that have huge kitchen and MDR infrastructure currently may move to a "good, better, best" dining format.  Buffet included with cruise fare.  MDR "meal plans" at added cost.  Specialty packages at higher costs.   Single specialty at lunatic pricing, obviously.  

9 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

The lobster seems to get worse with every trip

Iamcruzin really said the above.

I don't even want the lobster anymore.  Who ever heard of putting a sauce on lobster??  Clarified butter is all the topping that goes on lobster.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

I don't even want the lobster anymore.  Who ever heard of putting a sauce on lobster??  Clarified butter is all the topping that goes on lobster.

No worries. I actually had a really good lobster on Adventure in January 

12 hours ago, CarpeCerevisi said:

If you believe it's about reducing waste as opposed to revenue I have a vast array of bridges over the East and Harlem Rivers I can sell you.

I don't believe it for a minute but that's how the cruise line will spin it.  I remember when department stores stopped giving out gift boxes. They claimed it was an effort to go green. Not far from the truth since the green is being added to the bottom line.

2 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

There must be some correlation between dining in MDR and not because they are very keen on collecting our cabin numbers when we dine there or CK

That is to verify and justify CK staffing.... not everything is about tips.... VERY hard to comprehend  - I know! 🙄😎

2 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

That is to verify and justify CK staffing.... not everything is about tips.... VERY hard to comprehend  - I know! 🙄😎

Umm, no it is not. They do the same in the MDR. 

Coastal Kitchen has had 7 waiters on every voyage we've sailed on.  They really don't need to justify staffing.

Why don't you just admit you have no idea what you are talking about most if not all the time.

FWIW, the choke poing in CK is the limited size of the galley.  Nothing they can do about that. I asked.

I used to find you amusing, now it's just boring.

• Like 2

Just now, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Same reason... they keep track where you eat... but not for tipping reasons!

Tips are divided by a whole lot of criteria but NOT whether you eat at one place or another! 🙄

And you know that from where?  

BTW, props for your assessment on build quality. The HD on Oasis agrees with you that Oasis and Allure are of a better build quality than their newer models.

41 minutes ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

It is not my goal to entertain you...! 🙄

So what actually is your goal... other than to post negative comments about Royal Caribbean at every opportunity?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If you stopped replying to him, he would move on. I only see his attempted humour when people quote him & that confirm my original 'ignore' action.

Never had need of a second entrée as you term it - 3 courses is an ample sufficiency.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

Is the format on that ship that all restaurants are included with the cruise fare?  

I know you're talking about Virgin, however try an Oceania cruise sometime.... 

Anyways, with regard to charges for extra MDR entrees, isn't it plainly obvious?.....

You'll purchase The Key "AMPED" for $24.99 per day pre-cruise, which includes as many entrees as you wish. :classic_dry:

5 hours ago, parrotfeathers said:

Clarified butter??? EEEEEW!! Proper mayonaise should be served with lobster. Not the American type. Home made: egg yolk, oil, salt, lemon, period!

4 hours ago, ditmar2007 said:

Clarified butter??? EEEEEW!! Proper mayonaise should be served with lobster. Not the American type. Home made: egg yolk, oil, salt, lemon, period!

You obviously do not live in New England.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, LMaxwell said:

What I envision coming is ships with two or three different buffets that will be included with your cruise fare, and a ton of specialty dining for additional charges.   No MDR means no MDR serving staff.  More space for rooms.  Less space needed for crew rooms also is more space for rooms or revenue generating venues.  Older (current) ships that have huge kitchen and MDR infrastructure currently may move to a "good, better, best" dining format.  Buffet included with cruise fare.  MDR "meal plans" at added cost.  Specialty packages at higher costs.   Single specialty at lunatic pricing, obviously.  

If they fill the former dining room with cabins, where are they going to put the two or three buffets and all of the specialty dining you mention? While they may get rid of the MDR, they will still need seating for several thousand passengers to eat. I don't think they'll be adding many new cabins.

27 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

You obviously do not live in New England.

While I'm not from New England, I absolutely agree that their way of serving lobster with just the clarified butter is FAR better than slobbering it with mayo !

• Like 4

4 hours ago, ditmar2007 said:

Butter, oil, mayonnaise.....All I know is that lately you need some sort of lube to get that rubber tail to slide down.

• Like 1