Equinox Revolution

toohoos

6 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The schedule is supposed to come out on 6/1/19 or the Equinox goes out of service then? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but on the Deck Plans drop-down, I'm seeing March 9, 2019 through April 21, 2020 and May 2, 2020 through April 11, 2021 which not only seems later than I thought the update was happening AND a week and a half seems like an awfully short time to do it.

Im on Equinox March 23-30, so it better not be in DryDock  lol

25 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

The schedule is supposed to come out on 6/1/19 or the Equinox goes out of service then? Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but on the Deck Plans drop-down, I'm seeing March 9, 2019 through April 21, 2020 and May 2, 2020 through April 11, 2021 which not only seems later than I thought the update was happening AND a week and a half seems like an awfully short time to do it.

I'm not sure why the deck plan dates are listed that way. The last cruise is April 24th which returns on May 4th. Then she goes out of service and returns on 6/1 based on the other schedules Celebrity has published. 

Edited by Jeremiah1212
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, gaunerdog said:

We were on the Summit on a cruise to Canada/New England last fall that had 2 revolutionized cabins- interior and balcony. We were in the interior cabin across the hall from the balcony. The lighting was different as well as the storage space. The colors were muted. I am not sure that I liked that in place of the previous wood grain. The closets were totally different with a lot of glass and sliding doors. The bathroom was completely remodeled and we liked this better.

DSCN0370.JPG

DSCN0371 (1).JPG

DSCN0372 (1).JPG

DSCN0388.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

DSCN0130 (1).JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

Thank you so much for posting these.  These match the original models which were pretty much ripped apart by those of us on Cruise Critic.  Why would anyone want glass fronted doors on either closets or cabinets.  We need to put our clothes in there, not our fine china.

So glad Celebrity read the writing on the wall.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Updated deck 7 plan is missing

The updated deck 7 plan can be found here: https://www.celebritycruises.com//cruisingpower/content/shared_assets/svg/svg_c_EQ_1963/IDP-DECK07.svg (compare to current deck plan: https://www.celebritycruises.com//cruisingpower/content/shared_assets/svg/svg_c_EQ_1659/IDP-DECK07.svg).

No changes to stateroom numbering/categories, but "Team Earth" has changed to "The Hub".

Edited by mikkelhansen

5 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

The updated deck 7 plan can be found here: https://www.celebritycruises.com//cruisingpower/content/shared_assets/svg/svg_c_EQ_1963/IDP-DECK07.svg (compare to current deck plan: https://www.celebritycruises.com//cruisingpower/content/shared_assets/svg/svg_c_EQ_1659/IDP-DECK07.svg).

No changes to stateroom numbering/categories, but "Team Earth" has changed to "The Hub".

I’m not sure what The Hub is but someone on another site mentioned it was likely the replacement for the iLounge. It’s listed on the updated Silhouette plans too. 

1 minute ago, cmstl97 said:

I’m not sure what The Hub is but someone on another site mentioned it was likely the replacement for the iLounge.

That is very possible, since the current iLounge on deck 6 will be replaced by four category 09 inside staterooms.

17 hours ago, gaunerdog said:

We were on the Summit on a cruise to Canada/New England last fall that had 2 revolutionized cabins- interior and balcony. We were in the interior cabin across the hall from the balcony. The lighting was different as well as the storage space. The colors were muted. I am not sure that I liked that in place of the previous wood grain. The closets were totally different with a lot of glass and sliding doors. The bathroom was completely remodeled and we liked this better.

DSCN0370.JPG

DSCN0371 (1).JPG

DSCN0372 (1).JPG

DSCN0388.JPG

IMG_0650.JPG

DSCN0130 (1).JPG

IMG_0704.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

Really nice inside cabin!  Seems like a lot of space and storage.  Like the décor.  We used to sail every august 10 or 12, but apparently that week seems to be used for charters, so not sure if/when we will sail on her again.  Liked sailing from NJ and that is our only summer week to sail.  Going on the Equinox this August.  However we will be sailing from Florida.  Ironically the cost of a SS is cheaper, but you have to purchase air to fort Lauderdale- so a wash.  We also really like the S class ships.

The décor reminds me of our Edge sky suite-

Edited by Cruise a holic

33 minutes ago, mdcelebrity said:

Anyone know what "Craft Social" is on Deck 4?  I also noticed this on the new Silhouette deck plan, replacing Cellar Masters.

No hints as of yet. Hopefully it has a bigger draw than Cellar Masters or the Gastrobar. Those areas have always seemed like a wasteland.

24 minutes ago, paulh84 said:

No hints as of yet. Hopefully it has a bigger draw than Cellar Masters or the Gastrobar. Those areas have always seemed like a wasteland.

Funny. I interpreted Craft Social to mean an area where folks met to knit, crochet, paint, and do a wide variety of other crafts and 

have classes by trained professions in crafting skills. It didn't even occur to me that it meant craft beers. It did seem odd to me that Celebrity would dedicate such a large area to handicrafts when they seem to be taking away popular areas such as the card room and the library.

Edited by Silvery Seas Cruiser

2 hours ago, mdcelebrity said:

Anyone know what "Craft Social" is on Deck 4?  I also noticed this on the new Silhouette deck plan, replacing Cellar Masters.

By the name, I would suspect a bar that specializes in craft beers. 

• Like 1

As noted previously, there is no Cellar Masters currently on EQ. That area is the Gastro Bar/Pub. I expect CardRock above is correct. Not much of a change. On another note, someone referred to the library going away. I thought I saw a plan that showed the library intact. Anyone?

3 minutes ago, 39august said:

As noted previously, there is no Cellar Masters currently on EQ. That area is the Gastro Bar/Pub. I expect CardRock above is correct. Not much of a change. On another note, someone referred to the library going away. I thought I saw a plan that showed the library intact. Anyone?

The Library is still listed on decks 10 and 11 as it is today. The Card Room area shows a change to 4 inside cabins.

We were on Equinox a few weeks ago. Gastropub was strange. The bar was lit extremely bright but the rest of the space was dark. Very rarely people in there and sometimes a random bartender would appear, other times it was empty. People would walk in, wander around for a minute, then leave. I think that space and the Cellar Masters version has a little bit of an identity crisis. 

4 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Really nice inside cabin!  Seems like a lot of space and storage.  Like the décor.  We used to sail every august 10 or 12, but apparently that week seems to be used for charters, so not sure if/when we will sail on her again.  Liked sailing from NJ and that is our only summer week to sail.  Going on the Equinox this August.  However we will be sailing from Florida.  Ironically the cost of a SS is cheaper, but you have to purchase air to fort Lauderdale- so a wash.  We also really like the S class ships.

The décor reminds me of our Edge sky suite-

Interesting! We sail on the Equinox on August 24th with air from ATL to FLL.

On 3/6/2019 at 8:02 AM, wrk2cruise said:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-equinox

Just scroll down to the deck plans then there is a selector on the right side to select the later deck plan.

When I click on the link, I still get the "old deck plans" they are not updated.  The ones I see do not include any changes to the Sky Lounge, or any other area. 

I will be on the Equinox June 29, shortly after they are Revolutionized.

Is there another link?

Edited by sleepless

On 3/7/2019 at 9:39 AM, BigAl94 said:

The glass cupboard doors are hideous, cheap and tacky looking.

We have just sailed on the Millennium, first cruise out of dry dock.  The cabins had these glass cupboard doors, and the safe was in one. Agree, why do they need glass doors?  Pointless.  Also the new wardrobe was not fit for purpose. It was not long enough to hang an evening dress without it ‘pooling’ on the floor.  There were other things in the cabin that I didn’t like, but I loved all the new public areas. 

We are sailing on Equinox in October, after it has been in dry dock.  In spite of the issues in the cabin I am really looking forward to it. Can’t wait!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CHEZMARYLOU said:

When you click on the link and scroll down to deck plans there should be a drop down menu on the right with the dates, click on may 2020 and the new plan should open up. The site was slow just now but the link did work.

Thanks, I found it.

On 3/7/2019 at 6:51 AM, Silvery Seas Cruiser said:

Funny. I interpreted Craft Social to mean an area where folks met to knit, crochet, paint, and do a wide variety of other crafts and 

have classes by trained professions in crafting skills. It didn't even occur to me that it meant craft beers. It did seem odd to me that Celebrity would dedicate such a large area to handicrafts when they seem to be taking away popular areas such as the card room and the library.

I was thinking craft beers.  😃

What’s the deal with the see-through cupboards? What next, see-through drawers? I do like the new decor, however, but I kind of like to keep my clothes out of sight.  

Glad to hear there is a movie screen being installed. That is the one thing we've always missed on X.  

Sorry to heat half the nightclub will become Suites.  

Wish I could view the proposed changes.  Can’t find it on their web site. What an awful web site. So user unfriendly.   I went to ships, then Equinox, , and it keeps kicking me back to a general screen for Revolution.  

Nothing specific. 

Edited by 4cats4me

8 minutes ago, 4cats4me said:

Wish I could view the proposed changes.  Can’t find it on their web site. What an awful web site. So user unfriendly.   I went to ships, then Equinox, , and it keeps kicking me back to a general screen for Revolution.  

Nothing specific. 

Try this link, note deck 7 is missing.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/cruise-ships/celebrity-equinox

• Thanks 1