MDR Breakfast - Princess

Clampram

19 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

Easy solution for that, order another, LOL

Of course you can order another but first you have to get the attention of your waiter & he has to send his helper to the kitchen.

10 minutes later you'll have what you want providing you didn't forget something else that you might want.

I do have some patience but having to place an order for each individual item seems frustrating compared to the buffet. 

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

Of course you can order another but first you have to get the attention of your waiter & he has to send his helper to the kitchen.

10 minutes later you'll have what you want providing you didn't forget something else that you might want.

I do have some patience but having to place an order for each individual item seems frustrating compared to the buffet. 

OMG, are you in a hurry,  lol   we're on a ship. No where to go. Only joking around.  If not ask for more then as at least the next time you order you'll know to order two. I personally love to be served. So relaxing,  we always eat alone. I try to remember all the extras I require up front, extra lemons,  3 cream cheeses,  catsup etc.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PekingeseLady said:

OMG, are you in a hurry,  lol   we're on a ship. No where to go. Only joking around.  If not ask for more then as at least the next time you order you'll know to order two. I personally love to be served. So relaxing,  we always eat alone. I try to remember all the extras I require up front, extra lemons,  3 cream cheeses,  catsup etc.

extra butter ...:classic_laugh:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

You seem to have missed the point. Three orange segments wouldn't constitute a serving size in any dining room anywhere else. It was laughable, and was mentioned as just another example of Princess penny pinching.

8 minutes ago, MGAfhc said:

You seem to have missed the point. Three orange segments wouldn't constitute a serving size in any dining room anywhere else. It was laughable, and was mentioned as just another example of Princess penny pinching.

Penny pinching?   Its not penny pinching until they won't give you anymore.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, MGAfhc said:

I think many here forget why portions were reduced several years ago. The amount of food being wasted was huge.  In response to the negative press across the industry, Princess took action. Princess also does a great job recycling.

Simple solution if you want/need more, order extra. 

We enjoy the MDR for breakfast. Great time to sit down and take it easy. If we are in a rush, we can just let the waiter know we need to finish by a certain time. 

• Like 6

3 hours ago, PekingeseLady said:

I've ordered extra items before and by the time they arrived we were just at the point of leaving. We now just go to the buffet & serve ourselves. 

We just got off the Emerald and I wish we had gone to the MDR breakfast every day!!! We NEVER waited any longer than 10-15 minutes for our meal. AND everything was hot when we ate it, unlike the buffet when, once you find your seat, you are eating lukewarm food.  

• Like 1

On the Crown for 20 days in Jan/Feb 2019 and ate in dining room every day...the staff and the food was excellent.  We usually stay in a suite and this time had a premium balcony.  The food and selections and staff were 100% excellent.  Did not miss Sabatini's for breakfast, as the staff and food was beyond our expectations.  Of course, in our opinion, this is Princess and why we cruise with them.  

• Like 1

Some of the waitstaff don't seem to realize the proper timing of a breakfast:  the bagel and cream cheese and fixings (tomato, onions, capers) should come at the same time as the lox -- not ten minutes before.  And I want my hot water and tea bag early, so the bag can steep.

I know for some people, sitting at the table waiting forever to be served might be OK, relaxing.  For me, it is aggravating, even if I have no place else to be.  If I want to eat breakfast at 10:30, I'll come to the dining room at 10:15, not at 9:30!!  So I prefer the buffet!  There, I'll have a leisurely breakfast, but the leisure will be because of me, not because the staff can't get it together!!

The buffet does have a problem with keeping pancakes hot, but I avoid that problem by only having pancakes that are just being put out, while they are still warm.

• Thanks 1

If we're in a hurry, we'll ask for a table for two or else eat our breakfast elsewhere. Otherwise, we're usually up early enough that we don't have to be in a hurry.

I've had missing items and received wrong orders. In the big scheme of things, it's not that big a deal. But it is irksome to have them happen.

15 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Some of the waitstaff don't seem to realize the proper timing of a breakfast:  the bagel and cream cheese and fixings (tomato, onions, capers) should come at the same time as the lox -- not ten minutes before. 

This salmon and bagel breakfast is my favorite and I've had more servings than I can remember.  Sometimes I need to wait a few minutes for the bagel but have never, ever had to wait for the lox since it is served on the same plate as the cream cheese and fixings.