Celebrity website gets a sense of humour

Ginnyfyr

While I've received many error pages on the X site over the years, this is a first for me. Just tried to click on Cruise Planner for our September Western Carib sailing on Equinox and was taken to a page that says "Well, this is unfortunate. Here you are trying to plan a vacation and our website decides to take one!" Gave me a little chuckle that they've added something besides the usual 'sorry for the inconvenience, please try again later'. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sadly it’s been going on for weeks. Phoned Celebrity to complain before booking my speciality dining package and upgrading our drinks package with them direct and while they apologise they don’t even acknowledge there is a problem. Really in this day and age it’s a complete joke for a company this size to have an ongoing problem that’s been going on for years. It really would not cost them a fortune to get this sorted and managed by any half decent web company.

I don't think it is funny.  It is sad that an actual company has had these web issues going on for months.  That particular message has been present for two weeks.   

I called Celebrity  and they did not even acknowledge there was a problem with their web site.  Now that is sad...

I have also been receiving this message for close to two weeks.  Waited patiently the first week and now have called twice during the second week.  Received an IT ticket number my first call and told should be fixed in 48 hours.  Waited double that time to go back on the site and still issues; called again and asked to have my IT ticket escalated.  Both reps were very nice and noted that they have received other calls about this problem, and yesterday was told that they have "a team" working on it and hoping to have it resolved this week.

On another thread someone wrote about how they e-mailed LLP's office about a matter and heard back within a day or so (I believe from an assistant, not LLP herself but hopefully from someone who has her ear).  I'm actually starting to consider e-mailing that address about this IT issue as I can't imagine that LLP would be happy to hear that Celebrity cannot take people's money because their website is constantly down!!!  Not usually one to complain, but over two weeks of inability to access the booking site and two calls to inquire about getting the situation rectified is not reasonable by any standards  😞

Odd how some get in fine and other's don't - luck of the draw I suppose.  Celebrity has always had issues with their website but I can't remember when I've ever had an issue for more than an hour.  I've had issues getting into sites because my network IP address went on the fritz or had to be reset and/or browser issues.  I realized this one time after yelling at Yahoo that I couldn't check my email for days....turns out it was an issue on my end.  However, it is well known that Celebrity does not have the best website reputation.

• Like 1

I have seen so many threads about website problems with Celebrity and how it is sad/disappointing/frustrating (which I agree).

I always ask myself 'why does X have these problems on an ongoing basis?'

It's not weeks or months,...I'd say it's over a year? Or years? 

I'm not an IT person, so I really can't grasp why this persists for so long (similar to the Phoenix pay problem in Canada with the government, but I digress)...  

Can anyone in IT (or not in IT) speculate? 

16 hours ago, Reel Love said:

I can't imagine that LLP would be happy to hear that Celebrity cannot take people's money because their website is constantly down!!!

She will find out when she tries to log in to book her beverage packages for her Edge cruise.

• Like 1

As bad as the site is, it's even worse when trying to use an IPad.  I have been calling (with long waits) to take care of things.  And your all correct, they don't seem to care or acknowledge the issues when you complain to them.