Inflatable baby pool

SFLcowboy78

I am sorry if this has been asked before, I used the search feature but could not find an exact answer. 

I will be sailing with my 8 month old son in November, this will be a family trip for my In-Laws 50th wedding anniversary. What I would like to know is would I be allowed to bring an inflatable pool for my son to use on the pool deck? I know he will not be allowed in the ship's pool as he will not be potty trained by the time of our sailing. Any advice would help, especially from those individuals who have sailed with small children. 

Please no negative comments, we booked this sailing almost 2 years in advance and before we knew we were expecting. All the family will be going so leaving him with another family member is not an option. 

TIA

I am not certain about the inflatable pool being used on the pool deck, but there are other uses for it

If you only have a shower in the cabin bathroom,it can be used as a bathtub for baby.

If you have a balcony , you can use the pool there for some water playtime.

Enjoy the cruise !

As baby will not remember the cruise, take lots of photos to document his first cruise !

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We sailed with my 15 month old grandson last year and brought a little baby pool. We never used it! He loved the splash zone/pop-up fountains and played in that.  We were also worried he wouldn't want to take a shower so would need the tub to bathe him, but he went in with his mom for just a few seconds at a time and that kept him plenty clean. Enjoy the cruise!

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, linderr6 said:

He loved the splash zone/pop-up fountains and played in that.

What ship was this on? We will be sailing on the Summit and I am not aware of a splash zone. If there is one that would be great. 

1 hour ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

I am sorry if this has been asked before, I used the search feature but could not find an exact answer. 

I will be sailing with my 8 month old son in November, this will be a family trip for my In-Laws 50th wedding anniversary. What I would like to know is would I be allowed to bring an inflatable pool for my son to use on the pool deck? I know he will not be allowed in the ship's pool as he will not be potty trained by the time of our sailing. Any advice would help, especially from those individuals who have sailed with small children. 

Please no negative comments, we booked this sailing almost 2 years in advance and before we knew we were expecting. All the family will be going so leaving him with another family member is not an option. 

TIA

I've certainly read some posts about people doing just that and the staff helping to fill with warm water. You could always take it with you and see how you feel when you get there.

We are doing our first cruise with little one in September.  It's the Norwegian fjords though so unlikely to use our inflatable pool outside!

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

What ship was this on? We will be sailing on the Summit and I am not aware of a splash zone. If there is one that would be great. 

oh, we were on the Equinox! So i can't say if there is one Summit.

1 hour ago, SFLcowboy78 said:

I don't recall a splash zone being on Summit.  I believe the splash zones are on S class ships.

On a past sailing we did see an inflatable pool that was brought onboard by the parents.  It was put in a out of the way spot on the pool deck.  The ships crew were thrilled to fill the pool and even enjoyed watching the child splash away!  

Enjoy your sailing!

• Thanks 1

Where do you plan on setting the inflatable pool up? There's no room around or near the pool or pool deck to set up a inflatable  pool. Who would fill it and where would it be emptied. Leave the inflatable pool home. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 3

I think the message here is to leave the pool at home.  There really isn’t space on the pool deck or a healthy or safe way to dispose of the water.  After all the reason a non-potty trained child isn’t allowed in the pool is because his diaper may contaminate the pool and dumping the same water in the pool isn’t healthy.  Dumping several gallons of water on the pool deck or your balcony isn’t considerate of the other guests.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, linderr6 said:

We sailed with my 15 month old grandson last year and brought a little baby pool. We never used it! He loved the splash zone/pop-up fountains and played in that.  We were also worried he wouldn't want to take a shower so would need the tub to bathe him, but he went in with his mom for just a few seconds at a time and that kept him plenty clean. Enjoy the cruise!

This the water feature that you are talking about:

enhance

It is NOT a kiddie splash zone.  In fact, here are the rules for its enjoyment.  Pay close attention to the last item at the bottom of the sign.  I'm surprised you were not told that your 15 month old cannot play there

enhance

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Essiesmom said:

This the water feature that you are talking about:

enhance

It is NOT a kiddie splash zone.  In fact, here are the rules for its enjoyment.  Pay close attention to the last item at the bottom of the sign.  I'm surprised you were not told that your 15 month old cannot play there

enhance

hmm. I really don't recall seeing that sign and my grandson plus at least 2 other little kids in swim diapers played in it almost daily, and the staff brought us towels and nobody ever said a thing to us about it. We are not intentional rule breakers!

Celebrity's staff seem to adhere to the "no guest is ever wrong" theory.  There are lots of reports of people complaining of seat holding in the theater, chair hogging at the pool, dress in the MDR, etc that are not handled by the staff.  In this case a posted sign is supposed to enforce the rules.  Of course a non potty trained child should not be playing here.  I certainly also understand if one didn't notice the sign one wouldn't be aware.

• Like 1

yeah we used to take one infact we still do as it is the equivalent of Macgyver's swiss army knife.

I guess you could get away with putting it between 2 sun beds, I wouldn't moan about that if I saw someone do it. 

7 minutes ago, Fixit2010 said:

yeah we used to take one infact we still do as it is the equivalent of Macgyver's swiss army knife.

I guess you could get away with putting it between 2 sun beds, I wouldn't moan about that if I saw someone do it. 

I've read about their use before.  Perhaps not on Celebrity, but Royal Caribbean.  

The water was emptied into the overflow drain.  I seem to recall the staff doing it.  Also the overflow drain on the balcony was used.  

It probably would not bother me either if I saw one or two used on a cruise....better than having the infant in the pool, or hot tub.

1 hour ago, Fixit2010 said:

What ships are you sailing on that there's that kind of room between the loungers on the pool deck or even the deck above? Bumper to bumper on our Celebrity cruises. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What ships are you sailing on that there's that kind of room between the loungers on the pool deck or even the deck above? Bumper to bumper on our Celebrity cruises. 

What size are you envisioning?

I believe these are tiny....more like the size of a child's inner tube that's filled with a small amount of water.  

2 hours ago, mafig said:

The water was emptied into the overflow drain.  I seem to recall the staff doing it.  Also the overflow drain on the balcony was used.

Mafig, that is exactly what I was thinking. The proper term is a scupper 

10 minutes ago, mafig said:

What size are you envisioning?

I believe these are tiny....more like the size of a child's inner tube that's filled with a small amount of water.

I was thinking one like this would be ideal. 

https://www.amazon.com/Bestway-Inflatable-Outdoor-Features-Holders/dp/B07B7MFVD8/ref=sr_1_14?gclid=CjwKCAjw2cTmBRAVEiwA8YMgzSnf_SRyrHjYIDIc2tn35DFzo0tEtr8YP4rK652swVxdr820x_Q0yBoCeTkQAvD_BwE&hvadid=241908144669&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9026809&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=13656698252017908617&hvtargid=aud-649564993678%3Akwd-39311061&hydadcr=24660_10400764&keywords=inflatable+pool&qid=1557261845&s=gateway&sr=8-14

But in all actuality and joking aside it would be more like this.

https://www.amazon.com/Bundaloo-Inflatable-Backrest-Stackable-Activity/dp/B07QC4LKDG/ref=sr_1_13?keywords=inflatable+baby+pool&qid=1557261919&s=gateway&sr=8-13

Or this so we could use it in the shower for baths too.

https://www.amazon.com/Mommys-Helper-Inflatable-Froggie-Collection/dp/B003AO6ZQ6/ref=sr_1_12?keywords=inflatable+baby+pool&qid=1557262129&s=gateway&sr=8-12

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

Agreed. There's not even space to put your drink down between the loungers.