Leggings in Dining Room?

WFBgal

We are doing the Med  cruise, both segments on NS in Oct. On casual nites, can I wear my leggings? I wear them with tunics. I'm always freezing in main dining room & these are heavier, thus keeping me warm. Thanks.

Nice leggings with the right top could even be worn on gala night.  I am the queen of golden shoes and the glittery pashmina.  They do wonders for even the simplest of outfits.  

Edited by Mary229
  • Like 3

I'm doing smart cruise casual. Gala is one notch above but I bet I'll be wearing an open cardigan. Last year I froze on the Eurodam most nights & grabbed my fleece to wear to dinner. 

Cold blooded former WI resident.

If you wear leggings, in your  'at home' life, sure. wear  them on the ship.      I'd probably avoid the denim, look like jeans ones and wear a solid black leggings to MDR on   gala  night, if I were to wear them at all.  

image.png.9f4a9a5aba8bcb51559e0fbe6fa488da.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have a simple rule for wearing leggings because of my age and weight:  I always wear a nice top that covers my butt. It never looks good when you see leggings with a short top and people see the seams about to burst. 😸😁

• Like 4

On 5/28/2019 at 9:37 AM, WFBgal said:

We are doing the Med  cruise, both segments on NS in Oct. On casual nites, can I wear my leggings? I wear them with tunics. I'm always freezing in main dining room & these are heavier, thus keeping me warm. Thanks.

I bring leggings for warmth.  I have black ones that I often wear under a dress because the A/C is too cold for me.  I would think that if the tunic is long enough to technically be a dress (for some people), then I'd say definitely!

1 hour ago, dot73 said:

I have a simple rule for wearing leggings because of my age and weight:  I always wear a nice top that covers my butt. It never looks good when you see leggings with a short top and people see the seams about to burst. 😸😁

+ 1     I agree about covering the  'butrt....      UNless you resemble   an internaional runway model,  covering rear

end  is a good idea for most  of us  when wearing leggings.   . 

image.png.d5c3ffa1cb28c782872c32586d6a19cc.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com

1 hour ago, rboysinmt said:

image.png

Edited by sail7seas
  • Like 1

I'm 5'11" & I wear the Starfish leggings from Lands End. I was so cold last May on the Eurodam especially during Happy Hour. AC had to have been set at 68 or colder. Tired of freezing so leggings it is (with appropriate tunics) & a cozy long sweater if needed!

I don't see a problem with leggings in the MDR if the woman has the legs for them. They are so popular and I wish I could wear them, but I don't have the figure for them. I would say that most women who wear them don't have the figure for them either.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

I don't see a problem with leggings in the MDR if the woman has the legs for them. They are so popular and I wish I could wear them, but I don't have the figure for them. I would say that most women who wear them don't have the figure for them either.

If leggings are worn with a nice tunic (not a short t-shirt) then they are just fine for any lady of any size.  I think women of size are entitled to wear whatever they enjoy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lady Arwen said:

If leggings are worn with a nice tunic (not a short t-shirt) then they are just fine for any lady of any size.  I think women of size are entitled to wear whatever they enjoy.

Yes, I agree. I am a UK 16/18 and my usual outfit will be leggings and tunic. Everything that needs to be is covered.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2019 at 6:27 AM, Krazy Kruizers said:

There is no rule that you can't use them on smart casual and Gala nights.

That means,  Every Night   🙂

image.png.59a93e5e93731c308be28b6ed5efc53a.png

sail.noordam@gmail.com