How can I get a new PCC?

mertziek

This PCC thing - does that agent have a direct dial line or an extension off of that 866-234-7350 ?

Hopefully when you dial that generic line you will not get your PCC that you are dissatisfied with !

What-s-matter you no like me - boo hoo - sob story - why you call Super for a change ?

• Haha 2

I've made a couple of requests for this as well. The first one went nowhere, the 2nd was sent to their internal help desk, so it remains to be seen if it will get changed. I also asked for a supervisor and they told me they would just submit a ticket for their help desk.

1 hour ago, tomservo said:

I've made a couple of requests for this as well. The first one went nowhere, the 2nd was sent to their internal help desk, so it remains to be seen if it will get changed. I also asked for a supervisor and they told me they would just submit a ticket for their help desk.

That being the case, find a good TA....online, big box, etc, and transfer your reservation to them.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, don't-use-real-name said:

This PCC thing - does that agent have a direct dial line or an extension off of that 866-234-7350 ?

Hopefully when you dial that generic line you will not get your PCC that you are dissatisfied with !

What-s-matter you no like me - boo hoo - sob story - why you call Super for a change ?

You ^^ punny, Mista !

2 hours ago, graphicguy said:

That being the case, find a good TA....online, big box, etc, and transfer your reservation to them.

Yeah, I have one, I like to book through the PCC and then transfer to my TA for the OBC :classic_biggrin:

I like maintaining the relationship with the PCC as well, my PCC for X is great and he helps me out all the time, and to return the favor I book everything with him (before transferring to my TA).

44 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Yeah, I have one, I like to book through the PCC and then transfer to my TA for the OBC :classic_biggrin:

I like maintaining the relationship with the PCC as well, my PCC for X is great and he helps me out all the time, and to return the favor I book everything with him (before transferring to my TA).

Do both of them get the commission? If not, which one gets it?

45 minutes ago, tomservo said:

Doesn’t he lose his commission if it’s transferred?

18 hours ago, mertziek said:

Upset with recent dismissive attitude and other issues from my PCC.  Has anyone here gotten a new one and how did you go about doing that?

I changed mine (following the same steps graphicguy described above) a few years back. The supervisor re-assigned me to a new PCC, no questions asked. The new one has been simply phenomenal!

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Doesn’t he lose his commission if it’s transferred?

That's a good question, I was wondering that myself. I don't think they get commission per se, but they do get some kind of bonus. My X PCC is well aware of my process and is still super helpful to me, so maybe not?

5 minutes ago, tomservo said:

That's a good question, I was wondering that myself. I don't think they get commission per se, but they do get some kind of bonus. My X PCC is well aware of my process and is still super helpful to me, so maybe not?

I think they must get some kind compensation because when I last booked with a PCC and mentioned the possibility of transferring the reservation to a TA, they got very upset.

My PCC's over the years have been pretty much hit-and-miss.  The "hit" ones I've had usually end up leaving NCL for another position after a year or so & the "miss" ones just disappear eventually.  My last "hit" actually sent an email to all her NCL customers announcing her departure and the name & phone number of another PCC at NCL that was taking her place.  

I don't know if they get commissions or bonuses but I DO know they're rated on how many cruises they book; one of my PCC's was quite upset when I booked a cruise online instead of using him.

On a different subject, does anyone know what a "courtesy hold" is & how does one obtain one for an NCL reservation?

1 hour ago, tomk3212 said:

My PCC's over the years have been pretty much hit-and-miss.  The "hit" ones I've had usually end up leaving NCL for another position after a year or so & the "miss" ones just disappear eventually.  My last "hit" actually sent an email to all her NCL customers announcing her departure and the name & phone number of another PCC at NCL that was taking her place.  

I don't know if they get commissions or bonuses but I DO know they're rated on how many cruises they book; one of my PCC's was quite upset when I booked a cruise online instead of using him.

On a different subject, does anyone know what a "courtesy hold" is & how does one obtain one for an NCL reservation?

A “courtesy hold” is a way to block a cabin with a reservation for a limited time.  Some online cruise TAs can do it anywhere from 10-20 minutes to overnight.  PCCs on NCL can do the same.  But, depending on availability and how close to sailing you are, they may not offer to do a courtesy hold at all.

@graphicguy Thanks a bunch!  This explains why one of my previous PCC's got annoyed at me when I couldn't reach by them by phone & I ended up booking online.  They stated, "You could have done a courtesy hold using my name through the regular Reservations phone number."  I had no idea what they were talking about at the time.  Thanks for the info!

6 minutes ago, tomk3212 said:

@graphicguy Thanks a bunch!  This explains why one of my previous PCC's got annoyed at me when I couldn't reach by them by phone & I ended up booking online.  They stated, "You could have done a courtesy hold using my name through the regular Reservations phone number."  I had no idea what they were talking about at the time.  Thanks for the info!

Glad I could help.  Fact is, just because the PCC knew it could be done, and how to do it, doesn’t mean you knew it could be done and how to do it.

My feeling has always been if you find a good PCC (not like the one you mentioned) or TA, one that will make planning your trip as easy as possible, stick with them.

I found an online TA, whom I’ve talked to over the phone for the last 6-7 years, but never met.  She gets all of my business.  She sometimes finds me “deals” on cabins I was unaware of.  She’s part of a big online Travel Agency.  Sometimes I don’t need help and book everything myself.  Sometimes, I do require extra help, and call her.  She’s always friendly and accommodating, even though she knows I book on line sometimes, which means she doesn’t get the commission for that sailing.

General rule of thumb, if you find a cabin on a sailing you’re interested in, ask the PCC or your TA to put a courtesy hold on it.  They’ll inform you how long they can hold it for.

On 6/18/2019 at 5:06 AM, graphicguy said:

Just call NCL, 866-234-7350 and wait for the first PCC that answers.  Ask for a supervisor to request a PCC change.

Thanks for the info.

Until recently I had a terrific PCC - in fact, he was so very good that NCL promoted him. 

Then I got handed off to someone else who totally screwed up my reservation.

So now I am currently booked with a TA but I am so accustomed to seeing my whole reservation on the NCL site and frustrated that I have to call the TA to see details of my reservation - or to change or add something.

At one point my PCC was calling me everyday.  I told her to stop calling me and that I would let her know when I needed something.  Needless to say, the calls continued.  Finally I got so fed up that I called in to speak to a supervisor and told them that if they continued to call me I would never book another cruise on NCL again (we're Platinum btw).  Calls stopped immediately.  I've been doing all my bookings online since then and it is much more efficient.