Favorite/Can't live without cruise accessory

Tree_skier

I was just killing a little time perusing Amazon looking at different cruise ship accessories.  Found lots of luggage tag holders, sea pass card holders, usb plug adapters and various wall and closet hangar devices (I've already bought all I need of these).  What is your favorite/can't cruise without toy/device/item.  I'm still 140 days from my next cruise and just need to buy something to satisfy the cruise itch.

🙂

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, mom says said:

The only thing I can think of that is unique to our cruises, as opposed to land travel, are the magnetic hooks and the string for fashioning a laundry line.

Great idea. I take hooks but never thought about connecting them with a line. 

My smartphone which is clock, camera, text/email-sender, and can fill in for the Kindle. But it is just as handy and necessary at home or anywhere; it is an extension of my brain! 

Something travel-related the OP might consider, along the line of the drawstring bag for the safe, is a snap-corner valet for the nightstand:

Valet.JPG.c075f070343aacfc28ed52fbe11203e3.JPG

https://www.magellans.com/itemdy00.aspx?T1=MLP457+NV&srccode=NXCMC6&utm_source=google&utm_medium=comparison&utm_campaign=datafeed&source=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjw9pDpBRCkARIsAOzRzisBbOgoRAIJJRz4nREQGhayNMVZ0bjeG5tzxtstFlXNnlQqGRcd1oYaAog0EALw_wcB

Edited by crystalspin
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, island284 said:

I made a cloth draw string bag that holds all the things that go in the safe. Never any items left behind in the safe. 

We keep a couple of extra ziplock freezer baggies for things like this.

An added advantage is we can quickly see what's inside, whether it is in the safe or perhaps in a drawer (for less valuable items).

GC

• Like 3

A tiny coat hanger with a mesh bag- first seen on this page- which hangs in the shower and holds all the things you need when there's no proper shelving... and as we both can't see well without glasses, we can find the soap etc without dropping everything on the floor.

• Like 1

In this digital age, I hope no one laughs---at least too loud!

I must have my journal.  I don't blog (once did but connection issues aboard ships and the cost stopped that).  I keep a daily journal of my trips.  It helps with remembering where I was or why I did take a photo since the photos have date stamps on them.  It helps me relive my trips.  And, the journals are good reference books if someone asks a question on CC or wherever that I may be able to answer and provide my experience if my precise memory is foggy at the time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

I must have my journal.  I don't blog (once did but connection issues aboard ships and the cost stopped that).  I keep a daily journal of my trips. 

I do the same, and for exactly the same reasons. I've been doing it for so long that most of a shelf in one of our bookcases is full of the completed journals. If you're ever in Venice, there are shops that have the most beautiful handmade paper and hand bound books. I bought a gorgeous blank book for my next journal.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, mom says said:

I do the same, and for exactly the same reasons. I've been doing it for so long that most of a shelf in one of our bookcases is full of the completed journals. If you're ever in Venice, there are shops that have the most beautiful handmade paper and hand bound books. I bought a gorgeous blank book for my next journal.

Yes, those fancy empty journals, with such gorgeous cover paper...!

We didn't even have a "need" for those, but we picked up a couple anyway; they were just so beautiful.

:classic_smile:

GC

32 minutes ago, cb at sea said:

Money.  That's about it!

That last thing we do before leaving the house is double check that we have our passports, Nexus cards (if going to the U.S.), our phones, and credit cards - the only real cruise essentials.

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Thanks 1

A shower curtain and magnetic hooks to hang the curtain between the closet area and the rest of the cabin. It makes a great changing area where I can get dressed when our 20-yr old son is cruising with us, without me having to confine myself to the hot, steamy bathroom or DS having to leave the cabin. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, island284 said:

I made a cloth draw string bag that holds all the things that go in the safe. Never any items left behind in the safe. 

Brilliant idea. I'm adding it to my packing list right now.