Soft Serve

Donoiv11

4 minutes ago, coevan said:

what are you scooping?

LOL, that was funny, although not very helpful. 

To the OP, the soft serve machine dispenses the “ice cream” so you don’t need a scooper.  The only other flavor I have seen is strawberry along with combinations or swirls (like chocolate and vanilla together).  It is available 24/7, unless the machine malfunctions. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

8 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

What time does the soft serve machine open on the Vista? 

Are chocolate and vanilla the only 2 flavors?

Can I bring my own scooper?

Thanks!

Why would you need a scooper???

for soft serve.

And I’ve only seen that two flavours.

Get a huge glass. Fill it 2/3rds full of strawberry ice cream. Add milk. Stir in some of that great World's Best Vanilla you got at one of your ports and VAVOOM . . . you have the best Strawberry Smoothie that money can't buy. 🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, James4me said:

Yes they will beat you with a stick😳

Lol. Cheers mate. I get the joke! lol.

I love soft serve. It's delicious and cold. It has flavors known to all and tastes that excite the taste buds.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Donoiv11 said:

Will they get mad at me if I try to sneak extra soft serve for my friends? 

It's a self serve soft serve free to anyone, so you could take as many cones or bowls as you can carry.

Saw someone recommend adding milk for a shake.
We like to add root beer to make a float!
Refreshing with your popcorn while watching Dive-In Movies.

Also, don't let the negative nancy's get you down.
You ask any question you need to!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, evandbob said:

I thought it was the regular hard ice cream that got beaten with a churner on Vista and Horizon.

Vista and Horizon serve homemade Gelato at the buffet for lunch.  I can't remember how many flavors, but I think it is about 6.  The flavors I remember are Tiramisu, Hazelnut, Coffee, and Salted Caramel.  They have two flavors available each day.  The Gelato is served by a Carnival team member, and there are toppings available for the guests to add themselves.  I've used these toppings occasionally for the soft serve as well.

1 hour ago, TomCruise48 said:

Vista and Horizon serve homemade Gelato at the buffet for lunch.  I can't remember how many flavors, but I think it is about 6.  The flavors I remember are Tiramisu, Hazelnut, Coffee, and Salted Caramel.  They have two flavors available each day.  The Gelato is served by a Carnival team member, and there are toppings available for the guests to add themselves.  I've used these toppings occasionally for the soft serve as well.

omg this just made me very excited. ill be on the Horizon in February for 2 weeks 

Scooping soft serve 🧐. Vista has two types of ice cream venues. Soft serve, located on Deck 10 near the Lido Marketplace, and Cherry on Top on Deck 5 adjacent to, and with an entrance from, the Lanai Promenade. 

55 minutes ago, thesmiths said:

I bring my own magic shell.

We do this too, as well as sugar/waffle cones. We always bring enough to share with little kids/adult kids who ask!

When we first started doing this, we thought it was so funny to tell people that it was a platinum perk. If people were platinum, they would be mad they didn’t know about it. If they weren’t plat, they were super confused lol!

11 hours ago, lottiegreen56 said:

We do this too, as well as sugar/waffle cones. We always bring enough to share with little kids/adult kids who ask!

When we first started doing this, we thought it was so funny to tell people that it was a platinum perk. If people were platinum, they would be mad they didn’t know about it. If they weren’t plat, they were super confused lol!

lmfao that's hilarious 

Soft serve ice cream...vanilla, chocolate and swirl. 

Frozen yogurt... strawberry and chocolate. 

They may at times switch these choices, but I have never seen it. 

Enjoy your cruise and your ice cream!!! Hard to walk by that machine and not have a cone or two. 😎

15 hours ago, shark&minnow said:

I thought this thread was a joke but that magic shell tip is brilliant!!

You will be the envy of the others.

And my wife brings that little shaker bottle of sprinkles.. or as I call it Jimmies.

On 7/26/2019 at 10:28 PM, TomCruise48 said:

They both have cherry on top also which serves cold stone type ice cream with toppings to order. 

On 7/26/2019 at 9:28 PM, TomCruise48 said:

I think some of the ships also have gelato at the coffee shop.