Deployment 2021-22 booking season begins

1 hour ago, Jack McGowan said:

RC direct, I can see one Adventure Sailing and one Odyssey.

AC10147F-044D-4645-89CC-4617FEF0A1E2.png

Wow, I really like all these new overnighters. I've seen that Anthem does many overnights (Lisbon, Bordeaux, Le Havre, Geiranger and more), so does Jewel (especially the double overnight Lisbon & Porto is hot). I didn't expect that Odyssey will also do overnights.

I can't imagine Santorini being the overnight, so it has to be Athens and Mykonos. Amazing.

4 hours ago, little britain said:

One photo on another site showing Odyssey 4/30/21 9n from Rome to Santorini, Mykonos, Athens and Naples FYI. 2 overnights. 
Balcony from €2569. 

Yay for the itinerary and eeek for the price!  I love the idea of overnights, I wish they would upload already. I woke up at 3:00 am and even checked then!

Edited by Jax129

6 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Voyager does have tenders, Adventure does not. They are the same class of ship but slightly different and that is one of the ways they are different

You sure?  We are on Adventure on the weekend and one of our stops is Grand Cayman.  I thought that is a tender port.

23 hours ago, travelgoddess1 said:

I loved those 9-day cruises out of PC on Explorer!  I have sailed on Explorer out of so many ports over the years, from Miami to Seattle.  My next trip, in January includes a b2b on EX. My only complaint is that I wish they had another specialty restaurant, or perhaps a Chef’s Table.

I didn't realize EX did not have a Chef's table.  That's odd.  Oh well, my favorite ships to do CT is Radiance series.  Very elegant.  

Waiting to go to Next Cruise at 9 am here on Harmony.  Need to book our 25th anniversary cruise for 2021, and will ask about the Iceland/Greenland for 2021 Fall TA...if RCI is even going to do that then.  Hopefully she/he will have an answer...but not holding my breath.  Nothing listed online yet.  

6 minutes ago, island lady said:

I didn't realize EX did not have a Chef's table.  That's odd.  Oh well, my favorite ships to do CT is Radiance series.  Very elegant.  

We did Chef's Table on Explorer last year. They set it up in a curtained off area at the back of Chops

Just finished up with Next Cruise here on Harmony.  Booked our anniversary cruise and asked the rep about the Iceland/Greenland for 2021 Fall TA.  Nothing yet, and does not think it will come out next week, but thinks it will

be next week.  Seems to think it will indeed happen, but not sure what ship yet.  

1 hour ago, island lady said:

1 hour ago, Bobal said:

We did Chef's Table on Explorer last year. They set it up in a curtained off area at the back of Chops

We arranged for a special Chef's Table on an Explorer Alaska cruise in 2016.  At that time the CT was not offered.  I do remember that curtained off area at the back of Chop's. I'm glad they are now offering it.

8 hours ago, Jack McGowan said:

Firstly, I didnt bring this up as an “issue”, secondly Explorer & Voyager are different ships, they have different lifeboats. Adventure isn’t the same, see here: https://www.beyondships2.com/adventure-of-the-seas-boat-drill.html

i believe somebody brought the topic up as they were talking about specific ports which do not have their own tenders

Wasnt talking current . As I said when Voyager Class FIRST sailed they had Tenders mounted, as almost every Royal Ship did in 90s. They were needed as back then there wasnt the island tenders there is now. I was on Voyagers 4th sailing and Explorers 8th when they were brand new. They could be added again, most wont. That was my point

Edited by ONECRUISER
  • Like 1

Just now, ONECRUISER said:

Wasnt talking current . As I said when Voyager Class FIRST sailed they had Tenders mounted, as almost every Royal Ship did in 90s. They were needed as back then there wasnt the island tenders there is now. I was on Voyagers 4th sailing and Explorers 8th when they were brand new. They could be added again, most wont. That was my point

I see your point, however I’m pretty sure Adventure has never had Tenders. Voyager & Explorer have got tenders, yes. I’m not sure if any of the other Voyager class vessels have/have had them though. I think it depends on where they are sailing as to wether RC decided to put tenders on them or not.

22 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

I see your point, however I’m pretty sure Adventure has never had Tenders. Voyager & Explorer have got tenders, yes. I’m not sure if any of the other Voyager class vessels have/have had them though. I think it depends on where they are sailing as to wether RC decided to put tenders on them or not.

No problem. Wasnt sure Adventure, think she did S Carib when new. Pretty sure Navigator had Tenders, my ex and daughter did her First Season to West Carib, Tender in Grand Caymen and Labadee... back in 80s-2004 we tried get on every new Royal ship right after they came out.

36 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

If the pricing for Odyssey is that expensive in April, I do not want to know what the pricing will be for Summer 2021!

My experience is, the first few days the new itineraries went on sale, they've been pretty expensive, but shortly after that the prices went down.

However Odyssey is a brand new, attractive, innovative ship, due to that RCI may take such insane prices... 

Can we please keep on topic about the deployment schedules and leave discussions about what ships use lifeboat tenders and which don't for another thread? I would really prefer not to receive so many false positives in my notifications.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Scottee25 said:

Can we please keep on topic about the deployment schedules and leave discussions about what ships use lifeboat tenders and which don't for another thread? I would really prefer not to receive so many false positives in my notifications.

The lifeboat discussion actually goes back to where Adventure could be going in Europe

22 minutes ago, Jack McGowan said:

The lifeboat discussion actually goes back to where Adventure could be going in Europe

But it's no longer on topic and detracts from the core of this thread. Please try not to be so argumentative and try to be respectful of those of us monitoring this thread for updates on the deployment schedules.

• Like 2