Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass Prices Getting Ridiculous

Last week for our Dec. cruise on the Harmony the price for a Full Day at the Park was $93 (listed as a Pre-Cruise Deal)   Today its listed as a $88.99 at 10% onboard prices.   Now luckily I booked it a couple months ago and only paid $51.99.   Its crazy they want to charge people almost $100 to go to the waterpark.

We held off on purchasing because hubby wasn’t sold on the water park and we really do love a nice beach day. 51.99 I’d probably cave and purchase. $60 and up No way. Especially with the cdn exchange rate. 

I am not a waterpark person and I don't have kids. I just looked up the price of Water Country USA. It's $44.99 for a day pass. It opened in 1984 but has had a few upgrades. I just looked at my planner for Navigator in September and it's $47.99 for Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass. Seems reasonable.

Edited by JennyB1977
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, JennyB1977 said:

I am not a waterpark person and I don't have kids. I just looked up the price of Water Country USA. It's $44.99 for a day pass. It opened in 1984 but has had a few upgrades. I just looked at my planner for Navigator in September and it $47.99 for Thrill Waterpark Full Day Pass. Seems reasonable.

I agree, $48 is not unreasonable. At all. But that’s not the price point that people are complaining about. 🙂 It’s currently $79 for my Dec 2020 Anthem, and I don’t foresee it going down. I may or may not purchase. On one hand, it’s still less expensive than what we’ve paid for excursions on other islands in the past... and I’m about 95% sure my kids would get the moneys worth - esp since at their ages I won’t have to babysit them. On the other hand, after my husband broke his hand on a slide at GWL a few years ago, our family has pretty much steered clear of water parks. 

My son just got back from Harmony, the on board price was $99.  Guests under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.  7 of the slides say minimum height is 48 inches so my 5 year old grand daughter would not be able to ride any of them but she would still have to pay the full price as it starts at age 4.  She will not be happy if her brother goes and she does not😀

Sherri🙂

5 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I wonder if the size of the boat plays a factor. 

Maybe but I also know we are sharing Coco that day with Grandeur so it's not entirely based on the total number of guests visiting that day. 

11 minutes ago, Howie411 said:

I wonder if the size of the boat plays a factor. 

It must.  We are on the Symphony in Feb 2020 and for the longest time it was $64.99.  Then it went up to $99.  Currently it is at $89.

Edited by martinclm
spelling error

Glad I don't have any kids.  We head off the ship to our favorite section of the beach.  Grab included loungers and an umbrella for husband and chill at the beach all day.  Eat at the included buffet venues.  Have the drink package already. Cost to go to CocoCay - ZERO!

• Like 5

When the Water Park passes and the cabanas were first released for my June 28th sailing on the Adventure, they were $99.00 for the full day, $59.00 for half day and cabanas were a little over $500.   Prices dropped for the park, but the cabanas kept going up. Eventually no half day passes were sold.  We were the only ship in port, but some slides still had a 30 to 45 min late morning.  It didn't get better until about a hour before we were to leave.

We were at Coco Cay last week.  We swam in the lagoon pool which is free, used the beach which is free, ate the free lunch and drank the free drinks. Our cost to have a fun day at Coco Cay was $0.00

Edited by Marie51
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, karena1 said:

Glad I don't have any kids.  We head off the ship to our favorite section of the beach.  Grab included loungers and an umbrella for husband and chill at the beach all day.  Eat at the included buffet venues.  Have the drink package already. Cost to go to CocoCay - ZERO!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marie51 said:

We were at Coco Cay last week.  We swam in the lagoon pool which is free, used the beach which is free, ate the free lunch and drank the free drinks. Our cost to have a fun day at Coco Cay was $0.00

Love ❤️ 💕 

I have been twice to Coco since the changes. I love the place and both times I have done the Oasis Lagoon and spent nothing. I am going again solo in September and plan on doing the same thing. We did just buy the thrill waterpark pass for October though, and it was $47pp for Navigator. After that I am scheduled to be there in April, and am hoping to spend time on South Beach, since it should be completed.

• Like 1