Harmony Live, August 25th to September 8th - A few more days drifting away...

A&L_Ont

Thanks for all of the great photos orchestrated by Mother Nature! But maybe not so good of an idea to be out on that balcony to see it!😲  Wishing safe travels to all! Also hoping there's not another one following Dorian (since we board Allure on 9/8)!!🙄

3 minutes ago, zoepipes said:

Will you be able to find out which evening the Windjammer has their chocolate buffet?   I’ve been told the 5th night but want to make sure😊.  Thank you!

We asked one of the waiters and they didn’t know. They actually seemed surprised when we asked about it. Not sure if they were new, or just covering the WJ from another area.

If we return I will ask again, but you might want to confirm that the 5th night is the night. 

Edited by A&L_Ont

4 minutes ago, SilkySal said:

Thanks for all of the great photos orchestrated by Mother Nature! But maybe not so good of an idea to be out on that balcony to see it!😲  Wishing safe travels to all! Also hoping there's not another one following Dorian (since we board Allure on 9/8)!!🙄

I hear you. 

37 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve seen the lawn on Mighty Ships, but now with my own eyes. It looked like it needed a lot of maintenance because of salt air damage.  Forget deck chairs moving, it’s the lawn mower first thing in the morning that will wake you.

EECF697B-170E-4964-A687-54782061B922.thumb.jpeg.d86295eec7e73affe82713c20b83cc73.jpeg

I will have to let you know how that lawn looks, up close and personal.  That is the next Cruise we have booked.   

Thankfully, we will be on a lower deck, so the mower noise should not be a problem😁

I think I see our cabin on the port side hump area.

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 9:54 PM, Pratique said:

The eye of Charlie passed within 10 miles of my house. It was a fast mover and I rode it out. Scariest 45 minutes of my life.  I escaped from Frances, but not Jeanne. Scariest 18 hours of my life. "The City Beautiful" my foot. Lesson learned, get out of the way when a hurricane is coming. Moved to New Hampshire, problem solved. I can deal with snow if I have to lol. Cruising is my escape. Just not during hurricane season. But I know it will all work out for Andrew and family. The ship can get out of the way, and that's what counts. Be safe.

Where was your house in Charlie?

1 hour ago, A&L_Ont said:

As for Dorian, now a Hurricane; the internet is rampant with suggestions. I can only speculate but I’m thinking we won’t be returning on Sunday unless there is some miracle. 

We could fly home from Cancun, but who wants a taxi ride there from Costa Maya. 

34FA8677-3338-4F7E-A345-3EBD9A357ECA.thumb.jpeg.0fa3e7c91ac48ce30397f67908f7dad5.jpeg

To fly home from Roatan takes 26 hours so that’s not gonna happen.

Thankfully our calendar next week doesn’t have anything that pressing. Sure school for Owen, but nothing happens the first week. Hockey tryouts are now known to be the week after. 

This post from some else’s past experience is starting to make me think bigger picture.  I hope that isn’t the case but it sure doesn’t look like there is any way around it. For us, and folks wanting to board this Sunday. 

As I said numerous times, only time will tell. 

7269CA87-F752-488F-9D3C-D688C746684A.thumb.jpeg.980d12446195cceac356a480028736d4.jpeg

It kind of sucks to have this situation happen, the last day or day and half will be people trying to work on switching around airfare and booking hotel rooms, the trying to guess the acutal day and time you will return to the port....Just overall puts a damper on things. It can become a real PIA, it will really have fellow passengers on edge and it can get nasty......No fault of RCCL though, but people just don't understand that. They will will want refunds for everything....

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 2

On 8/27/2019 at 3:33 PM, A&L_Ont said:

O-man is back at the cabin chill-axin until teen club soccer at noon. Currently a hot front here at the pool. It’s hot. 

And then there is the chair hog situation. This row was taken at 8, when Lisa showed up. Still currently vacant at 10:30.  Good chances of a hostile takeover sometime later.

Kind of like predicting a Hurricane. 

image.thumb.jpg.79952d449ecb4a368b8a8d158350e26b.jpg

I would have reported them an hour ago lol.  Lisa has too much patience.

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

I’ve seen the lawn on Mighty Ships, but now with my own eyes. It looked like it needed a lot of maintenance because of salt air damage

Always thought this was a cool marketing gimmick that would be difficult to maintain at sea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thankfully our calendar next week doesn’t have anything that pressing. Sure school for Owen, but nothing happens the first week. Hockey tryouts are now known to be the week after. 

And most importantly, NHL training camps  don’t open for another two weeks. 

It has to be rough to be on an older ship without a Playmakers. 🏒 

• Like 1

I am enjoying your live posts on Harmony.  We are sailing her June of next year.  I booked a cabana on South Beach for us during our stop....don't think they will be finished until the end of the calendar year.  I assume the pool area is area open to everyone.  I actually considered changing cabanas but not for $1,299.  I'll stay on South Beach and walk to the pool or take the tram.  🙂  

And then this afternoon at 5 pm, the Captain dropped the possibility of a delayed arrival Port Canaveral. He said they would have a better idea tomorrow afternoon, but they wanted us to have a lot of heads up. 

I bet there will be a few tomorrow that had no idea that there was even a Hurricane. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

And then this afternoon at 5 pm, the Captain dropped the possibility of a delayed arrival Port Canaveral. He said they would have a better idea tomorrow afternoon, but they wanted us to have a lot of heads up. 

I bet there will be a few tomorrow that had no idea that there was even a Hurricane. 

So it’s getting more official 😮

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

The fleet captain will make the call tomorrow after the 11 am update from NHC, is my bet.

29 minutes ago, A&L_Ont said:

Thanks so much for the update.

Congrats to Owen for winning the scavenger challenger tonight! WTG Owen!

• Like 1