How far ahead of final payment

Say my final payment date is Oct 15 - how far ahead of that do people like to actually make the last payment?  

We use a TA so I would be giving her the Visa number to settle up. I just get paranoid regarding time to process etc

28 minutes ago, mom2two2 said:

Say my final payment date is Oct 15 - how far ahead of that do people like to actually make the last payment?  

We use a TA so I would be giving her the Visa number to settle up. I just get paranoid regarding time to process etc

Your TA can process in 5 minutes if they want to

27 minutes ago, mom2two2 said:

We make final payment on the last possible day.  Why?  Because your price is locked.  Why do we care about that?  Well, before Sept 11, I made our final

payment way in advance for our Dec cruise.  The price of our cruise dropped almost in half, and we couldn’t take advantage of the new price.  I know this is very small, compared to the horrible tragedy that occurred, but it has caused me to be super cautious on final payments.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

We make final payment on the last possible day.  Why?  Because your price is locked.  Why do we care about that?  Well, before Sept 11, I made our final

payment way in advance for our Dec cruise.  The price of our cruise dropped almost in half, and we couldn’t take advantage of the new price.  I know this is very small, compared to the horrible tragedy that occurred, but it has caused me to be super cautious on final payments.

You can get a price drop any time before final payment DATE. It does not matter if you have paid it all. You are still eligible for the lower price before the DATE that final payment is due. 

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

This is NOT TRUE.

Your price is locked on the FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE, not the date you make your final payment.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

You can get a price drop any time before final payment DATE. It does not matter if you have paid it all. You are still eligible for the lower price before the DATE that final payment is due. 

Looks like we were typing at the same time... great minds think alike.

• Like 2

I usually pay off my cruise within a month of final, only exception is our upcoming cruises since we have 4. I paid off our March sailing already, due in Dec. For the Allure Oct/Nov sailings I will plan to pay off 1 month before June deadline and the Ovation sailings are due Jan 2021 so will clear those off probably fall of 2020. I have flights to pay as well.

30 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

That is good to know- that is not what they told us way back then 😞

This current cruise we just paid in full. The price was $1100 for my family of 4 on a 6 night cruise. Our deposit was $1000 so we just got and and left it at that.

Tonight I decided to upgrade from an inside to an ocean view room 8164 for $230, I just paid that in full to. I do not expect any further discounts for this cruise. It's really a great price in my opinion.

6 hours ago, brillohead said:

This is NOT TRUE.

Your price is locked on the FINAL PAYMENT DUE DATE, not the date you make your final payment.

so how would someone be able to tap into the lower price?   do you have to file a claim for it? (seriously asking, this is our first Royal Caribbean Cruise line cruise coming up and I am only familiar with Carnivals lower price policy where there is an online form you need to fill in to get the lower price..   how is it done with this cruise line?

1 hour ago, mosiegirl said:

so how would someone be able to tap into the lower price?   do you have to file a claim for it? (seriously asking, this is our first Royal Caribbean Cruise line cruise coming up and I am only familiar with Carnivals lower price policy where there is an online form you need to fill in to get the lower price..   how is it done with this cruise line?

Call whoever you booked through. 

• Like 1

We book ours thru our TA and will arrange final payment about a week early.  Gives me the piece of mind, in case murphy's law would kick in.   I fear that if I wait till the last day there will be something that prevents my payment from reaching RCCL.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Hmm, way in advance?

A December cruise, would have a final payment DATE in September anyway.

We usually do about a week before FP. All lines/cruises.

We do it so we won't forget. We do not do it before as there is no point to tie money earlier especially because we have  multiple cruises (up to 6) a year.

Edited by Tatka

40 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

I made our final payment 9 months in advance.

18 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So witch one is it?