Global Entry at Fort Lauderdale on Celebrity?

isdoo

Good info here, thanks. Sorry, yeah I obviously meant conditionally approved. 🙂 

Something opened up Nov 19th. Booked it, but also going to head to the airport to try for a walk-in on Friday since I work from home on Fridays. Flying / Cruising next Friday so it would be nice if for no other reason than to enjoy Pre-Check on the flights. 

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

This may have changed with rollout of facial recognition but  to get expedited treatment at Port Canaveral and Miami used to need to show actual GE card.  Having it linked to passport wasn't good enough.

When we went for the interview we happened to mention wanting to use it at PE. The agent told us to remember our cards because no port has kiosks. The port agents looked at our cards to allow us in the GE line but immigration agent only looked at the passport.

I wish Great Britain would recognize the GE at their airports especially since we allow the Brits to receive GE cards and get expedited entry into our country.    The lines at Heathrow are horrendous and they did not recognize Global Entry from US citizens.   We waited in line for almost an hour early one morning.

1 hour ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I wish Great Britain would recognize the GE at their airports especially since we allow the Brits to receive GE cards and get expedited entry into our country.    The lines at Heathrow are horrendous and they did not recognize Global Entry from US citizens.   We waited in line for almost an hour early one morning.

I am assuming your most recent visit was prior to May 2019. Things have changed for US citizens, among others,

• Like 1

Always have your GE card.  

We have renewed and been in program about 6 years without an issue.  Last entry, the darn GE machine malfunctioned.  Agent looked at card and waived us thru....easy.

But have your card even though you should not really need it.

12 hours ago, Icon901 said:

Have paid for and been approved for GE, But holy hell the interviews are booked crazy far out. January is the earliest I'm seeing in my area! Considering a walk in attempt. 

when we were approved for interviews, the closest date was 6 months out (Los Angeles)  checked the site 3 to 4 times daily, & was able to "hop frog" to dates about two weeks out for both of us.  :)   Just kept scheduling the next closest available dates.   

We were conditionally approved and signed up for appointments but we work away from home and never know where we will be. So I had appointments for Dec 23 in Milwaukee figuring we'd be home for Christmas. We ended up in North Dakota this week and my husband says check if there's somewhere here. There was at the border crossing to Canada at Pembina, ND. Made appt Monday night for Tuesday afternoon  luckily we had the time as the round trip was still quite a drive. Less than an hour later we had our approval emails.

The Customs officer said that GE would be easier to use at cruise ports that they were putting in kiosks.

6 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

The need to bring card was because there is nothing typed on physical passport to indicate you have GE.  Agents want to see proof of status before directing you to priority line.  Facial recognition may have rendered this moot.

I have a "CBP" sticker on the inside back cover of my passport, which indicates I have Global Entry. For some reason, my husband doesn't have the sticker. I wonder if it's a legacy thing (I joined GE in the first year, before they had cards), and maybe I specifically asked for the sticker on renewal whereas they don't give it by default? Not really sure and can't remember.

I guess we'll bring our cards just in case.

Last two cruises we had terrible lines - RCCL Oasis ~5 years ago in FLL, and RCCL Anthem a year ago in Bayonne. GE not available at those times/locations. Hoping the 3rd time's the charm next month on Equinox!

8 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

You can or will soon be able to use the automated passport machines. As long as you have a machine readable passport.