Havana area change

jimbo5544

On 10/27/2019 at 10:08 AM, bakersdozen12 said:

I’m really excited about this change. We sail on the Vista on 11/30, in a Havana interior. Now, if they can only change Havana rooms to be 18+ and only give Grand Suite guest access if they are 18+. That would be the best change they could make as far as the Havana access is concerned. 

My vote goes for 55 and up...

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

On 10/27/2019 at 7:36 AM, soonernstlouis said:

Here is another thought & someone else can chime in who has spent a lot of time in Havana area after 7pm:

have a lot of kids/teens (over 12 years) gone to that deck and worse have kids under 12 gone that should not?  Unsupervised kids definitely take away from the serenity & likelihood folks would repeat splurging on those cabins.

When I stayed in a Havana Vista it was not crowded at all.  At points, I wanted more people to show up because if I wanted to sit in a hot tub by myself drinking, I would have just stayed home.  

At night, it was more lively, but never crowded.  But this was one cruise.  

At the time, it wasn't open to suite guests.

On 10/29/2019 at 12:02 AM, cksv said:

I’m kind of bummed about this change as my gf and I got a lot of use out of the Havana hot tubs on our last two Vista cruises. It’s so nice back there at night with the stars, breeze, and music. On the other hand we experienced large groups of teens taking over the area on our last cruise. They were being so loud that the attendant had to repeatedly tell them to quiet down. Supposedly people from the aft cabins above were complaining. We cruise in The Haven on NCL quite a bit but wouldn’t pay the premium for the Havana. Just no comparison in my opinion on multiple levels. I did book a Excel Aft on Marci Gras though and am really looking forward to checking that out.

I am jealous. I wanted am Excel suite on our TA Mardis Gras and they were booked.  I am in a Havana room.  

17 hours ago, DryCreek said:

My vote goes for 55 and up...

Lol. How many 55 and up hang out in a hot tub or pool all day drinking? Or would want to?  I am 39 and even I can't stay in the sun all day drinking without feeling terrible the next day...nor do I even want to do this.  At some point, Carnival wants at least some of the people paying for the Havana area to use it because they need revenue from that bar.

3 minutes ago, Eli_6 said:

Lol. How many 55 and up hang out in a hot tub or pool all day drinking?

mean girls hand GIF

Booked in a Havana Cabana on the Panorama.  Me, my cheers package and a lounge chair by the Havana pool will become very close friends for the week!

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

On 10/27/2019 at 5:58 PM, Bowman1 said:

We were on the Vista in Mar 2017 and went to the Havana Pool twice around 9 PM - it was quite dead (most of the pools are at night)

We have a Family Harbor room for the Panorama in Mar 2020 - I am a little disappointed that the Havana area will be closed off, but I certainly understand why

My daughter is only 10, so it will be another 2 years before we can book a Havana Room

You can book a Havana interior room on decks 6-8 and book your daughter in the non-Havana interior next to you.  (Or you can book a Grand Suite.)  That's what we are doing on the Panorama with our boys.  They will give to kids club and we will go to the Havana area. 

This won't work on the Mardis Gras, though as all the Havana rooms are on the same floor. 

2 minutes ago, katstoy said:

mean girls hand GIF

Booked in a Havana Cabana on the Panorama.  Me, my cheers package and a lounge chair by the Havana pool will become very close friends for the week!

Lol.  I think I prematurely aged my liver from my college days.  I just can't drink all day anymore.  I had a fishbowl one day on our last cruise and I ended up falling asleep before the sun was even down and missing dinner. 

2 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

Lol. How many 55 and up hang out in a hot tub or pool all day drinking? Or would want to?  I am 39 and even I can't stay in the sun all day drinking without feeling terrible the next day...nor do I even want to do this.  At some point, Carnival wants at least some of the people paying for the Havana area to use it because they need revenue from that bar.

Holy cow!  A lightweight.

You need some conditioning!  I recommend you start right now.  Go get a case of Miller light and report to the pool.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, DryCreek said:

Holy cow!  A lightweight.

You need some conditioning!  I recommend you start right now.  Go get a case of Miller light and report to the pool.

Oh hard e har har! Don't listen to him Eli! He's just wanting to get you in trouble! Miller light will give you a headache. Natural Light is the way to go. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/26/2019 at 8:46 PM, shellster1 said:

I wonder this as well. From what I've read, the havana area doesn't get too crowded after 7:00pm since this is usually when people are eating, going to shows, etc..I have to wonder what the reasoning is to this. I've also read on the Horizon, it's already open to all ocean-suite guests, as well as they've expanded it to all aft-cabin guests. Iv'e read this hasn't been an issue though. However, opening it as a "pay-to access" area might make it too crowded. ??

I was on the Horizon in September.  Havana is NOT open to all aft cabins.  Only to those in the Havana area.

• Like 1

Well technically you don’t have to be in a cabin in the Havana area on Deck 5 (Vista Class Ships) to have access. There are several aft cabins in the Havana class on upper decks that come with all the Havana perks.

Edited by cksv

2 hours ago, cksv said:

Well technically you don’t have to be in a cabin in the Havana area on Deck 5 (Vista Class Ships) to have access. There are several aft cabins in the Havana class on upper decks that come with all the Havana perks.

Correct, I have 7459, Aft Wrap and it is Havana.

Edited by thesmiths
  • Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 12:52 PM, Eli_6 said:

Lol.  I think I prematurely aged my liver from my college days.  I just can't drink all day anymore.  I had a fishbowl one day on our last cruise and I ended up falling asleep before the sun was even down and missing dinner. 

Mai Tai ?

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 2:59 PM, Schlinger said:

Thanks !  No, I'm not familiar with the area, nor any other area of any cruise ship since I have never been on a cruise ship in my life.  I'm trying to make sense of the wealth of information on here, but not knowing the codes, lingo, layout etc, I'm mainly just erring around.  Thanks again 🙂 

You can find hundreds of YouTube videos on all the cruise ships, tours of ships decks and cabins, food etc.

Booked Havana HI Feb 29 2010, Panorama. I noticed a number of Coffees on the menu, was wondering based on Horizon or Vista cruisers what time does the bar open. We’re on deck 6 Aft, and looking for the closest location to grab AM coffee, so a quick run out the door, down stairwell..... Boom. 

5 hours ago, habsfan4ever said:

Booked Havana HI Feb 29 2010, Panorama. I noticed a number of Coffees on the menu, was wondering based on Horizon or Vista cruisers what time does the bar open. We’re on deck 6 Aft, and looking for the closest location to grab AM coffee, so a quick run out the door, down stairwell..... Boom. 

I understand that Ocean Plaza has a breakfast buffet put out, so if the bar isn't open yet, there's that.  And of course, a few more steps and there's JavaBlue Cafe.  The convenience of the Havana area, to my mind, is exceptional.  

7 hours ago, habsfan4ever said:

The bar opens mid morning, having said that, they put coffee out at the Havana Bar around 7 and there is the lite breakfast and coffee and juices on Oceans Plaza.  

On 11/4/2019 at 4:42 PM, cksv said:

And grand suites

We just booked Havana interior yesterday on an October, 2020 sailing of the Horizon.  Based on recommendations here is what I’ve done.so far & welcome others:

•Booked the last available HI room NOT on same level as Havana Bar.  I thought the convenience of just walking out of my room & around the corner to the Havana Bar/Pool would be great but I heard the late night noise is pretty bad.

*Reserved a Sea Day dinner at Bonsai  Teppanyaki since this dining option has the most limited seating

Will post on the Florida Board but if anyone knows the hotels in Miami with the best bay/port views, I would appreciate it.  Sounds like Intercontinental, Doubletree and Marriott.

Edited by soonernstlouis

9 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The bar opens mid morning, having said that, they put coffee out at the Havana Bar around 7 and there is the lite breakfast and coffee and juices on Oceans Plaza.  

If only they made omelettes at Ocean Plaza I'd never have to leave that area !!