New upsell offers

Nebr.cruiser

We had an upsell offer from a balcony to a mini a couple of weeks ago for $229pp.  Today got an offer for $129pp.  This is for a 10 day cruise.  My sisters got an offer from their mini to a full suite for $589pp for the same cruise.

Probably still not going to do it, but more tempting, especially for the mini.  

• Like 1

Looks like they really want to free up your cabin category.  Sometimes I wonder with all these upsells if they will eventually start doing 2 per sailing. First one, then another later. 

I would probably do a suite, just to try it out, but if you are sailing together, having Club Class and Crown/Sabatini's Breakfast are not helpful if only one cabin gets it 

Edited by jennybenny

I got a upsell today for my 15 day hawaiian from a premuim balcony to a mini suite 600 per person 1200 total I sent that email to the trash.

IF they want my room that has had no neighbors around me for six months (I have checked) then they are going to have to do more for me to move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

We had an upsell offer from a balcony to a mini a couple of weeks ago for $229pp.  Today got an offer for $129pp.  This is for a 10 day cruise.  My sisters got an offer from their mini to a full suite for $589pp for the same cruise.

I just wanted to say Hello to a fellow Husker! Glad you have a cruise coming up - hope it's somewhere warm as I look out the window to snow....

Just now, Daniel A said:

How far out is your cruise?

88 days. But the cruise was a gift from parents for our honeymoon. but we are paying for a wedding so the thought of spending more when we have vendors and all that comes with a wedding the offer isnt that great from where I sit. Since ive had this cruise since june when we put the deposit down.

3 minutes ago, toads45froggy said:

88 days. But the cruise was a gift from parents for our honeymoon. but we are paying for a wedding so the thought of spending more when we have vendors and all that comes with a wedding the offer isnt that great from where I sit. Since ive had this cruise since june when we put the deposit down.

Thanks, I was just curious as to how far out Princess starts offering upsells.  Congratulations!!

7 hours ago, toads45froggy said:

I got a upsell today for my 15 day hawaiian from a premuim balcony to a mini suite 600 per person 1200 total I sent that email to the trash.

IF they want my room that has had no neighbors around me for six months (I have checked) then they are going to have to do more for me to move.

I got the same offer for our January Hawaii cruise.  I immediately sent a email back to my travel agent saying: no thank you! Not very generous  with those upsell  offers.  

Edited by nycruiser2006

10 hours ago, Nebr.cruiser said:

So a total of $260 for a 10 day cruise for an upsell from a balcony to a mini?!  Yes, every day of the week.  The additional bathroom space that has a tub is worth that, plus the sitting area with a sofa.  I can’t imagine turning that down.

8 hours ago, amypete said:

I just wanted to say Hello to a fellow Husker! Glad you have a cruise coming up - hope it's somewhere warm as I look out the window to snow....

Hi to you!  Kind of a tough year for our FB team.  No snow here yet, but probably soon.  We are near Norfolk.

Cruising to the Panama Canal and then another cruise in Jan., so yeah, at least some time out of the cold.

Received an upsell for our cruise to HI next week.  Moving from a mini to a full suite for $899/pax.  About two weeks ago we had the same upsell but for $1499/pax.  I do believe they need a mini in an oversold situation.  We declined both offers.  

Are the prices for the upgrades a better deal than if you would have booked the higher category to begin with?  On Royal Caribbean I was offered to bid on an upgrade 3 times before the cruise. However, I had priced out the next the two higher categories, deluxe balcony and Jr suite at the time I booked the cheapest standard balcony. If I would have bid the lowest amount I would have been paying more than if I had booked the higher category to begin with.  Plus I could have picked the location if I had booked it from the get go. Sure the lowest bid was a deal if I was comparing to current pricing but not if paying the price at the time I booked.  I probably would have won the bid at the lowest offer because the last offer came 3 days before sail away.  

5 hours ago, Crystal04 said:

I just got a ridiculous offer for $799 per person for a inside to a balcony for a 10 day on the Crown. I think it was a mistake.

I got one for $699, that would have made my total fair higher than available minis. I was pretty insulted that they would think I'm that stupid. 

• Like 1

We took an upsell from a balcony to a suite once for $799 pp for a 10-day cruise. I did it because we had paid very little originally for our cruise (under $400) and figured we'd never get another opportunity to sail in a suite. I wonder if Princess would let you combine the offers and move per saltum from your balcony to a suite.