Black Friday + Winter promotion: 1 free perk for "Sail" and "Sail Plus"

mikkelhansen

4 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

I did a couple of mock bookings and see no additional charge for drink package.

Question:  for a non-refundable deposit, if you book under this $25 deposit promotion then you would only be out about $25 if you cancelled? Versus a $900 non-refundable deposit where you would have to pay the much larger change fee if you cancelled? Or would they come after you for more money if you cancelled/changed? I can't see anything in fine print regarding that.

So to answer my own question, I called Celebrity and was told you'd only be out the $25 per person vs $100. As the rep said "a much better deal." 

On 11/25/2019 at 6:37 AM, vtcruising said:

The other thing I noticed was that we are only allowed to book one cruise with the $25 deposit. Is that normal? I've booked at $20 and $25 deposits before, but can't remember if I have booked more than one at those deposit rates.

I booked three cruises last year during a $25 deposit sale, so this must be the new “normal”.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

The more I think about this deal, it’s a terrible offer for a Black Friday sale. Compare this to what they offered on Veterans Day, it’s a let down. Just not booking right now.

Agree, I didn't think much about it until I saw some other lines and their offers:

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/4799/

1 hour ago, Joeghartman said:

The more I think about this deal, it’s a terrible offer for a Black Friday sale. Compare this to what they offered on Veterans Day, it’s a let down. Just not booking right now.

I don't think it's that bad. The Veterans Day deal didn't apply to anything in 2021, and there is no $14/day bev package charge. 

All depends on what you were looking to book. I booked a January 2021 Apex cruise that was not covered in the Vet's Day deal, and only have $25pp on the hook. 

mac_tlc

Edited by mac_tlc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

I don't think it's that bad. The Veterans Day deal didn't apply to anything in 2021, and there is no $14/day bev package charge. 

All depends on what you were looking to book. I booked a January 2021 Apex cruise that was not covered in the Vet's Day deal, and only have $25pp on the hook. 

mac_tlc

I am eventually booking a june 2020 cruise on the apex and don’t drink. I guess it just proves how each sale hits a different market.

I called my TA last night and asked for two 2021 bookings to be moved to the BF promotion. A couple of hours ago I got an e-mail back:

Hello Mikkel,

We are contacting you regarding your Celebrity Apex cruise sailing on April 24, 2021. At this time, the Black Friday sale is for new bookings only and therefore, can not be applied to existing reservations.

In regards to the beverage package, we are still in the process of reviewing this request and will provide a response within 48 hours. 

Please let us know if you have any additional questions or concerns.

Anyone else experienced this? I believe (or rather hope!) that they just misunderstood the reduced deposit part not being applicable for existing reservations. I don't want a reduced deposit (I already have paid full standard deposit for both cabins), I just want the extra perk , and have written back to them about this - but has anyone before heard about a promotion that was indeed only applicable for totally new bookings, ie. existing booking couldn't be re-priced to the new promotion?

As the last resort, I guess I could cancel the booking and book it again? With NRD, the 100$pp penalty shouldn't apply if booking on same ship AND same sail date, right?

9 hours ago, slanik said:

I rebooked our Feb 2021 Apex cruise this morning.  With the Black Friday sale we saved $540, got 3 perks instead of 2 and additional $200 OBC.  For us it was great savings.

Related to my question above, did you indeed REBOOK (ie. cancel existing booking and book again with new reservation#) or did you just have your existing reservation RE-PRICED? If it was re-priced, I believe my booking should be able to be re-priced to the BF promotion as well.

1 hour ago, Norwaylady said:

@mikkelhansen is this offer for all markets? Like the nordic countrys? 

The black friday offer don't helps us, since we want to book a cruise in 9.may2021 but the offer that starts in december solves that.... 

The Nordic office also runs the BF promotion, but with them you get the beverage package and wifi for free (prepaid gratuities are always included in the base price in the Nordic countries) and 500DKK per person deposit (i suppose it would be 650/700NOK per person). I don't know if they'll run a Winter promotion like the one mentioned in this thread, but they'll probably run some sort of promotion, but I don't know the perks yet.

2 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

As the last resort, I guess I could cancel the booking and book it again? With NRD, the 100$pp penalty shouldn't apply if booking on same ship AND same sail date, right?

I'm pretty sure that if you cancel the booking the $100 WILL apply.

but has anyone before heard about a promotion that was indeed only applicable for totally new bookings, ie. existing booking couldn't be re-priced to the new promotion?

Usually in my experience in UK,  however I once booked 2B cabin as there were no 2A available. 2A then became available after final payment in USA. My final payment was due at 8 weeks out as I had booked direct with Celebrity. I argued my case, but was still not allowed to change to the 2A, which was for new bookings only, BUT the agent said she could do better and transferred us to 1A  at a LOWER PRICE than the 2A.

It seems that they go my the rules of the offer of the day.

Edited by upwarduk

18 hours ago, koolforkatz said:

So to answer my own question, I called Celebrity and was told you'd only be out the $25 per person vs $100. As the rep said "a much better deal." 

I agree but if you click on their cancellation rules it states they MAY charge up to 25% of the full cruise price after the day you book.  Now we have been told this is a computer glitch so why do they leave it in?   Very unsettling. I would attach it but not sure how to.

Edited by If only

Just booked a 10 day Equinox ABC islands cruise for Sept 2020.....was on the EQ for the 11 day Southern Caribbean...hump cabin..the cruise this fall is around $700 cheaper when all the perks are figured in.  Went with all 4 and have $500 OBC...

Now to see what the "big box" will offer me for it.  🙂

Edited by PTC DAWG

30 minutes ago, If only said:

I agree but if you click on their cancellation rules it states they MAY charge up to 25% of the full cruise price after the day you book.  Now we have been told this is a computer glitch so why do they leave it in?   Very unsettling. I would attach it but not sure how to.

I saw that, figured it was a typo...I suppose they could go after the CC you used to reserve the original cruise if they wanted to...I don't see them doing that...here's to NOT having to cancel.  

23 hours ago, mikkelhansen said:

Anyone else experienced this? I believe (or rather hope!) that they just misunderstood the reduced deposit part not being applicable for existing reservations. I don't want a reduced deposit (I already have paid full standard deposit for both cabins), I just want the extra perk

To answer my previous question - I got an e-mail from the TA yesterday afternoon WITH the updated perks, and still at the same price. So they may have just misunderstood me when I called them.

In other words, existing bookings CAN be repriced to the Black Friday promotion!

22 hours ago, If only said:

Agree and I see today's date as the start of the penalty period at 25% so I didn't finish my booking - no "may" in the wording.

I wouldn't worry too much about the incorrect information on the website.  As we have seen lately Celebrity most times will refuse to honor things displayed and refers to the invoice for the "contracted" agreement.  Also the T&C for this and other "deals" are pretty specific about how NRD are handled.

Here is what my invoice says regarding a non-refundable deposit.

The minimum deposit for this reservation is Non-Refundable. A change fee of 100 USD per guest will apply for ship or sail date changes.

image.thumb.png.6131f7c469c86ba6bcd492a34d296079.png

I also would never confirm a booking on their website.  I might place something on a 24hr hold, but then I always call and discuss the details and deposit on the phone.  Then I always have them send me the invoice and review BEFORE I hang up.  I always note the person I spoke with and the time as they record all calls.

Edited by wrk2cruise
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wouldn't worry too much about the incorrect information on the website.  As we have seen lately Celebrity most times will refuse to honor things displayed and refers to the invoice for the "contracted" agreement.  Also the T&C for this and other "deals" are pretty specific about how NRD are handled.

Here is what my invoice says regarding a non-refundable deposit.

The minimum deposit for this reservation is Non-Refundable. A change fee of 100 USD per guest will apply for ship or sail date changes.

image.thumb.png.6131f7c469c86ba6bcd492a34d296079.png

I also would never confirm a booking on their website.  I might place something on a 24hr hold, but then I always call and discuss the details and deposit on the phone.  Then I always have them send me the invoice and review BEFORE I hang up.  I always note the person I spoke with and the time as they record all calls.

I am just the opposite since I work with contracts and T’s and C’s daily.  So, I want to see everything in writing up front.  But I was able to check solo pricing which wasn’t great 😕

• Like 1

I think about booking the non-refundable rate with the current $25 deposit - can I name the second person later so that I really only have to pay the $25 if I cancel the cruise?

And I don't see the point for paying $100pp when I change the cruise to a different day - I would just book a new one instead and then cancel the other.

8 hours ago, UniPac said:

I think about booking the non-refundable rate with the current $25 deposit - can I name the second person later so that I really only have to pay the $25 if I cancel the cruise?

And I don't see the point for paying $100pp when I change the cruise to a different day - I would just book a new one instead and then cancel the other.

Yes. I booked as soon as the ad came out. I just entered my hubby's info today. 

On 11/28/2019 at 7:50 AM, LEtue said:

Agree and I see today's date as the start of the penalty period at 25% so I didn't finish my booking - no "may" in the wording.

I asked the online people today about that same thing on a cruise I’m thinking about and they confirmed it’s not correct, they messaged the correct cancellation dates and confirmed it would only be the $25 deposit lost should I cancel.. I saved the message thread just in case...