What's your favorite non-specialty menu item?

8 minutes ago, lusyrsgirl said:

Haven't sailed RCL in a while - do they make anything particularly outstanding that I shouldn't miss, not in a specialty restaurant? For instance, I love Carnival's lava cakes.  

Well, I have a few of my favorites....(1) crab cakes.  They are usually an  appetizer, so I just order two orders or three and skip the main entree that night.  Get a baked potato with it and I am good to go.  (2) pork medallions. I enjoy them a great deal.  (3) chocolate chip cookies, NOT the sugar free variety.  Often I ask my waiter at dinner to get them for me for dessert.  Typically they bring 4-6 and I share with table or take back to cabin.   We generally enjoy the food in the main dining room.   The only specialty restaurant that is a 'must' for us is Izumi on the ships that have her.

Edited by Paulette3028
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, lusyrsgirl said:

Haven't sailed RCL in a while - do they make anything particularly outstanding that I shouldn't miss, not in a specialty restaurant? For instance, I love Carnival's lava cakes.  

Room service is pretty good and they don’t cheat on the servings.

The hamburger royal and some of the Asian dishes on room service menu I think is some of the best food.

If you’re in a suite your can order just about anything and it’s there in no time flat.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lusyrsgirl said:

These were found using the search term "favorite":

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2704200-favorite-rci-desserts/?do=findComment&comment=58607550

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2638107-favorite-foods-on-rccl/?do=findComment&comment=56866177

I love Carnivals Lava cake.   Wish RC had similar.    

On NCL they had awesome wings and pretzel bites. Made that my late night snack many times.  Lol.  

I’ll be watching for some RC tips. 

• Like 1

On 1/11/2020 at 6:55 PM, DaniDanielle said:

Asian pork tacos

I have seen pics of these, and they are often listed as a fave.  So I am going to try these on our cruise in May.  It looks like a big serving for just an app.  I may have to share.

1 hour ago, elaineb said:

I have seen pics of these, and they are often listed as a fave.  So I am going to try these on our cruise in May.  It looks like a big serving for just an app.  I may have to share.

I usually get one for the app and one for the main course.  They are two tacos on the smallish side but very filling after four!!!

• Like 1