Mini suite picture from Island

Bdnclc

Does anyone have pictures of a mini suite on Island they can share?  I am wanting to see what the main area of the cabin and the shower looks like.  

Upgrade fairy came and like to know if should take a mini suite

35 minutes ago, Bdnclc said:

Does anyone have pictures of a mini suite on Island they can share?  I am wanting to see what the main area of the cabin and the shower looks like.  

Try Google for photos.

1 hour ago, Bdnclc said:

The shower is in the large bathtub. It is a deep tub so  you have to be able to step into it. I had no problem but if someone has mobility issues, won't be good for them.

A nuisance about the tub is that the shower gel/shampoo dispensers are far out of reach if you are sitting in the tub.  I did have a bar of soap so that was okay, but you also cannot reach the on/off and temp control from sitting position.  

I'm thinking more of person who has had a knee replacement if an issue for getting into shower.  Good mobility but certain movements or lifting leg over tub can be a challenge depending on tub style.

21 minutes ago, Bdnclc said:

I'm thinking more of person who has had a knee replacement if an issue for getting into shower.  Good mobility but certain movements or lifting leg over tub can be a challenge depending on tub style.

That's why you sit in the edge and spin in, and then stand up.

And why we don't book minis.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

You don't have the luxury of time to decide on an upgrade in this manner.  Others will scoop it up, assuming the price is attractive, and by the time you call after making inquiries and looking at photos, there probably won't be any left for the taking - sorry to say.  Most people posting about getting an upgrade were lucky to jump on it as quickly as possible.

Edited by Steelers36

9 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

You don't have the luxury of time to decide on an upgrade in this manner.  Others will scoop it up, assuming the price is attractive, and by the time you call after making inquiries and looking at photos, there probably won't be any left for the taking - sorry to say.  Most people posting about getting an upgrade were lucky to jump on it as quickly as possible.

This one is a free upgrade I received notification late yesterday.  So today either calling back to say no or keeping.  Only issue was tub and how forward the cabin is.  Never had a mini suite before.  

1 hour ago, Bdnclc said:

This one is a free upgrade I received notification late yesterday.  So today either calling back to say no or keeping.  Only issue was tub and how forward the cabin is.  Never had a mini suite before.  

After booking a mini-suite, the wife and I have found it hard to go back to a balcony.  The extra space and larger bathroom is very nice.  I would jump on it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Oh, sorry about that.  How nice to get a free one!!  A lot of them are upgrade offers for extra charges.  I'd give it a try for sure.  Sometimes it can be difficult to get the old cabin back.

Edited by Steelers36

I booked a mini suite for my cruise next year, but my wife doesn't know about it yet.  :classic_smile:  She thinks it's just a regular balcony cabin.  I decided to surprise her with it since it'll be our 25th anniversary.  So I am very grateful to see the pictures!  Thank you, Essiesmom!

• Like 1

We do like the mini's for longer trips.   Only problem I have found is , again, the bathtub.   I've noticed that the sides of the tub at the bottom have a bit of a curve to them.   So unless you have long legs and can step up and into the middle of the tub you might be stepping on the sides.   Never really felt comfortable  standing in them taking a shower.   The bathroom itself is a much larger room.   

19 hours ago, Bdnclc said:

Go to cruisedeckplans.com

• 4 weeks later...

Curious now that I read about the height of the shower. I had read somewhere that there are showers available in the spa and wondering if a person is allowed to use them if they are too tall to use the mini suite shower?

10 hours ago, Kenge1 said:

Curious now that I read about the height of the shower. I had read somewhere that there are showers available in the spa and wondering if a person is allowed to use them if they are too tall to use the mini suite shower?

My husband is 6' 7".  He's used to ducking under any shower.  He's never complained about the mini suite shower height.  

50 minutes ago, Grammy J said:

We have booked a mini on the Emerald, for the first time.  Is the shower head removable so it can become hand held? Thanks!

Pretty sure that's a no.  I've been on mini's on Crown, Emerald, Caribbean, and Island.  From my recollection 100% identical crown/emerald/caribbean.  The only notable difference between the Island and the others was that they wall-mount larger TV's on the wall rather than use the top shelf of that half-circle shelving unit (I'm sure there's a word for it but I don't know) in the middle of the room. I considered this an upgrade because it meant larger TV's, more storage space available on the shelves due to the lack of TV's, and a couple unused power ports on the top shelf which are used for the TV's on the  grand ships.  Otherwise identical.

• 1 year later...
On 1/28/2020 at 9:42 PM, Essiesmom said:

D707 Island Dec. 16-20, 2020

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

enhance

Essiesmom -

I know this post is from a long time ago but we have currently booked this cabin for a portion of the World Cruise in 2024 so will be in it for a long time.

We chose it because deck plans show that it has a covered balcony.

Is that correct?

Also, any chance the balcony is oversized (9x9)?

Thank you!