Jump to content

MR happy cruiser


greyhound1950
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, greyhound1950 said:

😊 Black tie nights on p&0 Criuses.

Glad to see p&o have reduced black tie nights and remembered Guests come on cruises to relax.

Hi....what have they reduced them to....on our up and coming cruise it still shows 2 per week as they have always been

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, janny444 said:

Hi....what have they reduced them to....on our up and coming cruise it still shows 2 per week as they have always been

We are the same, 2 formals on a 7 night cruise. Just had an email to that effect so no change from the norm as far as I can see?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have just been informed that for our next cruise on Aurora there will be 3 formal nights and 9 casual nights.I am happy with the numbers and as long as they  dont reduce the number of formal nights to less than one a week that is fine with me.On our recent Cunard cruise there were 3 formal nights on each translantic section of the cruise and I found that too many.I would be disappointed if P and O did away with formal nights altogether but its difficult to have them regularly if increasing numbers of people choose not to take part.As someone has suggested it might be good if P and O had distinct options for the ships e.g Aurora and Arcadia formal and Iona and Britannia more relaxed and emphazised the  different choices in their advertising literature

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think the basic problem P&O have is that Carnival keep supplying newer bigger ships which need filling.  It impossible to fill their increased fleet with traditional cruisers and a new take on their product is necessary.  Iona has moved the goal posts to attract newcomers who tend to look at price/number of nights and book without any idea of what they are getting or not getting.  Formal nights typically have an upgraded evening menu and if this can be removed another saving in the bag.The overall problem will be in the long term of people booking the wrong ship and eventually being disappointed.

 

A friend at work who has never every cruised previously asked me about cruises and I went through the basics and finally said stick to P&O, Princess or Cunard.  She has booked CMV Marco Polo as the travel agent recommended the cruise.  I am now waiting.

 

Lol John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, greyhound1950 said:

😊 Black tie nights on p&0 Criuses.

Glad to see p&o have reduced black tie nights and remembered Guests come on cruises to relax.

Could you please elaborate, is this based on a recent cruise ?

If so what ship were you on, the length of your cruise and when ?

Edited by P-L-B
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Azura in April is 4 formals.

I do find the questions they ask in the post cruise survey contradictory. One asks something about dressing up. Another asks about relaxing on holiday and not having to worry about what to wear. Well I like to dress up in the evening but wear very casual clothes in the day time. The question really needs to be specifically about the evening dress code IMHO.

Cathy

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Denarius said:

I have just received an email from P&O informing me that there will be 3 black tie evenings on my 14 night Canary Islands cruise on Ventura in April. This is consistent with earlier posts on this thread.

Are you on the 4th April cruise Denarius, we are also on that.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Denarius said:

I have just received an email from P&O informing me that there will be 3 black tie evenings on my 14 night Canary Islands cruise on Ventura in April. This is consistent with earlier posts on this thread.

Our cruise has 3 sea days / 5 port days / 1 sea day / 2 port days / 2 sea days. That probably means a black tie evening during each period at sea, which is logical. Could P&O be (sensibly) fitting black tie evenings where they naturally fall rather than deciding how many they must have and then fitting them in? This could explain the variation cruise to cruise, which may not be ship dependant.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, john watson said:

 

A friend at work who has never every cruised previously asked me about cruises and I went through the basics and finally said stick to P&O, Princess or Cunard.  She has booked CMV Marco Polo as the travel agent recommended the cruise.  I am now waiting.

 

Lol John

 As a first timer she will have nothing to compare it to. My sister did the same, despite my 30 odd cruises and recommendations to her she chose CMV and thought it was great! (But then she would say that wouldn’t she!) 😂

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Deeliteful said:

 As a first timer she will have nothing to compare it to. My sister did the same, despite my 30 odd cruises and recommendations to her she chose CMV and thought it was great! (But then she would say that wouldn’t she!) 😂

 

This would have been the best cruise she has ever been on!

 

Regards John

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...