FULL 2021 STILL NOT RELEASED

8 hours ago, OBSESSIVEWORLDTRAVELER said:

What possible reason would NCL have for not releasing all of 2021 yet when Carnival and Royal Caribbean already released theirs? If the competition puts their itineraries out first, they potentially will get the reservations first. Anyone else annoyed or frustrated?

Carnival also did not post the full 2021 schedule. Right now, Carnival has no cruises out of New York for 2021 and there is another port with no cruises in 2021

I noticed in the past, Carnival usually releases the full schedule between December and January so it seems odd for them to release so late. I am waiting for Carnival New York 2021 schedule and hoping NCL releases the Bahamas NY cruises for 2021 too

Edited by shof515

Usually in the past NCL was the first to put long distance bookings out there .... They have no 2022 cruises at all yet, besides one Hawaii. Carnival, Princess, Celebrity, Royal all have some already. Strange ....they must be brainstorming how to squeeze even more dimes out of everyone before posting these 2021 and 2022 cruises.

I would rather wait than book an itinerary that will change. My last two cruises had itinerary changes that were disappointing at best. My cruise insurance coverage for port changes has decreased considerably(1200 last year, $750 now)

I don't know if that is just for NCL with all of their changes or for all lines.

From May 2021-December 2021, NCL has 58 cruises listed, Carnival has 147 listed, and Royal Caribbean has 188 listed. Using the word "all," was a bit dramatic . Especially since theoretically a cruise line can add itineraries whenever they want to. So we may not know that all have been released at any given time. Along with maybe Carnival and Royal Caribbean are bigger cruise lines and may have more listed for that reason. But I guess I tend to overdue it when it comes to planning trips. I plan on paper three years in advance with regions of the world with possible cruises, train trips, road trips, bus trips, and guided land tours. Though I may not be able to book that far in advance, I do like to have a plan A, B, C, and D. I really need to relax. I'm driving myself crazy. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

It could seem like the Fall/Winter 2021 Caribbean itineraries might be released within the next few days.

Three October 2021 itineraries for Norwegian Sky out of Miami have just been released, literally within the last few hours. They are available on NCL's official European website and the US, I suppose), but still not with the two US online TAs I compare with for reference.

Edited by mikkelhansen

NCL lately has been moving their fleet around exponentially more than Royal or Carnival does. I think this correlates to a slower release of schedules. It's a bit more logistics to move ships not to mention crunching the numbers on when and which. 

For example - Bliss has been out for 2 years but has done trips out of 4 home ports (not including several one offs), but Royal's newest ship Symphony has been in service about the same time but only out of Miami (not including the TA).

6 hours ago, smplybcause said:

For example - Bliss has been out for 2 years but has done trips out of 4 home ports (not including several one offs), but Royal's newest ship Symphony has been in service about the same time but only out of Miami (not including the TA).

the problem with Symphony is her size. most ports can not accommodate a huge massive size the size of Symphony nor do they want a 5k+ passenger capacity ship.  The Bliss being slightly smaller and less passenger capacity  then the Symphony helps with being more flexible.

Edited by shof515

4 hours ago, shof515 said:

the problem with Symphony is her size. most ports can not accommodate a huge massive size the size of Symphony nor do they want a 5k+ passenger capacity ship.  The Bliss being slightly smaller and less passenger capacity  then the Symphony helps with being more flexible.

While that has some to do with it, that's not the only reason. There's 3 other ports on the east coast that can handle an Oasis class. Plus, if you look at their other ships they don't move around a lot either. Mariner and Navigator haven't moved since their refurb. Freedom will be in PR only for 3 years straight. 

I don't know all their ships off the top of my head, but from what I've seen Royal just doesn't move their ships around like NCL does. Pride of America is the only NCL ship I can think of that's been in the same home port for the last 12 months. 

I spoke with a member of the CruiseNext team on my cruise last week. He told me they likely wouldn't release the 2021/2022 schedule until closer to the end of this year. He said it had to do with the new Leonardo class ships - possibly waiting to confirm whether they'd be in service?

21 hours ago, TrueNorth74 said:

I spoke with a member of the CruiseNext team on my cruise last week. He told me they likely wouldn't release the 2021/2022 schedule until closer to the end of this year. He said it had to do with the new Leonardo class ships - possibly waiting to confirm whether they'd be in service?

WOW - I hope that's not true! We're 9 people planning a cruise in the Caribbean, preferably out of Port Canaveral or Tampa, around November 2021-January 2022, and we need to consider and apply for vacation days at work, find a week where everyone is available etc. That would not be easy less than a year in advance.

I was just looking at cruises out of Miami for Dec. 2021 and the Pearl is listed but the prices are ridiculous.  They want $825 for an insided cabin for 5 nights on the Pearl!  Come on NCL, have you lost your mind.  The Pearl is a 2006 ship and definitely not worth $825 for a five night cruise for an inside cabin! 

2 hours ago, ready2cruzagain said:

I was just looking at cruises out of Miami for Dec. 2021 and the Pearl is listed but the prices are ridiculous.  They want $825 for an insided cabin for 5 nights on the Pearl!  Come on NCL, have you lost your mind.  The Pearl is a 2006 ship and definitely not worth $825 for a five night cruise for an inside cabin! 

thats because of the fake 30% off sale promo that NCL is doing. i do not understand their logic of increasing the prices to where no one will book it .