RCL Stock

heidikay

2 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

South African doctor that discovered the new variant says it is extremely mild. The sky is falling politicians are crying WOLF before they know the facts.

They are trying to take advantage of a good crisis before it fizzles out. Who knows when they will have another opportunity.😏

• Like 1

Keep in mind the following:

1) Stock is way oversold short term- good for a bounce near term (see: MFI and RSI)

2) Even if new variant is nothing- you still have Delta- the worst one and nowhere near done.

3) Balance sheet is garbage

4) Inflation is always worse than reported because they/government do not factor everything into it- just like unemployment.  At some point interest rates have to go up- and then stocks go down.

5) Booking are not that impressive, and some ships are still "parked."

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Guessing you missed the $21 dip😉

I  missed it. Think I bought a little at $76. Oh oh. Well tomorrow we will see a bounce even if it's a dead cats bounce. No I'm not giving stock advise, I was watching the futures for tomorrow. Dead cat bounce in the cards. 

9 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I  missed it. Think I bought a little at $76. Oh oh. Well tomorrow we will see a bounce even if it's a dead cats bounce. No I'm not giving stock advise, I was watching the futures for tomorrow. Dead cat bounce in the cards. 

I bought early March 2020 at around $40, sold that summer, I think in mid 60's. I have no stomach for volatility

Good Morning.  Hope everyone bought some Friday before close. Looking like we are back on the upswing. With good volume making this move up.

We should get a good sense of where this will be for the day after the hectic 30 min opening of market's

image.thumb.png.4f859f86d50e6728b0288f1f0c163291.png

Any amount of shares purchased and sold at a profit is good. Not sure why there has to be a min amount one need's to purchase.

"All in" for some ppl might be 100K worth of stock while to someone else 1K might be all in.  If you make a profit this is a good thing.

Edited by alexgtp

We live in a world where stock prices are growing more and more detached from the underlying company value. As long as the numbers keep going up, people are going to make a lot of money. At least on paper. I wish the best of luck to everyone playing this game. 

Me, I’m sitting out. But I’m sure at some point I’ll be tempted to jump in. I’ll be sure to post here when I do as a warning to others. Because you can be sure as soon as I do, things are crashing down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alexgtp said:

Good Morning.  Hope everyone bought some Friday before close. Looking like we are back on the upswing. With good volume making this move up.

We should get a good sense of where this will be for the day after the hectic 30 min opening of market's

image.thumb.png.4f859f86d50e6728b0288f1f0c163291.png

Any amount of shares purchased and sold at a profit is good. Not sure why there has to be a min amount one need's to purchase.

"All in" for some ppl might be 100K worth of stock while to someone else 1K might be all in.  If you make a profit this is a good thing.

I don’t know if there is a minimum, or if there is, what it is. I do know it’s not 100, or at least it wasn’t when I first started many, many years ago, it was referred to as “odd lot” and it meant you can buy whatever number you want, and it didn’t have to be in a multiple of 100. At times it took awhile, because there had to be a seller that was willing to do it. I’m guessing it was someone who had odd numbers of shares through a stock split or dividend reinvestment.

• Like 1

It certainly doesn't look promising to the market. 

Over the past 3.5 trading sessions, 11/24-11/30/21, the Daily Short Volume (not to be confused with bimonthly Short Interest) has been quite indicatively bearish.

The cruise industry cannot take a 'suspension of cruise resumption' for governmental reactions to new variants.  DELTA alone put a real bump in the reservations and short term cruising; pushing whatever dollars were deposited out in late 2022 and thereafter.  In the meantime, the lower (non-holiday, and post enthusiast rebounders) capacity sailings during the disclosed expensiveness of restarts doesn't bode well for at least the next two quarter endings.

A suspension, just as an example, via extension of the CSO with restrictions updated for DELTA and OMICRON, or terribly worse, a guidance to 'pause,' would be quite negative.

Short Volume / Total Volume (FINRA)

STOCK.JPG.930c0e27d02503a65f8c035d9fa6a16f.JPG

18 minutes ago, At Sea At Peace said:

Over the past 3.5 trading sessions, 11/24-11/30/21, the Daily Short Volume (not to be confused with bimonthly Short Interest) has been quite indicatively bearish.

Do we even know what bearish means in the stock market anymore, especially when it comes to shorts? 

4 minutes ago, zekekelso said:

Do we even know what bearish means in the stock market anymore, especially when it comes to shorts? 

Probably not in the traditional and/or fundamental sense.  The extent of day trading, retail participation and influence, etc. certainly has added new features of the market.  It also holds a hedge against inflation over cash especially during times of massive government involvement; spending and fed market buying influence.

We'll see the Short Interest reported on December 15th.

2 hours ago, Baron Barracuda said:

Raw short numbers can't be taken at face value.  

No such inference that such should was made.

Royal has convertible debt outstanding.  Debt holders can hedge their risk by shorting stock against their long bond position. 

As do they (big three) all, at safety under their boxed conversion.

Options traders might similarly short stock to hedge an options position.

Likely minimal, but correct.

BTW, the daily short sales volume was presented and essentially 'qualified,' and simply presented as a current FYI.  It was not presented as a dictum of a confirmed and undiscerned attribute in conclusive finality.  

• Haha 1

TUI Group has reported its key figures for fiscal year 2021. According to the report, the group made revenue of 27 million euros in cruises, which is 445.6 million less than during fiscal year 2020.

TUI Group owns three cruise brands: Germany-based TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises and the UK-based Marella Cruises.

TUI Cruises had 1,227,000 passenger days in 2021, Hapag-Lloyd Cruises had 114,000 passenger days, while Marella Cruises had 153,000.

The group explained that TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises have been operating a partial fleet since July 2020. This was made possible by Germany’s decision to permit cross-border travel in EU states and Schengen Area since summer 2020. The UK, in contrast, only permitted cruise vessels to resume from May 2021, almost a year later, which impacted Marella.

Average daily rates for TUI Cruises were 132 euros, 514 euros for Hapag-Lloyd and 124 British pounds for Marella, a little less than 174, 641 and 149 euros respectively in 2019 (the last full operational year before the pandemic-induced break).

TUI’s cruise segment also reported an underlying EBIT loss of 277.5 million euros (322.3 million euros loss in the previous year, including impairments of 150 million euros).

“The operational loss, taking into account previous year’s impairments, reflects a full year of partial operations by TUI Cruises and Hapag-Lloyd Cruises and Marella only in operation for the final quarter of the financial year versus a prior year which benefitted from five months of normal operations pre-pandemic,” the group wrote.

According to the report, occupancy rates ranged between 39 and 45 percent across TUI’s cruise brands in FY2021, with an element of capped occupancy requirements still in place by some destinations during the course of the year.

Fourteen ships out of the total fleet of 16 (including the new expedition class Hanseatic spirit) were in operation as of Sept. 30, 2021, TUI Group wrote.

TUI Group Reports Cruise Numbers for FY2021 - Cruise Industry News | Cruise News

• 4 weeks later...

MIAMI – January 4, 2022 - Royal Caribbean Group (NYSE: RCL) (the “Company”) today announced that it has priced its private offering of $1,000,000,000 aggregate principal amount of 5.375% senior unsecured notes due 2027 (the “Notes”). The aggregate principal amount of Notes to be issued was increased to $1.0 billion. The Notes will mature on July 15, 2027. The Notes are expected to be issued on or around January 7, 2022, subject to customary closing conditions.

The Company intends to use the proceeds from the sale of the Notes to repay principal payments on debt maturing in 2022 (including to pay fees and expenses in connection with such repayments). Pending such uses, the Company may temporarily apply the proceeds to repay borrowings under its revolving credit facilities or other borrowings.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/884887/000110465922000989/tm221412d1_ex99-1.htm

• Like 1