RCL Stock

heidikay

21 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

Yes, Pfizer just came out with a statement that they can produce the vaccine for the new variant Omicron in 100 days and would need FDA approval. 

I think we are apples and oranges. When you said something to combat it, I was talking about medicine to stop people from getting so ill, not vaccines. 

I mentioned mercks med for keeping people out of the hospital, though the news is disappointing that now its only 30%, not 50% they can keep from needing hospitalization.  .. but yes I'm aware of what pfeizer said about how long it will probably take to tweak the booster. I just got the booster this week lol. 

I own some merck so follow that merck is helping pfeizer produce the vaccine even. I'm a nut about stocks and follow them much too closely. I've just learned to not over react until we find out more about the new variant. I tell my mom not to watch if she gets upset every sell off. 

Once we know more in about 2 weeks then we can make rational decisions. New variants though cant be good for cruise bookings. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, livingonthebeach said:

Ouch....there's hope though -- the stock will probably go back up after Pfizer comes up with something to combat it.  

Exactly.  Then short the next news/strain, buy after the news gets old, repeat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

LOL! I could have predicted this drop.

I bought my 100 shares for the OBC bonus last week (when it was the 52-week high). Every time in my life -- this is now the third time --  I've purchased an individual stock, it has subsequently plummeted.

I really need to stick to mutual funds and stay away from the stocks that I like.

Next time you buy stock, please let us know🤣

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

I bought my 100 shares for the OBC bonus last week (when it was the 52-week high). Every time in my life -- this is now the third time --  I've purchased an individual stock, it has subsequently plummeted.

I really need to stick to mutual funds and stay away from the stocks that I like.

Don’t feel bad, anybody who has done any amount of trading over a longer period of time, has had this happen to them.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

I guess this just might be the start of things to come. This sucks !

https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-declares-state-emergency-hike-074026369.html

“ and while the new Omicron variant has yet to be detected in New York State, it’s coming,” Hochul said.”

Thank goodness we don’t prepare for afternoon thunderstorms or hurricanes in that manner.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, bruzin_for_a_cruizin said:

You could become a millionaire selling short.....

Edited by taglovestocruise

20 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

“ and while the new Omicron variant has yet to be detected in New York State, it’s coming,” Hochul said.”

Yeah, and this is why it's coming.  Cases in Belgium but no travel restrictions to/from Belgium???????? 

President Joe Biden announced Friday that travel to the U.S. from South Africa and seven other countries in the region would be restricted beginning Monday.

[snip]

It has been detected in South Africa, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Lesotho, Eswatini, Mozambique and Malawi, Israel and Hong Kong. The first European case has been identified in Belgium.

Perfect time to buy this.

After hours ticking up. .57 Cents. Volume is trending.

Like clockwork anytime it dips on bad news is shoots right back up and will move independent of any news.

But given a good catalyst, and BOOM.

When they come out with a booster  that covers this "NEW" variant, and they will. Watch this go back to over $72. When we get back to 100% sailing should rest comfortably in the $95-1$00. If it gets back to it's Glory days of +$125 , you are literally getting this for a steal

Look at the 1 month 1 day over the last year.  It is a thing of beauty and consistency.  

image.thumb.png.9de6300a4b76deb549d6a2b16a0e34ef.png

I loaded up before close yesterday and will probably swing this for the next couple weeks.

I loaded up on this back in March when it hit under 22.12 a share. And have been enjoying the ride ever since.

Happy trading.

Edited by alexgtp

2 hours ago, alexgtp said:

Perfect time to buy this.

After hours ticking up. .57 Cents. Volume is trending.

Like clockwork anytime it dips on bad news is shoots right back up and will move independent of any news.

But given a good catalyst, and BOOM.

When they come out with a booster  that covers this "NEW" variant, and they will. Watch this go back to over $72. When we get back to 100% sailing should rest comfortably in the $95-1$00. If it gets back to it's Glory days of +$125 , you are literally getting this for a steal

Look at the 1 month 1 day over the last year.  It is a thing of beauty and consistency.  

image.thumb.png.9de6300a4b76deb549d6a2b16a0e34ef.png

I loaded up before close yesterday and will probably swing this for the next couple weeks.

I loaded up on this back in March when it hit under 22.12 a share. And have been enjoying the ride ever since.

Happy trading.

Do you really deeply believe this or just blowing smoke? A true believer would load up on it, not just a few shares. if this new strain is for real, Pfizer has said they would have a vaccine, hopefully in 100 days, if true the stock is closer to $50 rather than $90. 
Loading up, like you mentioned, means something different to everybody.

Loading up to me, at that price would be 1,000 minimum, anything less than that would be a sign of indecision.

What part of the ride to you enjoy the most, the ride up to almost, or slide to the current price?

Personally, I wouldn’t touch any cruise line stocks, I have concerns about the current product and all the upper management skills especially the way they handled, or should I say did little, or nothing, to get back to sailing during the pandemic. Even more important, I don’t care because I don’t have to take any more risk, I’ll be good no matter how things turn out.

Time will tell.

Only time will tell..

48 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Loading up to me, at that price would be 1,000 minimum, anything less than that would be a sign of indecision.

Time will tell.

Only time will tell..

Few of us have $70,000 + to buy a 1000 shares.  I put money into the top three cruise line stocks a year ago, it has been a nice ride up and will wait until Royal stock is over a $100 to sell.  Purchased 1 share of Tesla same day for under 480.00,  it had a 5 for 1 split several months ago and is now worth over $5000. I will hold Tesla until it hits 2000 a share and think of selling. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Now I’m really confused…What does this mean?….a) the sky is falling, b) the sky fell and will continue to remain fallen, c) if you’re not scared yet you could/should/won’t/can’t be scared, or d) more news - decipher as desired?

12 hours ago, yogimax said:

Looks like "Boast & Brag" is back in full force.

This is the internet. Everyone invests like Warren Buffet and looks like Brad Pitt. 😉 

Now, let me tell you about the two holes-in-one I shot last time I played golf.  

Maybe I should change my screen name to TranscendentTiger. 🤔

(So what it was at Putt-Putt.)

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Of course New York shuts down cancer and other treatments NOW so people die that cant get important elective surgery before we know how dangerous this new variant is. .. 

I'm reading it is less dangerous and less hospitalizations... but let's shut down and panic NOW. The fear mongering from those who need tv attention is no accident. 

And yes I got my booster and feel safe. Hope the hospitals here wait for scientific information. 

S. Africa is supposedly puzzled by our overreaction. 

The Times of India, a media outlet previously very skeptical of Big Pharma, is reporting from the South African Medical Association that officials are puzzled about the hype around Omicron. The variant has only produced mild symptoms in regional patients with very little impact. JOHANNESBURG: “The new Omicron variant of the coronavirus results in mild disease, without prominent syndromes, Angelique Coetzee, the Chairwomman of the South African Medial Association told sputnik news on Saturday.” … “We will only know this after two weeks. Yes, it is transmissible, but for now, as medical practitioners, we do not know why so much hype is being driven as we are still looking into it.” (read more) Occam’s Razor – The new variant is being hyped because international governments need it to be hyped.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Few of us have $70,000 + to buy a 1000 shares.  I put money into the top three cruise line stocks a year ago, it has been a nice ride up and will wait until Royal stock is over a $100 to sell.  Purchased 1 share of Tesla same day for under 480.00,  it had a 5 for 1 split several months ago and is now worth over $5000. I will hold Tesla until it hits 2000 a share and think of selling. 

The post was in reference to the $22 he paid when he “loaded up”. 

15 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Good for you. This wouldn’t make my top 100 of good deals.

• Haha 1

The way I look at it is as another buying opportunity as it will certainly go back up again.  Remember during lockdown when it went down to $19.50?  Well after the slide on Friday, it's at $68 - a pretty good profit from the lows. 

I strongly believe that when the panic subsides and this new Omicron variant figured out, the stock will head back up again. The oceans are not going away anytime soon and neither is people's desire to travel. 

3 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

The way I look at it is as another buying opportunity as it will certainly go back up again.  Remember during lockdown when it went down to $19.50?  Well after the slide on Friday, it's at $68 - a pretty good profit from the lows. 

I strongly believe that when the panic subsides and this new Omicron variant figured out, the stock will head back up again. The oceans are not going away anytime soon and neither is people's desire to travel. 

It only becomes a profit is you actually sell it, otherwise it’s just a number.

True believers would be foolish if they didn’t jump in with both feet. 100 shares means $4850, minus fees, profit, not hardly worth the effort, 1000 shares means $48,500, something worth getting out of bed for. Go big or go home.

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Of course New York shuts down cancer and other treatments NOW so people die that cant get important elective surgery before we know how dangerous this new variant is. .. 

I'm reading it is less dangerous and less hospitalizations... but let's shut down and panic NOW. The fear mongering from those who need tv attention is no accident. 

And yes I got my booster and feel safe. Hope the hospitals here wait for scientific information. 

S. Africa is supposedly puzzled by our overreaction. 

The Times of India, a media outlet previously very skeptical of Big Pharma, is reporting from the South African Medical Association that officials are puzzled about the hype around Omicron. The variant has only produced mild symptoms in regional patients with very little impact. JOHANNESBURG: “The new Omicron variant of the coronavirus results in mild disease, without prominent syndromes, Angelique Coetzee, the Chairwomman of the South African Medial Association told sputnik news on Saturday.” … “We will only know this after two weeks. Yes, it is transmissible, but for now, as medical practitioners, we do not know why so much hype is being driven as we are still looking into it.” (read more) Occam’s Razor – The new variant is being hyped because international governments need it to be hyped.

This piece in reuters supports contention that new variant appears less virulent.  If markets concur Friday's losses could be quickly reversed.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/safrican-doctor-says-patients-with-omicron-variant-have-very-mild-symptoms-2021-11-28/

1 hour ago, Baron Barracuda said:

This piece in reuters supports contention that new variant appears less virulent.  If markets concur Friday's losses could be quickly reversed.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/safrican-doctor-says-patients-with-omicron-variant-have-very-mild-symptoms-2021-11-28/

South African doctor that discovered the new variant says it is extremely mild. The sky is falling politicians are crying WOLF before they know the facts.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, livingonthebeach said:

I agree, RCL's stock will certainly go back up again but the question is when? Will it be six months, one year, two years or more? The Dow peaked before the Great Depression in August of 1929. It certainly surpassed that peak again, but it took until 1954 to do it. RCL peaked in late 2004 at about $43 and it took until 2014 to get back to that price. Will patience may be a virtue this time as well? I don't know, my crystal ball is in the shop. 

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Haha 2