What will you do with the OBC being offered by carnival for certain cruises

geckoaz

3 minutes ago, geckoaz said:

By now you have seen carnival cancellation thread but if you take the OBC what will you use it for? Ours is $200 and we haven't decided. 

I previously booked the Chef's Table.  The OBC will cover that.  In effect it will cover the first 200.00 of whatever I spend and in my mental budget that's about 400.

It really doesn't matter in the end - my bill will simply be 200.00 less.

We never get the alcohol plan because we only have maybe one or two drinks a night.  The OBC will come in handy covering our drinks.  I also usually get a couple of T-shirts and play a little on the slots.  I am very happy with the unexpected credit.

• Like 1

i have 200 dollars for my cruise in may. i already prepaid the gratuities, i booked my private excursions. i can not drink..i am sailing on the legend which does not that many places to spend money compare to other ships

8 minutes ago, shof515 said:

i have 200 dollars for my cruise in may. i already prepaid the gratuities, i booked my private excursions. i can not drink..i am sailing on the legend which does not that many places to spend money compare to other ships

If your ship has a chef's table, try and do it! Or something else you normally wouldn't splurge on like a massage or other spa treatment.

Edited by amyotravel

11 minutes ago, WorkerBee74 said:

Drank.  Obvs.  

😄

Yes.  It was money I was already going to spend so I'll be "saving" $200.  

Or I might just buy a few more expensive drinks than I would have originally. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, shof515 said:

Treat yourself to the steakhouse

46 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I would totally get a massage then! Or use it to pay gratuities and get a refund and put $200 towards your next cruise.

Unfortunately we've pre-paid gratuities and already purchased the drink package. So this + the $195 of OBC I've already received for the price drop will most likely go towards photos. It's my bachelorette, so I'm giving myself the freedom to buy ALLL the photos haha. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, xostacylee said:

Unfortunately we've pre-paid gratuities and already purchased the drink package. So this + the $195 of OBC I've already received for the price drop will most likely go towards photos. It's my bachelorette, so I'm giving myself the freedom to buy ALLL the photos haha. 

Sounds like a win win, enjoy

11 minutes ago, xostacylee said:

You can remove prepaid gratuities and get a refund and use the OBC towards that, if you wanted. Otherwise, enjoy the photos 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

We never get the alcohol plan because we only have maybe one or two drinks a night.  The OBC will come in handy covering our drinks.  I also usually get a couple of T-shirts and play a little on the slots.  I am very happy with the unexpected credit.

Yes, slots!!!

• Like 1