Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

Great news P&O official Twitter feed. “In light of the Coronavirus situation, we are reviewing our current transfer & cancellation policies to offer greater flexibility for our guests. Details will be available within 48 hours. For sailings within 48 hours please call us on 03453 555 111 to discuss your options”.

4 minutes ago, Bedruthen said:

Edited by Gazroberts80

Excellent news from P&O’s official Twitter feed “In light of the Coronavirus situation, we are reviewing our current transfer & cancellation policies to offer greater flexibility for our guests. Details will be available within 48 hours. For sailings within 48 hours please call us on 03453 555 111 to discuss your options.”

37 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

To be honest it’s not a pleasant thought being trapped in a cabin for two weeks but I refuse to live my life in fear of what might happen.

My thoughts entirely - wont be cancelling any cruise we have booked.

• Like 2

Just been trying to figure out what we would actually do should p&o offer to move my cruise. 

the one we have now was £2900 in school holidays and we wanted Canaries

if we try again for canaries in school holiday is August ‘21 and it’s £4800. 

3 minutes ago, staygulf said:

It will probably just fall in line with Princess’ cancellation policy. Giving future cruise credits but not refunds. 

That will do for us... 

Gutted we will miss our cruise, but can't put Michelle at unnecessary risk, she has already barricaded herself in the loft with 400 toilet rolls and a bucket of hand sanitiser....😊

Hopefully we can go when it all settles down... 

Andy 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AndyMichelle said:

That will do for us... 

Gutted we will miss our cruise, but can't put Michelle at unnecessary risk, she has already barricaded herself in the loft with 400 toilet rolls and a bucket of hand sanitiser....😊

Hopefully we can go when it all settles down... 

Andy 

Suits us too. Not worth messing with our loved one’s health.  Our Princess cruise was cancelled and we put the 25% FCC against a New England no fly cruise next year. If we get an FCC for our upcoming Canaries cruise we’ll probably use it against another Fjords or Med cruise. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, staygulf said:

Suits us too. Not worth messing with our loved one’s health.  Our Princess cruise was cancelled and we put the 25% FCC against a New England no fly cruise next year. If we get an FCC for our upcoming Canaries cruise we’ll probably use it against another Fjords or Med cruise. 

I'm fancying the Fjords again, haven't been for a few years. 

Andy 

3 hours ago, Gazroberts80 said:

Excellent news from P&O’s official Twitter feed “In light of the Coronavirus situation, we are reviewing our current transfer & cancellation policies to offer greater flexibility for our guests. Details will be available within 48 hours. For sailings within 48 hours please call us on 03453 555 111 to discuss your options.”

I will reserve judgement. A review of the Carnival and Princess policy changes reveals that they are couched with caveats. They currently only apply to sailings up to the end of May. With Carnival, you also have to use the FCC by the end of March  2021 - so not really that flexible in the grand scheme of things. Interestingly there is no mention of a "use by date" for the FCC with Princess.

My guess is that P&O will take the same route so if your cruise is after the end of May you will still be in limbo. We have a July cruise with final  balance payment due in the next week or so. Still in a quandary what to do.

Edited by arlowood
Clarity

Quick question, out of ignorance as we book directly with P&O. We pay our balance 90 days before departure but travel agents often require payment quite a bit earlier. Are TA’s showing flexibility and allowing final payments at the P&O cut off rather then theirs? 

In the last few minutes the government has issued new travel advice against non essential travel to all of Italy and anyone travelling back to the UK from anywhere in Italy should self isolate for 14 days. I guess that means more itinerary changes and more passengers who will not be able to join their cruise. 

18 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Quick question, out of ignorance as we book directly with P&O. We pay our balance 90 days before departure but travel agents often require payment quite a bit earlier. Are TA’s showing flexibility and allowing final payments at the P&O cut off rather then theirs? 

In the last few minutes the government has issued new travel advice against non essential travel to all of Italy and anyone travelling back to the UK from anywhere in Italy should self isolate for 14 days. I guess that means more itinerary changes and more passengers who will not be able to join their cruise. 

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all but essential travel to Italy, due to an ongoing outbreak of coronavirus (Covid-19) and in line with various controls and restrictions imposed by the Italian authorities on 9 March.

It also has insurance implications, I believe, and may provide a get-out for some people looking for one.

15 minutes ago, Selbourne said:

Not quite right. You've only got to self isolate if you're returning from one of the original cities that was on lockdown in northern Italy. Everywhere else in Italy, you only need to self isolate if you've got symptoms. 

9 minutes ago, cruisenewbie1976 said:

Not quite right. You've only got to self isolate if you're returning from one of the original cities that was on lockdown in northern Italy. Everywhere else in Italy, you only need to self isolate if you've got symptoms. 

I believe that was the previous advice, which has changed in the last hour, hence my comment (from Sky News). It was ‘Breaking News’ so is an evolving story, so worth fact checking in the morning. Apologies if I may have inadvertently mislead. 

Edited by Selbourne