Buying RCL Stock

from Forbes today.

Royal Caribbean stock has fared worse than the broader markets through the current crisis but it is possible that it could bounce back strongly and potentially outperform as the crisis winds down. For perspective, the stock rose 320% between March 2009 and January 2010, compared to a 48% rise for the S&P – bla bla bla .....

Conclusion

Greetings, We are now watching the prices for RCCL. We bought 100 shares of Carnival the beginning of the week, already lost $1000, but in it for the long haul. We are not "stock" people, this is our first attempt, but interested since we have seen the higher value of them in the last year.  It may take a few years, but we are confident that they will bounce back.

7 hours ago, pepsigirl64 said:

Greetings, We are now watching the prices for RCCL. We bought 100 shares of Carnival the beginning of the week, already lost $1000, but in it for the long haul. We are not "stock" people, this is our first attempt, but interested since we have seen the higher value of them in the last year.  It may take a few years, but we are confident that they will bounce back.

Don't be too fast buying RCL stock.  Just looking at the next month outlook for the industry it is not good.  The stock has little chance of increasing in the next month.  More than likely it will decrease.  It is down 77% for the year and closed down over 30% yesterday.  Pre-market trading have it trading up right now but don't let that fool you.  It is probably a small bounce back from being hammered this week.

The past few Fridays have had a slight bump. The slaughter has been occuring on Mondays from what I can see.

Princess and Disney are sidelining ships. I can't fathom that cruise line stocks have bottomed out yet.

7 hours ago, fred30 said:

Don't be too fast buying RCL stock.  Just looking at the next month outlook for the industry it is not good.  The stock has little chance of increasing in the next month.  More than likely it will decrease.  It is down 77% for the year and closed down over 30% yesterday.  Pre-market trading have it trading up right now but don't let that fool you.  It is probably a small bounce back from being hammered this week.

After Royals announcement today of no us sailings for the next 30 days the stock jumped 6%. 

7 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

After Royals announcement today of no us sailings for the next 30 days the stock jumped 6%. 

Both the Dow & S&P 500 rose 9.3% today, thus RCL's 6.8% rise.

That's why Royal waited until the market almost closed for the day for the announcement...

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NavyCruiser said:

That's why Royal waited until the market almost closed for the day for the announcement...

Actually, they halted RCL trading before the announcement and it didn't resume trading until postmarket.

z13997c0azd48920b9f4bf4876af914db597e1cec2.png

Edited by Another_Critic

10 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Not trying to start anything but that font and color is really difficult to read on a cell phone.

On my laptop the font and color is fine.

Thank you, Have a nice day.

Edited by pepsigirl64

3 minutes ago, pepsigirl64 said:

Not trying to start anything in return, but it is not my problem that you are on a cell phone.  I have posted nearly 900 times, using the same font and colors.

Have a nice day!

One of the unknown side effects of drinking too much Pepsi.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, pepsigirl64 said:

Thank you, Have a nice day.

You’re laptop and our cell phones are a different animal . If you want to communicate effectively it takes two . 

Edited by ssb
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cruisinfanatic said:

You don't care if anyone (a large percentage) on a cell can easily read your posts?

Hard to read on Ipad also, but I have seen a few posters that use these, so I normally just skip over them. But look what happens when you copy and paste...doesn’t change the color, but it does change the font.  Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Thank you, Have a nice day

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, NavyCruiser said:

We got emails and texts from RCL cancelling our cruise at exactly 5:43pm PST.

Our first thought was..."Oh Snap, we can't even call...they're already closed".........smart.

We do have a financial advisor that helps me with retirement stuff and 401K 's but I didn't realize you got on board credit by being a share holder so it may be something I want to look into but not sure how to purchase them on my own or whether you need to go through someone else. If we cruise enough our investment could pay for itself whether the stock market crashes or not.