P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone.  Apart from it pouring with rain it’s going splendidly.  We did manage a brief dog walk though.  No 10k steps today!

Haven't opened any presents yet.  Listening to Junior Choice on Radio 2.  Lots of memories!

This later.  Have a lovely day everyone

30827E42-483C-4BF0-A11D-97219F290D1C.thumb.jpeg.ad8ea5cbdb8229b1064ce2b371435ec9.jpeg

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Nadolig Llawen to you all. I think C might have decided to visit this house at long last! My husband has just been for a PCR after a close colleague tested positive yesterday. He’s been feeling rough all week but all LFTs have been negative. We won’t visit my parents tonight as a precaution. Never mind. Worse things happen at sea! 

Happy Christmas Ardennais.

I hope your husband's PCR test is negative and he starts to feel better soon.

Graham.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Eddie99 said:

Thanks for all the birthday wishes everyone.  Apart from it pouring with rain it’s going splendidly.  We did manage a brief dog walk though.  No 10k steps today!

Haven't opened any presents yet.  Listening to Junior Choice on Radio 2.  Lots of memories!

This later.  Have a lovely day everyone

30827E42-483C-4BF0-A11D-97219F290D1C.thumb.jpeg.ad8ea5cbdb8229b1064ce2b371435ec9.jpeg

Strange looking turkey... 🦃😊

Looks amazing, enjoy. 

Andy 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Hi Merry Christmas everyone.
Reading through the posts I see one of the topics was "setting the table" which 
I think takes me around ten minutes .I thought I would have a go at clearing the 
table but ended up knocking a plate off the table and crashing into the wall so I
will not try that again in a hurry .
I hope you all got nice things for prezzies My wife asked for some Tina Turner 
pyjamas for Christmas. I didn't get her the pants, just simply the vest. :classic_wink:
This time of year makes us think of Christmases of yesteryear and how kids presents
 of today compare to back then. My parents didn't have much money when I was

young. One Christmas my mates all got a  chopper bike but I just got a bat and ball.:classic_mellow:
To be fair the ball was alright. The bat was pretty  useless though - it just hung upside

in my wardrobe all day. We were so poor when I was growing up that my dad bought

me an air guitar for Christmas, not that I would complain .My friend's family  was even

less well off, so he asked if he could have my old one!!!:classic_smile:
I hope you are lucky enough to have a Christmas gathering this year enjoy it .
It's tradition in my family meet ups that we always have a Christmas jumpers.
It's always my job to talk them down again, too much brandy  .:classic_unsure:
Thinking back to when baby Jesus was born in Bethlehem did they check baby's

weight ? I'm sure they did as they had 🎶 A Weigh In A Manger 🎶:classic_love:
Wishing you all a happy healthy Christmas ,stay safe guys :classic_biggrin:142404449_christmascat.gif.6d725af598b19b1f179ed76c33f150e9.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 14

40 minutes ago, Ardennais said:

Nadolig Llawen to you all. I think C might have decided to visit this house at long last! My husband has just been for a PCR after a close colleague tested positive yesterday. He’s been feeling rough all week but all LFTs have been negative. We won’t visit my parents tonight as a precaution. Never mind. Worse things happen at sea! 

Sorry to hear that the C word may be visiting you.  

Take care

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Host Sharon said:

Happy Christmas everyone. Weirdly, I had the best night's sleep since my surgery and didn't wake up till 9.30!  I think Santa is trying to tell me something though since, most of my prezzies were food and drink! 🙂

Happy Christmas Sharon.

Graham x

Screenshot_20211225_110836.jpg

6 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

Friends know us well. I have had bottles of gin and brandy and Freddie (the dog) lots of balls. A perfect combination IMO. 😀

Sprouts only need another 2 hours and they’ll be ready!

x

Thats the ticket. I have obligingly trotted the dogs about 400 yards and back just so I can feel walkies can be ticked off the list (if I had one) Its eleven am brandy coffee time if ever it was and a nice chewy whatsit for the 3 low riders. The book wasn't so good after all and I'd spotted the murderer by page 35. My nose now is deep in NYPD Blue season 6 where for some unknown reason they have just killed off Jimmy Smits character. 

1 hour ago, Adawn47 said:

Good morning everyone and a Merry Christmas. 

The turkey crown  has been in the oven since 7.30am and I've just finished preparing 2lb sprouts. Love, love, love sprouts.  Bubble and squeak tomorrow😋

fairly quiet christmas for us, Our grandson and daughter are coming for dinner  (all LFT's negative🤞) so there will be 6 of us around the table instead of the usual 4. Waiting for them to arrive and then we'll open the prezzies.

Have a wonderful Christmas Day my friends, and I shall look forward to all the silly posts later. T.T.F.N🥂

Avril. x

Blimey Avril - how big is the crown that it has to go in a 7.30 am?  Ha ha.  Mine is going in at 5pm to serve at 6.30.   Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

Oh, sorry for your day

🤞it’s negative … although I’m back in “Well, if we’re all going to get it …” mode

1 hour ago, Host Sharon said:

Happy Christmas everyone. Weirdly, I had the best night's sleep since my surgery and didn't wake up till 9.30!  I think Santa is trying to tell me something though since, most of my prezzies were food and drink! 🙂

Must have missed that Sharon.  What was the surgery for.  I am still recovering from my hip fracture with total hip replacement.  10 months and still hurts!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

Any space or science buffs out there may find this of interest. The James Webb space telescope has lifted off earlier.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-59782057

Watched the launch live earlier on NASA website. What will it discover in the years ahead?

• Like 2

Well Christmas Dinner is over for another year with only 1 minor error,  I forgot to switch on the steamer 🤭 so the yorkshire puds and roasties were ready before the vegetables but they survived being kept warm in the oven until the veg were cooked.

Chilling now with a second glass of fizz.  Enjoy your dinner hopefully cooked by someone who can remember to cook everything to ready at the same time.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Well Christmas Dinner is over for another year with only 1 minor error,  I forgot to switch on the steamer 🤭 so the yorkshire puds and roasties were ready before the vegetables but they survived being kept warm in the oven until the veg were cooked.

Chilling now with a second glass of fizz.  Enjoy your dinner hopefully cooked by someone who can remember to cook everything to ready at the same time.

It's not Christmas unless you get something wrong!  Starting mine at 5pm.

Dinner done. I think if 6 others came round I could have fed them but the low riders will soon get that dealt with over the next few days. Brother just emailed to say he can't wait until 2nd January and can I tell SIL he is not a real misery. He is hiding in the summerhouse to escape her wrath as he was daft enough to tell her that and she is a Christmas devotee. I have suggested he grovels big time.

The Great Canadian Baking Show season 5 will fill the afternoon with some very nice fizz and a pile of doggies on the sofa with me.

Edited by ccpm

25 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Christmas late lunch over for another year.  Very nice Turkey, Yorkshire pud, roast pots, sprouts, roast parsnips, cauliflower cheese, cabbage,  washed down with a chilled rose wine. Sat with a brandy and port, isn't life good !

Similar here, without the cauli though, we did have pigs in blankets which I could make a meal of. Sat relaxing with Greatest Christmas songs ever on the one eyed monster, contemplating breaking the Talisker out.

• Like 2