P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Just catching up, hope all are well.

Sarah and Michelle I hope you feel better soon. Your Platinum Puddings looked brilliant.

I enjoyed the Jubilee concert especially the Drone show and Paddington with the Queen! I loved her tapping the saucer in time to Queen. I thought Rod Stewart had the most dodgy vocals! I was also worried about Diana Ross and those steps!

The pageant on Sunday was wonderfully bonkers and how sweet is Prince Louis ! When the Queen came out onto the balcony I felt a bit emotional, I wonder how many more times we’ll see her.

John worked all four days so no celebrations for us! This weekend we’re hosting a lunch party for my Mum’s birthday so looking forward to that!

• Like 7

1 minute ago, P&O SUE said:

Just catching up, hope all are well.

Sarah and Michelle I hope you feel better soon. Your Platinum Puddings looked brilliant.

I enjoyed the Jubilee concert especially the Drone show and Paddington with the Queen! I loved her tapping the saucer in time to Queen. I thought Rod Stewart had the most dodgy vocals! I was also worried about Diana Ross and those steps!

The pageant on Sunday was wonderfully bonkers and how sweet is Prince Louis ! When the Queen came out onto the balcony I felt a bit emotional, I wonder how many more times we’ll see her.

John worked all four days so no celebrations for us! This weekend we’re hosting a lunch party for my Mum’s birthday so looking forward to that!

Felt exactly the same as you re the Jubilee concert and the Pageant.

I hope your Mum enjoys her birthday.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

That is very pretty and clever. You should do craft fairs 

Michelle

Thank you.  I wish I had the time.

I bowl at least 3 times a week, I knit, sew and crochet, I do a small amount of voluntary work and I meet up with friends at least once a week.  Some of my family and friends ask me to make cards for them if they need something a bit different than those in the shops. 

Someone once told me that the way to stay young was to stay busy.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

Afternoon peeps

not been on here much as I’ve been working loads. 

I might have made the mistake of booking too many holidays 

now you can never have too many I say but when you have to pay for all said holidays then there definitely is. What have I done 🤦‍♀️

we have cruise in November then in April then Disney Florida in May. 4 in 14months. 

so I’ve just finished work, now at the gym trying to get Disney fit then pick the kids up and make a chilli for dinner. 

nice to see all the regular faces on here still. Sure I’ll start bombarding questions in October time. 

have a great week 😎

It's good to hear from you again.  Disney will be great  we loved it when we went.

17 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It's good to hear from you again.  Disney will be great  we loved it when we went.

hopefully. Lots have said the magic is gone but I need to take the kids while they are little. 

it will have been 4 long years since we last went. 

• Like 3

Morning all, hope everyone is fit and well or on the road to recovery.

Forecast is for sunshine and showers, well we've had the sunshine and it's now raining.

Off to meeet a friend for our weekly catch up at the local garden centre this afternoon, but other than that nothing planned.

Enjoy your day.

• Like 3

I thought that I would have a nice quiet day after I  had been to Tesco but as soon as I got home the optician rang so I now have to go back to town at 3pm to pick up my new glasses.

Take care everyone and I hope that you all have better weather than the heavy showers that we have at the moment.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 3

It was raining earlier here but nice and sunny now and feels warm. I am sat in the conservatory and it’s too hot even with doors open.

Been doing normal house hold jobs this morning. Picking my mum up this afternoon and having a trip out even if it’s only coffee somewhere. Lytham Hall has a nice coffee shop in a nice setting so maybe there.

Going to Boundary Mills tomorrow as my mum wants a new summer jacket, don’t think I have been there for about 10 years

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Vampiress88 said:

hopefully. Lots have said the magic is gone but I need to take the kids while they are little. 

it will have been 4 long years since we last went. 

We went into Hollywood Studios and Animal Kingdom in January (we have non-expiry tickets so sometimes just use a day) and they were still full of people seeming to be having a good time, but there is definitely a lot to get your head around with the new systems.  I'm sure you are up to the challenge 😉.  You could spend some of your cruise 'down time' researching and planning - you know it's fun once you have got your head around it 👍.

Very changeable weather here - from blue sky and really warm to full-on summer downpour in 5 minutes.  It was our group walk this morning, so we spent quite a bit of it lurking under trees and the rest wishing our waterproofs weren’t so uncomfortable 🙄

Petrol is getting ridiculous isn’t it?

02969920-FB8F-45E4-B111-1D22115090D6.jpeg.023718ca9fd32a66321bf08a58de0907.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Very changeable weather here - from blue sky and really warm to full-on summer downpour in 5 minutes.  It was our group walk this morning, so we spent quite a bit of it lurking under trees and the rest wishing our waterproofs weren’t so uncomfortable 🙄

Edited by Josy1953

1 hour ago, Eddie99 said:

Can I use my brother as payment, I have been trying to find a use for him since I was born 🤞😇

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, Eddie99 said:

Gone from 161.9 to167.9 here in the last 10 days, the pice of diesel is eye watering, it’s no wonder food prices are rising given the increased cost of transport to bring it to market. To think only 2 years ago petrol dropped below a £1 a litre. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Gone from 161.9 to167.9 here in the last 10 days, the pice of diesel is eye watering, it’s no wonder food prices are rising given the increased cost of transport to bring it to market. To think only 2 years ago petrol dropped below a £1 a litre. 

Our son rang home last night from a lorry park near Northampton .He decided to top 

his fuel tanks up and the cost was just short of £900 . That will last him around 1- 1/2 

days tops and we wonder why prices keep going up .

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Our local garage was 188.9 when I passed this afternoon!😲

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

Currently 170.9 at Sainsburys and 172.7 at Asda. 

I have a meeting with dealer on Saturday, as my PCP deal comes to end in January, but there is a lead time if 6 months on a new car. I will be shopping around for best deal, currently looking at hybrid options, but wondering how much it would cost to get electricity from house consumer unit to garage around 40m away, for charging of either PHEV or a EV car. 

1 hour ago, purplesea said:

We drove past Morrisons in Penzance on Monday. 180.4. today 182.4. I will need to fill up tomorrow. It will probably have gone down by then.🤣

2 minutes ago, zap99 said:

We drove past Morrisons in Penzance on Monday. 180.4. today 182.4. I will need to fill up tomorrow. It will probably have gone down by then.🤣

It is normally cheaper at Morrisons, Sainsburys and Tesco's in Penzance than here! I normally get petrol when I head that way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

It was raining earlier here but nice and sunny now and feels warm. I am sat in the conservatory and it’s too hot even with doors open.

Been doing normal house hold jobs this morning. Picking my mum up this afternoon and having a trip out even if it’s only coffee somewhere. Lytham Hall has a nice coffee shop in a nice setting so maybe there.

Going to Boundary Mills tomorrow as my mum wants a new summer jacket, don’t think I have been there for about 10 years

Have a nice day everyone 

Michelle

Their 10% off starts tomorrow with their leaflet Michelle.

We get regular mailshots for the Boundary Mill at Shiremoor Newcastle.

Register at the help desk and they should give you a temporary card.

Graham.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

Local Morrison's was £170.7p for petrol yesterday and £175.7p today.

Local Tesco was £185.7p for petrol.

6 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Local Morrison's was £170.7p for petrol yesterday and £175.7p today.

Local Tesco was £185.7p for petrol.

It's all relative Graham. If diesel has gone up by 5p a litre and I need 40 litres to fill up, that's 2 quid. If DW skips pudding on Friday night.....sorted🤣

• Haha 5

37 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Their 10% off starts tomorrow with their leaflet Michelle.

We get regular mailshots for the Boundary Mill at Shiremoor Newcastle.

Register at the help desk and they should give you a temporary card.

Graham.

Thanks for that Graham, I will ask 

Michelle

• Thanks 1