P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, davecttr said:

I logged on at about 5.50 and I was 119,707 in the queue. Currently 41,714. If there are no decent slots left I will just not bother and have fish and chips instead, or buy something from Sainsbury's

We will just pop down to the shops clutching DW's list. .. If it's like last year it seems every flipping day and the list doesn't get any shorter.

2 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

The weather this morning is exactly as it was on 15th November 1980.  I can still hear my dad in my head asking why we didn't choose a summer wedding.  We are going out for a nicemeal to celebrate tonight.

I have a morning in the pharmacy, this week we are only doing mornings which is to be expected now that most people have been vaccinated so that is good.

Have a great day everyone.

Enjoy your special day.🥳

Tesco Christmas slot fixed first thing this morning, along with others here.  We’re still unable to shop normally, so that’s a relief! Waitrose will be providing the non-basics, but their stock problems have been annoying lately. They do an extremely thin cut bacon that nobody else sells, but it seems to be permanently out of stock. They’re one of only two supermarkets selling the all butter Jus-Rol puff pastry for the sausage rolls, but fortunately that was in stock. Constant struggle to get that for some reason.

Our favourite, Aldi, does at least do Click and Collect now, so that’s another option. Much better quality overall than Tesco these days, but I can’t see them going down the delivery route. Unprofitable.

• Like 3

Well having eventually secured the cranberry’s I have spent this morning sterilising jars and boiling them up,

We are now well on the way to having PORT and cranberry sauce for Christmas.

I make two batches, one being sugar free for those that need this. I couldn’t get my usual sugar substitute but the new one seems fine. To be honest the difference in taste between that and the sugary version is very little, a slightly more caramel taste and colour from the dark brown sugar.

While I am on a roll I might do the brandy butter this afternoon and then all ready to hand out.

Well coffee break over, off to clean more jars.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, kalos said:

I just asked Mrs K if we had booked ours ,she said no as we are already booked in with 

Morrisons . Because we have a yearly delivery  pass we were invited mid October to book

our Christmas slot. Any bits we want from Tesco we will drop in and get and if all that 

fails ,we will use Zapps emergency plan ,use the chippy 😉

We were the same with Asda and got to book in advance. it quite a nice perk for the annual pass.

We were on a cruise ship and I was still up after midnight the day it opened up so sat there at 12.45 ordering the sundries for Christmas delivery (the Turkey on order already).

• Like 2

Hadn't planned anything today, except to get my Christmas Tesco delivery booked, but my daughter arrived at my door at 7.30 am to pick up her medication that she had forgotten. She is at present house sitting for her sister who's on holiday and was going to get the bus back, but as we were sitting here chatting it was getting darker and darker so said I would give her a lift back. Stopped at Asda en-route, which is where we were when the heavens opened! Driving along the lanes was more like driving in and across rivers due to all water draining out of the fields and surface water, only to get home for the sun to come out!!

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hadn't planned anything today, except to get my Christmas Tesco delivery booked, but my daughter arrived at my door at 7.30 am to pick up her medication that she had forgotten. She is at present house sitting for her sister who's on holiday and was going to get the bus back, but as we were sitting here chatting it was getting darker and darker so said I would give her a lift back. Stopped at Asda en-route, which is where we were when the heavens opened! Driving along the lanes was more like driving in and across rivers due to all water draining out of the fields and surface water, only to get home for the sun to come out!!

I’ve lived in various places since I was a kid, but nowhere have I come across rain like Cornish rain, combined with the wind. I remember beautiful summers on the beaches, but VERY rainy winters!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Tesco Christmas slot fixed first thing this morning, along with others here.  We’re still unable to shop normally, so that’s a relief! Waitrose will be providing the non-basics, but their stock problems have been annoying lately. They do an extremely thin cut bacon that nobody else sells, but it seems to be permanently out of stock. They’re one of only two supermarkets selling the all butter Jus-Rol puff pastry for the sausage rolls, but fortunately that was in stock. Constant struggle to get that for some reason.

Our favourite, Aldi, does at least do Click and Collect now, so that’s another option. Much better quality overall than Tesco these days, but I can’t see them going down the delivery route. Unprofitable.

M&S still have all butter puff. It's the only one close enough for me after Asda and Sainsbury stopped selling it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, happy v said:

M&S still have all butter puff. It's the only one close enough for me after Asda and Sainsbury stopped selling it. 

Thanks - I could get that from Ocado if I could bring myself to use them again. Waitrose also do one, but the Head Chef informs me that it’s not as good as the Jus-Rol all butter.

A couple of years back we had to use the ordinary version. Never again. Makes a huge difference to home made sausage rolls - sausages supplied by a proper butcher. After years of buying supermarket sausages, even from Waitrose and M&S, we discovered that by comparison with real butchers’ sausages (choose carefully!) they’re all pretty dull and bland. And they deliver!

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Harry Peterson said:

Thanks - I could get that from Ocado if I could bring myself to use them again. Waitrose also do one, but the Head Chef informs me that it’s not as good as the Jus-Rol all butter.

A couple of years back we had to use the ordinary version. Never again. Makes a huge difference to home made sausage rolls - sausages supplied by a proper butcher. After years of buying supermarket sausages, even from Waitrose and M&S, we discovered that by comparison with real butchers’ sausages (choose carefully!) they’re all pretty dull and bland. And they deliver!

LOL,I had a butchers bike with the basket on the front as a 15 year old apprentice on the Gas Board.No bangers just a tool bag.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harry Peterson said:

I have a butcher and have never knowingly had shop ones. I love a proper sausage roll. My downfall though is apple turnovers and we still have lots of apples left

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

We get our turkey from a local farm and veg from the weekly outdoor market a few days before Christmas day. No need for deliveries! 

It may be a good idea to check that bird flu has not caused your local farm to cull all of it’s turkeys. With more than a month until the big day, it is quite possible that many customers will be disappointed ☹️

22 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It may be a good idea to check that bird flu has not caused your local farm to cull all of it’s turkeys. With more than a month until the big day, it is quite possible that many customers will be disappointed ☹️

Poor little turkeys aren't exactly over the moon either.😉

• Haha 1

On 11/15/2022 at 8:54 AM, Josy1953 said:

The weather was so atrocious on our wedding day that Father Prentise suggested to the photographer that perhaps he should take photos throughout the service.  We have photos that are totally different to the standard outside the church, groups of guests etc.20221115_085002.thumb.jpg.37dbc51176e8ab059edcec0d40de8285.jpg

Happy anniversary for yesterday x

14 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all from soggy Sussex. It’s my birthday today and we stayed overnight in a nice hotel in Uckfield. Off to Brighton soon then back home. Hope we don’t get too wet!!

animated-happy-birthday-image-0089.gif.e32e0ac2f1d7b5ca3170991c95ec6796.gif Sue 😊😀🎂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, zap99 said:

Poor little turkeys aren't exactly over the moon either.😉

Pretty bomb proof here 😊 We have a turkey crown in the freezer.

We have enough farms and markets nearby who sell turkeys.

As a back up, our local pub sells wild turkey 😉

@Adawn47  Your fan club awaits you 😊 Hope all is well with you .

• Like 6