P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

26 minutes ago, zap99 said:

In Glass House on Azura this evening. It's DW'S birthday. We had trouble getting in, but used the old ploy....we know Pauline &Graham. Seated immediately. 🤣

I will try that when we join Azura on the 25/2

Michelle

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

I will try that when we join Azura on the 25/2

Michelle

I'm sure you will have a great cruise Michelle. We are on again when she gets to Malta in April. This has been a good cruise. Ship is fine, food is fine entertainment also fine. I'm sure that if I went around trying.to find some stuff to complain about, I could. Life is too short for that. A very enjoyable cruise. Number 7 since freedom day. Everything is fine. Honestly it is. .....really.😁🦐

• Like 14

17 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I'm sure you will have a great cruise Michelle. We are on again when she gets to Malta in April. This has been a good cruise. Ship is fine, food is fine entertainment also fine. I'm sure that if I went around trying.to find some stuff to complain about, I could. Life is too short for that. A very enjoyable cruise. Number 7 since freedom day. Everything is fine. Honestly it is. .....really.😁🦐

Those words are really nice to hear, it will be our first cruise since August 2019 and I have read so many negative posts about her so good to hear something positive.

Glad you are having a good time 

Michelle

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zap99 said:

In Glass House on Azura this evening. It's DW'S birthday. We had trouble getting in, but used the old ploy....we know Pauline &Graham. Seated immediately. 🤣

Happy birthday to your lovely wife John.

Pleased to hear you are having a brilliant time.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Peanut006 said:

Those words are really nice to hear, it will be our first cruise since August 2019 and I have read so many negative posts about her so good to hear something positive.

Glad you are having a good time 

Michelle

We had a fantastic cruise on Azura in November Michelle.

Glass house was a pleasant surprise as was Sindhu.

Graham.

IMG_20221127_134557.jpg

• Like 5

On 2/14/2023 at 10:44 PM, Snow Hill said:

Some breakfast time entertainment. 

Found a new way of scaring the local moggy to stop it stalking the birds on the feeder.

I have enable the speakers on the security camera at the back of the house and say “don’t you even think about it” thru the app on my phone in my best “this is the voice of the mysteries” impersonation, one confused cat looking around and seeing no one makes a run for it.  😂

You need these bad boys to keep the moggies away.Believe it or not our neighbours sent us this photo yesterday.They come from the smallholding 100 yards away.I didn't think chooks could fly that high,lol.IMG-20230215-WA00011083.thumb.jpg.e22bf80635e3035dfcbd86c938aa7f20.jpg

• Like 6

On 2/14/2023 at 10:02 PM, indiana123 said:

Us too.  We enjoyed ours.    We hope to try the new ship.

The only slight problem was at Tilbury  They were having a huge car park right by the terminal but it fell through and the new car park was badly signposted so a lot of people were being tipped  off to drop off the passengers with the  luggage, then following the shuttle bus to the new car park.  Of course it may all be sort

This Tilbury car park has an ingenious anti car theft scheme.Screenshot(4).thumb.png.1d3f5b9fda7e90d4ce02cc96a56b39c9.png

• Haha 8

3 hours ago, indiana123 said:

You're up early Purdey 16.   I thought I was  the only one who trawled here in the middle of the night.

Are you an insomniac too?       (.I've been called worse 😀😂)

Yes I am indiana I use to push 2 hours a night but I am achieving at least 5 hours now and sometimes 7 which is amazing for me , anyway up nice and early this morning a cup of tea on the balcony with a much calmer sea and clear sky with sunrise, lovely peace and quiet.

A27ECFCB-FF16-406D-9586-E6015265679B.jpeg

• Like 13

34 minutes ago, DamianG said:

FpEzqJNWIAACvKa?format=jpg&name=small

There was I thinking it was just me just me 🙄

To be fair our marriage isn't bad due to all those years ago ,I banned puzzle books in our house.

30 years on and not a crossword between us :classic_unsure:

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

42 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Well I'm not showing OH that one DamianG or you will get a standing ovation!😀😂🤣

In our house I'm the fusspot always correcting bad grammar as I really dislike hearing poorly phrased sentences such as "I don't have no clue!🤓

Edited by DamianG

Purdey 16 and indiana - another sometime insomniac here.  I have had quite a few essentially medical issues over the past 5 years; not as bad as some on here but worse than average certainly.

Over that time I have mostly had an average of 3 to 4 hours sleep a night; think I need 6 or 7.  If I wake up beyond about 2.30 I am usually too awake to go back to sleep, and either start worrying about everything, or as I have learned to do, read some of my current novel, followed if necessary by a look on the laptop - new emails, BBC news, and CC in that order.  Sometimes after that I can go back to sleep, or usually it is around 5 a.m., and I make myself a mug of tea.  Then my marvellous paper man comes around 6, so I read the paper in bed until time to get up.  As things have improved in my life in general this past 6 months I have had better nights.  I think the problem for all of us insomniacs is usually stress related, and not coping with it as well as others can.

It always amazes me that what is appalling at 2 a.m. becomes a solvable problem by 8.  I don't know if you agree.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, zap99 said:

Glad you are enjoying yourselves- I love the Glass House!  How is the weather?  I join the day before Michelle so packing tips welcome.   

46 minutes ago, lincslady said:

It always amazes me that what is appalling at 2 a.m. becomes a solvable problem by 8.  I don't know if you agree.

I totally agree on this point, and Ihave  read or heard it comented on by several doctors on TV over the years. The strange thing is despite knowing about it, you can still find yourself stressing about all sorts of trivial things.

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Ilovemygarden said:

Glad you are enjoying yourselves- I love the Glass House!  How is the weather?  I join the day before Michelle so packing tips welcome.   

It's around 19/20. Quite peasant. I forgot my shorts, so had to buy some..My top packing tip is to stay out of the way and do as you are told.🤣

• Haha 7

10 minutes ago, zap99 said:

It's around 19/20. Quite peasant. I forgot my shorts, so had to buy some..My top packing tip is to stay out of the way and do as you are told.🤣

I hope the peasants are not too much of a nuisance.

Once on a cruise we happened to look down over our balcony towards the balconies below and saw a chap laid out with nothing on at all. I guess that he forgot his shorts too. 

• Haha 5