P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

Thanks for everyone mentioning Adam Lambert and The Show Must Go On.   I've just thoroughly enjoyed it.

Re the MRI I had in London 10days or so ago.  There are two surgeons involved one for pain management and back and one vascular and both were saying the other must sort things first. 🙃 Anyway not much can be done for the back, so I'm having leg stents on 25th May.  It's not a cureall but hopefully will make me more comfortable.

Just back from a short break.  We went to some nice restaurants, but most were quite chilly.  People were keeping their jackets on.  Can't blame them really, they are having to deal with a crisis in supplies, but not so nice for the customer.  Anyone else noticed this?

• Like 5

10 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Left many a cruise looking like Michelin man

I actually wore one of the Bibendum (Michelin man) costumes once for 2 hours when we had a family fun day, I definitely wouldn't do it again, far too warm.  It's quite a strange experience, children have reactions ranging from running up and poking the costume to screaming.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, Angel57 said:

Someone had a groom this week, someone didn’t like being clean, someone rolled in something unmentionable, someone had to have a bath and someone else had had to scrub the bath clean and now needs alcohol!!

DA72B4CF-85D3-44EB-8936-F420008F82F0.jpeg

Someone in our house has every sympathy having also been for his first groom since January (as they were fully booked for months)!

39D15D44-D259-414D-B818-BD207A625325.jpeg

• Like 14

1 hour ago, DamianG said:

Someone in our house has every sympathy having also been for his first groom since January (as they were fully booked for months)!

39D15D44-D259-414D-B818-BD207A625325.jpeg

But he looks like he’s been a good boy (and very handsome too) and has stayed clean - unlike someone else!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's two weeks today that we board Arvia, and still  waiting to hear from the oncology department. I've now got the added stress of tying to get up to Southampton due to the train strikes!🙄

Just sat down with a coffee and there's a knock on the door, which made me jump. It was my Tesco delivery, no subsitutions, plus he was early by nearly an hour. 😃

Have a good Sunday everyone.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We're already counting down to our August cruise especially as it will be our first time back in the Mediterranean since 2018. This prompted us to make a classic P&O breakfast this morning. Happy Sunday all.

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

I'm very impressed, especially if you went to the trouble of making a hollandaise sauce from scratch 😇 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, purplesea said:

It's two weeks today that we board Arvia, and still  waiting to hear from the oncology department. I've now got the added stress of tying to get up to Southampton due to the train strikes!🙄

I sincerely hope you get some reassurance very soon and are able to enjoy your cruise stress-free.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, DamianG said:

We're already counting down to our August cruise especially as it will be our first time back in the Mediterranean since 2018. This prompted us to make a classic P&O breakfast this morning. Happy Sunday all.

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

Classic.  Here's mine from Azura. Your bacon is nicer.🤣

20230418_092426.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

We went to Wakefield this morning as it is the custom car and bike show, what a fantastic turn out of cars and bikes plus the city centre was packed with people enjoying a pleasantly warm if cloudy Sunday morning, bit like the old days BC. Mrs YP did point out that a lot of the cars were older than me and in better nick, I think she was referring to my rusty colour from our last cruise.

• Haha 7

12 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We went to Wakefield this morning as it is the custom car and bike show, what a fantastic turn out of cars and bikes plus the city centre was packed with people enjoying a pleasantly warm if cloudy Sunday morning, bit like the old days BC. Mrs YP did point out that a lot of the cars were older than me and in better nick, I think she was referring to my rusty colour from our last cruise.

As long as your big end is in good nick.No worries.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, DamianG said:

IMG_2931.jpg

IMG_2930.jpg

You should take over the catering on Britannia!! 

• Haha 3