P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

1 hour ago, Ardennais said:

The Urdd National Eisteddfod is being held down that way in a few weeks so that might account for the Welsh flags. 

Have to say the towns in the North are all flags and bunting. Quite surprised. More flags here than at home .

I am planing to watch the the coronation tomorrow, I was 3 months old for the last one so this will be the first one that I have seen and could also be the last.

My mum did tell me that when the it was the Queen's coronation we were in my grandad's crowded house because he was the only person in his street who had a tv.  I remember that tv as a young child  it had a very small screen with a magnifier in front of it and a terrible picture but we loved to go to granddad's to watch the tv.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, Son of Anarchy said:

Benfleet earlier today 😃

20230505_193734.jpg

20230505_193720.jpg

20230505_193225.jpg

Brilliant love his big ears 😊 we have knitted lamp post as well as the post boxes up our town , the local knitters club change the theme every couple of months .

• Like 3

Another early morning thanks to the birds who think that 4am is a good time to start singing.

6am and the housework is done and the breadmaker is on so that we can have sandwiches at lunchtime while we watch the coronation coverage on the tv.

Have a good day whatever you decide to do today.

Edited by Josy1953
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Brilliant love his big ears 😊 we have knitted lamp post as well as the post boxes up our town , the local knitters club change the theme every couple of months .

We have no knitted toppings in the village, difficult to do as the vast majority are either in a wall or “boxes on sticks” we have only one traditional type of freestanding postboxes. 

• Like 1

Our pre-cruise diet goes to pot this weekend with a coronation family tea today. Pork pie, sausage rolls, quiche, scotch eggs, coronation chicken sandwiches and salmon cucumber sandwiches and clotted cream and jam scones. Bottles of champagne as well😊

Edited by Splice the mainbrace
  • Like 8

No special food or drink here, although my OH may have an Earl Grey tea instead of the normal Tesco Finest Breakfast Tea. 

We also have an Amazon delivery at some point today, my new greenhouse auto vent, one of the others finally gave up after 10 years.

• Like 1

I’ve just had my “coronation” breakfast of scrambled eggs and smoked salmon, so i am now set up for sitting on my backside, in front of the tv, for the next six hours 🤣🤣 👑🇬🇧

I didn’t forget Freddie (no morning walks as far too wet) and he had a plain scrambled egg much to his delight. 🐶

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Presto2 said:

Totally get this. My parents were both anti royalist and I have never really been bothered. I have to say that I was surprised at how much the late queen's death affected me. Just watching the ceremonies and thinking about the history behind it was something else.

Strangely I am not too bothered about tomorrow .. I wish the new monarch well but other than that I am not particularly that interested. Not out of disrespect.. just not interesting me for some reason. 

Will probably dip in to watch and then go for a walk by the sea !

I am also in the not bothered camp. Looking at the telly schedules, it's  difficult to avoid. I'm sure something will turn up. I still have free practice 2 from Miami.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

Our pre-cruise diet goes to pot this weekend with a coronation family tea today. Pork pie, sausage rolls, quiche, scotch eggs, coronation chicken sandwiches and salmon cucumber sandwiches and clotted cream and jam scones. Bottles of champagne as well😊

That's worth popping round to your house for. Enjoy your day😁

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, zap99 said:

I am also in the not bothered camp. Looking at the telly schedules, it's  difficult to avoid. I'm sure something will turn up. I still have free practice 2 from Miami.

I like seeing the pageantry and the historical side and thinking of the fact that much of this goes back centuries. Other than that it is a nice walk in the sun .... well a walk !!

• Like 1

Morning all, I’m sat in front of the TV watching all the people arrive at the Abbey.

Enjoy the weekend, whatever you do, I’m all alone as John’s at work. He’s not too bothered but I hope the flypast happens as he’ll enjoy that as will I. He’ll be home for that. I love all the pageantry and history, I’ve never seen a Coronation before.

Wow the gold coach is so shiny!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

I like seeing the pageantry and the historical side and thinking of the fact that much of this goes back centuries. Other than that it is a nice walk in the sun .... well a walk !!

Having just been for a walk with Charlie, you shouldn’t get cold as it is warmer than it has been recently. Maybe a little damp though. Enjoy. 😊

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, pete14 said:

Having just been for a walk with Charlie, you shouldn’t get cold as it is warmer than it has been recently. Maybe a little damp though. Enjoy. 😊

To be honest we've been drawn in to watching the coronation so who knows. I just hope my late mum will not be looking down and tutting too loudly !!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

16 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

I shall be happily watching the coronation tomorrow. I make no apologies for being a monarchist🤴 I like the royal family, well.... some, not all😬

Have a really enjoyable day tomorrow whatever you do.

Avril

We are monarchists too Avril.

IMG_20230505_145435.jpg

IMG_20230505_145537.jpg

IMG_20230505_145518.jpg

IMG_20230505_190311.jpg

• Like 12

18 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

To be honest we've been drawn in to watching the coronation so who knows. I just hope my late mum will not be looking down and tutting too loudly !!!

I just hope Charlie doesn’t expect us to refer to him as King Charlie and be deferential to him.6CD8644F-CFE9-4040-9C9A-8FE982BECBB5.thumb.jpeg.af3db10e1dce7420ebdc795336d6fb42.jpeg

• Haha 14

We are sitting watching the coronation.

What a marvelous experience.

Our breakfast this morning.

Paulines late dad was a soldier on guard on the mall for the Queen's coronation.

IMG_20230506_101657.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 18

I have WiFi! 

Isn't it all glorious!

The choirs have moved me to tears already.

I've had my dear dad with me in spirit and when earlier today I saw the Royal Marines I cried unashamedly. 

Jane xxxx

• Like 10