P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

27 minutes ago, lincslady said:

OK, apologies for offending.  I will keep quiet for a while, as I don't like upsetting anyone, least of all the nice people on this thread.

You haven't offended anyone at all. With all posts you have to read between the lines, as the written word can be interpreted in many different ways.

Many of us have got to know you from your posts, and know you would not purposely be argumentative or offensive. 

Keep posting lincslady.x

Avril

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

This thread is from our Daily Lives experiences and 

What are things like where you are?.is the title.

Most of us mention the weather and where we have been to be it shopping,coffee in a cafe,meal in a restaurant, meeting friends, going on a holiday/cruise.

All pretty mundane stuff which has welded us together for over 3 years.

Once we stop posting our Daily events this P&O thread becomes

Irrelevant.

Graham 

Post away Graham. As I’m currently recovering from a shoulder replacement I’m pretty well confined to barracks so I love seeing and reading what people are up to. ❤️

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Post away Graham. As I’m currently recovering from a shoulder replacement I’m pretty well confined to barracks so I love seeing and reading what people are up to. ❤️

I hope you are out and about soon.

prayer-for.gif

• Like 5

Just now, lancashire_cruisers said:

Thanks Graham. We have a cruise booked in a few months so I’ve got something to aim for 🙂 I may even do a live from with lots of food pictures 😂

Definitely something to look forward to.

Live from cruises are always interesting and well appreciated.

• Like 5

48 minutes ago, purplesea said:

My daughter has just sent a text asking if we would like to join them for a BBQ this afternoon as the weather is looking nice. So I need to have a rummage in the freezer to see what I can find. 

If you don’t have anything / anything that will defrost quickly you could rattle up some bean burgers. I always like them for a bbq.

Enjoy your afternoon.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, lancashire_cruisers said:

Have they given you physio exercises to do on your shoulder yet?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

No more food photos from me on P&O.

No don't say that Graham. I am a very small contributor to this site, haven't cruised since 2021, and don't go out much ( what a saddo I sound!), so were it not for all the wonderful blogs and photos on here, everyone's good times would in the imaginings only. I love the photos, the settings, the stories behind them, and the happiness they bring. So, I may be living vicariously through you guys but I love it! Please keep those photos coming. Jane xxx

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

What might be a good idea is that when quoting just quote the relevant wording, ie highlight the text you want and it will just quote those words.  That might save some space and the pictures wont be posted multiple times all down the page. 

Just wondering!

Edited by indiana123
to take out phrase
  • Like 1

Going  NCL soon, round Britain, as far as Stornaway, then back down then France, Belgium and Netherlands, the last three just a flying visit.

Normally I know what to pack but stumped this time with all the changing weather.  One website said Stornaway 6 - 10 degrees.  I think I will pack 4 or so jumpers and rewear them if need be.

We have a boarding time of 11 - 11.30.. seems very early but we are not complaining.  I love formal nights and NCL is quite informal.  There is a big contingent flying over from America, apparently.  It should be fun.

Also sending our luggage on ahead.  We decided for 40 quid a case it was worth it for losing all the hassle.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

Please carry on Graham. I too enjoy seeing everyone’s photos and agree completely with what @Beckett said.

Some of the photos make me laugh - especially those that are upside down, some give me ideas as to what to eat and some just make me envious as I look down at my lettuce leaf!!

This particular thread always makes me feel part of a family - sometimes we disagree but we all care.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, kalos said:

Sad day when that happens but each to their own and if it disinterested me that much 

I would simply just scroll by being the easiest option .

Just my thoughts ,each to their own .

Take care 🙂

1 hour ago, grapau27 said:

As I said  a very sad day ,all because   .... Oh forget it :classic_sad::classic_sad::classic_sad:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Beckett said:

No don't say that Graham. I am a very small contributor to this site, haven't cruised since 2021, and don't go out much ( what a saddo I sound!), so were it not for all the wonderful blogs and photos on here, everyone's good times would in the imaginings only. I love the photos, the settings, the stories behind them, and the happiness they bring. So, I may be living vicariously through you guys but I love it! Please keep those photos coming. Jane xxx

Thank you Jane.

I post photos including food because lots of nice people like yourself like seeing them and it keeps the daily thread moving along but some comments on here make me wonder why I bother being on here unfortunately and not for the first time I feel like calling it a day on here.

My American and Canadian friends on HAL and RCL never make uncomplimentary comments about photos.

Spain deserved to win but the time wasting,faked injuries, getting opposition players booked was like watching the worst of men's football.

Graham xx 

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, kalos said:

As I said  a very sad day ,all because   .... Oh forget it :classic_sad::classic_sad::classic_sad:

You are probably my favourite poster on CC Kalos.

If I don't like something I scroll past like you and if I can't say something nice I will say nothing at all.

Best wishes mate.

Graham.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Beckett said:

I agree!  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, zap99 said:

Poor Dermotsgirl is feeling a bit crook and doesn't feel like eating. Just think.. sitting in your stateroom looking at Graham's foodie pics whilst nibbling on a rich tea biscuit will help on the journey back to that Dover.🤣🐬

I don’t know how to tell you this, BUT THERE ARE NO BISCUITS IN THE CABIN ON SAGA 😱

I think it’s because you can pick them up around the ship, for example there’s amazing shortbread fingers in the Library. Also on the lido deck there’s jars of sweets that you can just help yourself to. The most wonderful thing is the self service ice cream machine, which is also a source of entertainment, when people lose control of the machine and end up with huge mounds of ice cream.

For some reason I now have a craving for a rich tea biscuit. 

• Like 9

1 hour ago, indiana123 said:

Going  NCL soon, round Britain, as far as Stornaway, then back down then France, Belgium and Netherlands, the last three just a flying visit.

Normally I know what to pack but stumped this time with all the changing weather.  One website said Stornaway 6 - 10 degrees.  I think I will pack 4 or so jumpers and rewear them if need be.

We have a boarding time of 11 - 11.30.. seems very early but we are not complaining.  I love formal nights and NCL is quite informal.  There is a big contingent flying over from America, apparently.  It should be fun.

Also sending our luggage on ahead.  We decided for 40 quid a case it was worth it for losing all the hassle.

We were in Stornaway on Friday. For our visit it was 19c, sunny but very windy. We wore a tee shirt and fleece. We left the packing decisions until very late as the forecasts kept changing 

Stornoway is a nice town to walk round, but as we did that last time we did an excursion to the north of the island 

IMG_1467.thumb.jpeg.9688f18075a452865e829d3f4d193441.jpegIMG_1481.thumb.jpeg.8681cb69c6f715d1509d860663d29208.jpeg

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1