P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

That's Mrs K Jabbed up for the season . When in hospital the other week a nurse told

her to take two paracetamol before going for her jabs,helps with any soreness and temperatures.

Once in the nurse said  "one in each arm ?"

Mrs K said "No both in the left  as I like to sleep on the right arm."

The nurse said her and most who work in the practice have gone for one arm but this years fashion seems to be folk prefer two sore arms to one .🙃

As she had been such a brave girl I've took her out for lunch .She went for her lasagne n chips, whilst I had the beef n turkey carvery .

I would have had the green beans but they did not have any ..Honest  or I would have been there chomping on them .

I have to put photo on or as Andy says "it did not happen "🙂😉

20231009_120924.thumb.jpg.336c69cbe7713e6cfef6ed33119fc857.jpg

• Like 16

2 hours ago, SarahHben said:

Glad you’re starting to feel better. It’s strange, Mum has felt terrible but like you  all tests have been negative.

Tell her to keep dosing up with paracetamol, did I say that the ship had sold out of it about half way through and wouldn't have anymore until Southampton.......crazy!

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2023 at 2:49 PM, Adawn47 said:

In hard training for 2024 Wheelie Bin Washing Championship ???🤫

I hope it is something so trivial.🤞

Avril

Let’s hope so. I did hear a suggestion that @wowzz had run away with @Roger88on a late life Easy Rider thing, but probably just another internet rumour.

• Haha 10

Hi all,my locking wheelnut adaptor has to be ordered so driving home on a wing and a prayer.Made the 7hrs from Como to Thionville.Just the 4 hrs to Calais tomorrow.No photos but they will only be the same as last year,lol.The 1st puncture in the 10 years I've done this trip which adds up to 1500 miles x 20 but I am a bit of a worrier.

• Like 8

27 minutes ago, brian1 said:

Hi all,my locking wheelnut adaptor has to be ordered so driving home on a wing and a prayer.Made the 7hrs from Como to Thionville.Just the 4 hrs to Calais tomorrow.No photos but they will only be the same as last year,lol.The 1st puncture in the 10 years I've done this trip which adds up to 1500 miles x 20 but I am a bit of a worrier.

You’ll be fine, one disaster is quite enough on each journey.

Safe home.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SarahHben said:

I hope you feel better soon. It does sound like there’s a strain of ‘something’ that doesn’t show up on tests.

If using LF tests from 2 years ago possible may not show up the new strain. I was testing negative in August, but someone I was at a meeting at was positive, difference she had purchased tests recently. Mine were from 2021 with Jan 2024 expiry date. We have ordered some new ones given my MiL has a weak immune system at aged 89 and we visit her on a weekly basis. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

If using LF tests from 2 years ago possible may not show up the new strain. I was testing negative in August, but someone I was at a meeting at was positive, difference she had purchased tests recently. Mine were from 2021 with Jan 2024 expiry date. We have ordered some new ones given my MiL has a weak immune system at aged 89 and we visit her on a weekly basis. 

Never gave that a thought, ours were still in date so used them. Anyway we're getting over it now but will dispose of any remaining tests we have. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Rupert2251 said:

Never gave that a thought, ours were still in date so used them. Anyway we're getting over it now but will dispose of any remaining tests we have. Thank you.

Ours is Flow Flex kits and expire this year in Dec  . They picked up my infection in less than 

a minute . I personally will not be throwing ours away but will not use after Nov this year.

Just seems a waste ,if I was in any doubt then buy a new kit to use alongside .

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, kalos said:

Ours is Flow Flex kits and expire this year in Dec  . They picked up my infection in less than 

a minute . I personally will not be throwing ours away but will not use after Nov this year.

Just seems a waste ,if I was in any doubt then buy a new kit to use alongside .

Good point but hopefully won't need them again before they expire.

• Like 2

Ditto, indiana.  In some ways it is easier when you live on your own, you can at least have lights on and do what you want - for me, a mug of tea, a  look on here, try to finish the previous day's crossword and then settle back in bed with Richard Osman - he can make hours pass until either nodding off or time to get up.  The worst thing is just to lie in the dark worrying, isn't it.

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, lincslady said:

The worst thing is just to lie in the dark worrying, isn't it.

Yes it sure is, although these days, (or rather.. nights) I don't seem to lay worrying but my brain won't get tired, it just goes from one subject to another.

It sounds crazy but I find coffee works better at night.  I confess I have raided the fridge😗

• Like 6

The restaurant attached to our hotel was closed last night.Walked accross the adjacent river footbridge into the city.It was like London on a weekend.Found this kebab shop popular with young locals.Chicken tikka on a bed of rice ,chips and salad and a dollop of curry sauce 22 euro.20231009_2005461682.thumb.jpg.ff5c72cb54cec79e957f202bb287e60a.jpg20231009_1936571684.thumb.jpg.2e729d05bfbd12f5db7c6938642ee4dd.jpg

• Like 13

It looks like another fun day today.  I got up to a text from my niece she was kept  in hospital last night because  when she went to have her bloods done yesterday afternoon her blood pressure was dangerously low and they gave up and decided to keep her in at 9:30pm.  She wants me to go and get her teenagers up at 7:30 and then take them to school because her husband needs to get to Shrewsbury for 8am for the contract that he is currently working on.  I then have to take her dog for his walk.

DH has to go for a blood test at 10:15 so I am going to drop him off on the way to take the dog home and pick him up on the way home.

Have a good day everyone. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

It looks like another fun day today.  I got up to a text from my niece she was kept  in hospital last night because  when she went to have her bloods done yesterday afternoon her blood pressure was dangerously low and they gave up and decided to keep her in at 9:30pm.  She wants me to go and get her teenagers up at 7:30 and then take them to school because her husband needs to get to Shrewsbury for 8am for the contract that he is currently working on.  I then have to take her dog for his walk.

DH has to go for a blood test at 10:15 so I am going to drop him off on the way to take the dog home and pick him up on the way home.

It sounds like a busy day Josy. I hope your niece is ok and home soon 

Michelle

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Hot and sunny and 23c already.

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself as despite using insect repellent and taking anti histamine tablets I've quite a few mosquito bites. The worst one has blistered and swolen the area around it, as it's on my ankle it is also making it painful to walk. I am sure they wait for me arrive to make a meal of me!😒

Edited by purplesea
Predictive text
  • Like 8

7 minutes ago, purplesea said:

Hot and sunny and 23c already.

I'm feeling a little sorry for myself as despite using insect repellent and taking anti histamine tablets I've quite a few mosquito bites. The worst one has blistered and swolen the area around it, as it's on my ankle it is also making it painful to walk. I am sure they wait for me arrive to make a meal of me!😒

Be careful with the blistered bite, I am prone to bites and ended up in A&E when one got infected. It was on my leg and they had to cut my jeans to get to it, the nurse in A&E told me that they can cause blood poisoning.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Josy1953 said:

Be careful with the blistered bite, I am prone to bites and ended up in A&E when one got infected. It was on my leg and they had to cut my jeans to get to it, the nurse in A&E told me that they can cause blood poisoning.

Thank you. Every year that I come here I end up with numerous bites, although not so many (so far) as we are later in the year. Although one always seems to blister, so I always come well prepared. I'm my own travelling pharmacy!🤣

• Haha 3

Good morning all , been awake for a while too but been reading the other boards, I’m getting myself ready for a small op at 12 o’clock today just a day case and should be home before tea , weather turned out really sunny and hot yesterday here in the end after a dull grey start , supposed to be cloudy all day today so we shall see again.

• Like 11

Morning all, I too was in the wide awake club at 3:30 am due to Mrs K waking up to

a sore arm (injection site) and complaining of being cold and shivering .

I went into paramedic mode , got up made her a drink and gave her paracetamol.

She seems a bit better this morning and the good news is she only has one sore arm 🙃

Me thinks next week I will be keeping myself right well dosed up for the first 24 hours when I go for my jabs .

Have a good day every one 🙂

• Like 11

4 hours ago, brian1 said:

Found this kebab shop popular with young locals.Chicken tikka on a bed of rice ,chips and salad and a dollop of curry sauce 22   euro.

20231009_1936571684.thumb.jpg.2e729d05bfbd12f5db7c6938642ee4dd.jpg

Good find for the price Brian, one of those meals I could eat for breakfast 😉

That should set you up for your migration back into the UK ,Take care .

• Like 8