P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Harry Peterson said:

Might be worth considering. The two aft penthouse suites on Azura and Ventura are extremely spacious and equally well located. Without a doubt, the best on the ship.

Sorry Harry I have to disagree with you on this occasion (that doesn't happen very often). For me the best suites are A750 & A751, no stanchion on the balcony taking up space along with the unnecessary dining table inside the lounge area.  Other than that there is no difference, infact I would say that there is more space in 750 & 1.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rupert2251 said:

Sorry Harry I have to disagree with you on this occasion (that doesn't happen very often). For me the best suites are A750 & A751, no stanchion on the balcony taking up space along with the unnecessary dining table inside the lounge area.  Other than that there is no difference, infact I would say that there is more space in 750 & 1.

Horses for courses, I suppose.  We've used all four aft suites on Ventura/Azura and prefer the larger A752/A753 simply because they're more spacious at 742 square feet.  A750/A751 are 561 square feet, but all of these measurements do of course include the very spacious balconies.

Having said that, A750/751 are usually much cheaper, and much better value - though the dining table was a nice addition. Admittedly, we've only booked the larger ones when there was a particularly good price!  The balconies on A752/3 were so large that the stanchion was barely noticeable, though there were only the two of us.

I'd happily take any of the four - at the right price!

• Like 2

Well it’s proper autumn here now. Cold and sunny, the maximum tempt today was 10 degrees and it dropped to 1 degree over night last night. The heavy curtains are being pulled now to keep in the heat and while I still have shorts on today (and a fleece) I may just have to look out the long trousers for the first time since March.

We were out to dinner last night and my sister had her log fire on. It’s lovely to sit with a nice glass of something, good conversation and a cosy crackling fire in the hearth.

Did a bit of Christmas shopping over this weekend and started stocking up on nice food and wines. I have my Asda Christmas slot booked for basics and looking at my butchers order for the Turkey from the local farm, steak pies etc. I know it’s only October but we have lots of plans over the next 6 weeks.

My annual cheese advent Callander is ordered. I have the family advents as well, everything from Nespresso and Kath Kidson to fancy teas. I stopped doing Christmas cards years ago and get advent Callander's instead which they seem to enjoy.

Feeling fairly organised (and slightly smug).

Hope it’s not too cold where you are.

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Ohhhhh Denny’s graham we lived in there when we lived in Canada, I think I would be two tone Tessie now if we stayed.😂

I know what you mean!  We limit ourselves to one Denny’s Grand Slam breakfast per trip, because that sees you right through the day 😋😋 …. Well, more or less 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, mrsgoggins said:

Any recommendations for other places you ate Graham?  We always have at least one meal at Carrabba’s, a lunch at a Cheesecake Factory (the lunchtime barbecue ranch salad - my favourite - has more than 1200 calories 😱), Miller’s Ale House and like to try the occasional new place, so suggestions would be welcome.

I hope you are managing to stay awake given that you flew back overnight.  I really dislike the flight back; it takes me days to recover. Next year we are sailing back, yeah!

We booked this week as it was the last flights on TUI from Newcastle to Melbourne Florida for this season and flights to Orlando do not resume from Newcastle until next May.

It is only a 30 minute drive home and I parked in the short stay car park about 150 yards from the exit door so we were home by 07.00am and went straight to bed.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Purdey16 said:

Ohhhhh Denny’s graham we lived in there when we lived in Canada, I think I would be two tone Tessie now if we stayed.😂

I got the Phillisteak omelette with toast and red skin potatoes every day.

Pauline had Fit Fare veggie skillet most days.

• Like 2

Morning 4.c this morning ,sat enjoying a nice cuppa , having a glance through the papers.

I see Michael Caine at the age of 90 has said he's going to retire .

Not a lot of people know that.🙃

Have a good day !

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone, sitting inside it looks lovely outside but I have just been to put the washing on the line to dry and the thermometer outside says that it is only 3°c.

Take care everyone.

Edited by Josy1953
Spelling
  • Like 5

Good morning it’s starting to get a bit chilly now during the night so I think it’s time to put the quilt inside the cover on the bed now .

I have a question for anyone that’s been on Aurora recently do they have starlink internet on board? We have a offer at the moment for 15% off internet prices and I want to see if’s it’s available.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, twotravellersLondon said:

It was 28˚C when we flew out of Budapest the other day... so we're feeling the chill!

We were at a wedding in Budapest last summer. hot, hot, hot! Lovely city.

It easy to adapt to the heat and harder to come back to the cold (and only 6 more months of it to go!).

• Like 5