P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

The post Christmas diet isn't doing too well with homemade curry for dinner. I tweaked the recipe to make it a little less fattening.  I used powdered spices and zero fat plain yoghurt to make the marinade then low calorie olive oil spray instead of vegetable oil to pre-cook the chicken breasts.  Hopefully every little calorie reduction will help.

It was tasty but not up to Sindhu standard or even local curry houses. :classic_smile:

• Like 7

Another lurker and occasional poster here! 

A very happy and healthy New Year to everyone.

Avril - I’m so sorry to hear that Frank is in hospital, but pleased to hear that he seems to be making progress. Hope he will soon be back home with you where he belongs. Look after yourself. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Good evening.

It's pouring with rain here. 

Franks doing well. His last day of antibiotics tomorrow, and he's allowed to walk about now. No mention of more transfusions 🤞 so the last one must have been from @Eglesbrech He's also lost over a stone in weight in 4 days, mostly fluid I would imagine. He sees the doctor tomorrow so we'll know more then, but everything feels to be on the up🤞

I hope you all had a lovely new year's day.

Avril

• Like 33

3 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good evening.

Franks doing well. His last day of antibiotics tomorrow, and he's allowed to walk about now. No mention of more transfusions 🤞 so the last one must have been from @Eglesbrech He's also lost over a stone in weight in 4 days, mostly fluid I would imagine. He sees the doctor tomorrow so we'll know more then, but everything feels to be on the up🤞

Avril

That's great news Avril, and it must be a big relief to you.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That’s good to hear Avril

Tell Frank to keep up the good work, and make sure you are well fed and well rested for when he comes home.  The housework can wait.  Lose yourself in a good book, or enjoy some pleasing music

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good evening.

Avril

That is excellent news Avril.

It is 6°C here this morning.

Pauline had to go to work for 1 day today so after dropping her off I called to get a coffee and cheesy bacon flatbread from McDonald's drive thru then watched the sunrise at the beach.

I hope everyone has a great day.

IMG_20240102_075418.jpg

• Like 11

12 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good evening.

Avril

That's really good news Avril. It all sounds much more positive now and I hope Frank continues to improve albeit slowly and surely. That last transfusion from @Eglesbrech must have been the turning point! Please God you'll soon be back where you belong - together. My love to you both. Jane xxx

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Great news Avril ,before you know it he will be back home with you again🙂

Morning everyone hope all is well. Yesterdays weather was all over the place

and we had the highest and lowest temperatures ever recorded for this year.

It's nice that we all think of those laid up in hospital.

I  remember going to visit my ex- boss. I took some chocolates and some fruit .

Lucky for me he was fast  asleep at the time 😉🙃

Hope you all have a great day   Take care 🙂

• Like 6
  • Haha 7

13 hours ago, Adawn47 said:

Good evening.

Avril

It sounds like good news, although over a  stone in 4 days is lot to lose but you can feed him up when you get him home. Fingers crossed for tomorrow, we will be thinking of you both.

• Thanks 1

It is very grey and pouring with rain here this morning.  I went out to do our weekly shop at Tesco and the shortcut that I take along a lane was flooded so I came back by the slightly longer route.  DH will be delighted when he see the state of the car which he cleaned yesterday has all mud splashes over it from the lane.🫢

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Well this clip below more or less says it all about the weather today ...

IMG-20240102-WA0001.jpg

I hope that he still has room for them, the way it's raining there is a good chance that The Ark might already be full. 

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

I hope that he still has room for them, the way it's raining there is a good chance that The Ark might already be full. 

And it's set sail already and no one has told us ...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

And it's set sail already and no one has told us ...

If it is any consolation, it is exactly the same in North Wales. Perhaps Noah’s friend Dai the Arkbuilder can pick us up but Charlie the dog will have to go in one by one. 

1 minute ago, pete14 said:

If it is any consolation, it is exactly the same in North Wales. Perhaps Noah’s friend Dai the Arkbuilder can pick us up but Charlie the dog will have to go in one by one. 

There must be a female companion for him somewhere there -------

Totally miserable day here in Stoke on Trent so we have decided to do some research for holidays for 2025. Don't think the pension will cover another one for 2024 and the cat will never speak to us again !

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, pete14 said:

I believe it is Barbados next stop. 

Think Noah only does cruises with flights not included to the Caribbean and I don't like sea days -- but that's a whole new thread 😁

• Like 1

Oh dear, am I the only person here who likes grey days.  Also grey cities.I agree there is too much rain at the moment but as I just said to OH, I would love to be in Wales at the moment, walking the fields, hood up  and wind blowing.  I wish I could but I can't. 

We are supposed to go to town today.  I would happily go in the rain, but OH has suggested it might not be a good idea with my scooter or two  sticks🤣

Strange, we are all different.  Sitting on a desert island beach just doesn't appeal.  I am getting better, I am  liking summer a little bit now.  I often wonder if it  was something to do with being brought up high up in an old victorian house  ... well in an attic really.  I just don't know.. but at least one person is happy if the sun don't shine  🙃😊

Please don't throw me out.  I like it here!

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 13

20 minutes ago, indiana123 said:

Oh dear, am I the only person here who likes grey days.  Also grey cities.I agree there is too much rain at the moment but as I just said to OH, I would love to be in Wales at the moment, walking the fields, hood up  and wind blowing.  I wish I could but I can't. 

We are supposed to go to town today.  I would happily go in the rain, but OH has suggested it might not be a good idea with my scooter or two  sticks🤣

Strange, we are all different.  Sitting on a desert island beach just doesn't appeal.  I am getting better, I am  liking summer a little bit now.  I often wonder if it  was something to do with being brought up high up in an old victorian house  ... well in an attic really.  I just don't know.. but at least one person is happy if the sun don't shine  🙃😊

Please don't throw me out.  I like it here!

We will let you stay 🙂 

We also love a good storm and North Wales whatever the weather. Just to be by the sea and each season has its own charm. The rougher the sea the better -- well as long as it doesn't come over floor of our caravan it'd be fine.

Off to Barbados as I've always wanted to see what it is like - hubby says I will love the beaches and colour of the sea. We are doing quite a lot of excursions too. We are normally ancient history bods so this will be a different sort of cruise of us. Whatever, it'll be an adventure.

Re the weather today - oh it is very dark here, but it makes the Christmas lights in the house seem brighter ! Last day for them before we dismantle for another year. Can live without the sun, but you have to admit the weather of late has been miserable almost every day. Now if only the rain was snow, that'd be amazing ! 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Presto2 said:

Off to Barbados as I've always wanted to see what it is like -

Enjoy every minute.. Have fun

We have no cruises booked yet, but are taking off to Potters Five Lakes in a couple of weeks.  Looking forward to it.

ps,, OH said we had a podiatrist appointment this afternoon.   I felt something was amiss.  Drove there.  Wrong day!!   So embarrassing being turned away   My New Years Resolution of no more ear bashing worked!!!  I said nothing and fought the urge to  gloat... nearly😄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Just seen that we've gone from a Yellow to an Amber weather alert. Bins are already all over the drive and we've battened down the hatches in the garden... so to speak.

We were on our way to Wisley Gardens for the final evening of the "Glow"... that, Christmas at Kew and the Wakehurst Glow have all had to be cancelled. 

A little worried about the tree in a neighbouring garden... 60'+ high and taking the full wind... goodness knows what the squirrel family who have a drey near the top are thinking... certainly wont have any cob-webs at the end of this blast. 

• Like 7

We had a few hours of horrendous gusts here in Dorset earlier this afternoon, but it has calmed down a bit now. I must admit at one point I feared for the roof!

Keep safe everyone.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Presto2 said:

There must be a female companion for him somewhere there -------

Totally miserable day here in Stoke on Trent so we have decided to do some research for holidays for 2025. Don't think the pension will cover another one for 2024 and the cat will never speak to us again !

Top tip.

Keep a bit back in the kitty(🤣) for last minute bargains.

• Like 5